jazz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Miles Davis--Kind of Blue
*Miles Davis--Bitches Brew
*John Coltrane--A Love Supreme

Miles Davis--Kind of Blue

and you already have 'so what' in your soulseek file

if you want to look cool, i think you're supposed to listen to stuff like thelonius monk and charles mingus and dizzy gillespe, charlie bird...i can't say i reccomend it though. out of the stuff we listened to in jazz history class, i liked the big band era stuff the best, not bop.

IWasBored said:

if you want to look cool, i think you're supposed to listen to stuff like thelonius monk and charles mingus and dizzy gillespe, charlie bird...

You mean Charlie Parker, aka The Bird. Good stuff! :up:

i would have corrected me if i were you :up: that was just dumb of me.

(i was reading right out of a notebook from histroy of jazz class in which i had made the same mistake though)

um yeah...kind of blue is a good album to start with if you're not already into jazz.

dig these cat:

thelonius monk: monk's music
charles mingus: mingus mingus mingus mingus mingus
john coltrane: live at the village vanguard
bill evans trio: live at the village vanguard
oscar peterson: night train
miles davis: miles smiles

these are great too; more modern:

pat metheny: bright size life
keith jarrett: standards
chick corea: akoustic band

:cool:

i listen to jazz all the time, i try listening to the local jazz radio station whilst driving. i find it really helps me when driving, because it helps prevent me from committing horrible acts of road rage.

unfortunately, they have the tendency to play two hour sets where they don't tell you who is on, so i only recognize the occasional song if i can recognize the voice.

so this post is of no help to you! unless you have a local jazz station too and would want to listen to that to see if they announce their artists so you can see who you like. or, buy compilation albums that have several different artists so you can be exposed to jazz both old and new.

Back
Top Bottom