Jaws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
33536%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A9%3D788%3Dxroqdf%3E2323333554745ot1lsi

I would be shitting my pants if I was that guy

I got that in email.. someone questioned whether or not it was possibly photoshopped.

:shrug:

elevatedmole said:
It's been photoshopped.. the shark doesn't blend in well in enough for it to be real, plus the mouth looks very weird.

I joost loveth yer avatar :tongue:

That movie spoilt my enjoyment of the ocean

unfortunately
Jaws...ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
Ther have been just too many white pointer sharks being sighted and eating people round here lately. Why when I was a girl that never used to happen....seriously. They belong in the south, in the cold water...ewwww.
That would be one desperate shark that would take on a raoring helicopter gun ship. What will they think of next?:laugh:

Yeah that picture has been making the rounds and has previously been exposed as fake.

As for Jaws, when the movie came out I was 9.5 yrs old, and on vacation on Cape Cod. One particularly hot day, my Mom wanted to go some place air conditioned, so we did a family matinee of Jaws.
After the movie, where did we go? Why the beach of course.
How far into the water did I get? Almost ankle deep, and no further.

I love Jaws! DId you know George Lucas broke the shark they used for the movie? IT's true. They fixed it and tried to use it in salt water (it was made and tested in fresh water), but he salt ruined it.

helicopters_hh60_0001.jpg

shark.jpg

Jeepers, that's a large picture.

"y'all know me...know how I earn a livin'.
I'll catch this bird for ya but it's not gonna be pleasent. this fish...bad fish.
it's not like goin down to the pond and chasin bluegills or toddycats.
this shark'll swallow ya whole; a little shakin'....a little tenderizin'.....down ya go.
now I value my neck more than 3000 bucks chief.
I'll find 'em for three, but I'll catch 'em, and kill 'em.....for ten.
now I don't want no mates; no volunteers....there's too many captains on this island.
10,000 dollars for me by myself.
for that you get the head.....the tail.........the whole damn thing."

:mac:

JOFO said:
"y'all know me...know how I earn a livin'.
I'll catch this bird for ya but it's not gonna be pleasent. this fish...bad fish.
it's not like goin down to the pond and chasin bluegills or toddycats.
this shark'll swallow ya whole; a little shakin'....a little tenderizin'.....down ya go.
now I value my neck more than 3000 bucks chief.
I'll find 'em for three, but I'll catch 'em, and kill 'em.....for ten.
now I don't want no mates; no volunteers....there's too many captains on this island.
10,000 dollars for me by myself.
for that you get the head.....the tail.........the whole damn thing."

:mac:

Excuse me waiter, A'll I want is the grilled Tuna filet with
rice pilaf & the vegetable medley.:laugh:

Last edited:
jeepers LMAO @jeepers. I LOVE that word hahahhaven't heard it for a long time hahaha

nothing to do with the movie industry.....
I was thinking more about why there are increased sightings of white pointer sharks around here( so many of my friends and family surf and skin dive, it is a bit of a worry)
I grew up at the beach not far from a whaling station. It was still operating in my life time, the early 1960's. I have vague memories of the sights and the smell ewwwww. I think we came very close to wiping out the hump back whale.

But thanks to conservation practices, over the past decade their numbers have increase quite noticeably. They travel north in June, give birth in warm water and travel slowly back down the coast with their babies around september /october, usually. The return journey is when all the spectacular leaping behaviour goes on, the boys showing off to one another and hopefully the girls notice too:)(they must be related to us)
I think it may be the baby hump back whales. The white pointers are feeding on the increased numbers of baby whales maybe? Bit gruesome. but part of the web.

Anyway last weekend, a humpback was seen to the north of here, all tangled in fishing gear, trailing a rope and an anchor. Poor innocent fellow.He has just been found off the coast from where I live. A team are trying to help him now, but he has 3 companions who aren't very impressed with what is going on. it will be a difficult and educational rescue. I hope it is successful.

slightly to do with the movie industry..I was once in a doco for the National Parks and Wildlife Service. The guy who is doing the media reports about the whale rescue vaguely knows me. The lady in black:lmao: :laugh: well I'm an animal lover, not a movie maker

hahahahaha jeepers...I intend to say that as often as possible this weekend
Jeepers I hope they can help that whale and jeepers I hope that IS a photoshopped pic.

Not taking the mickey, Not George, I am seriously amused...thanks

A story with a happy ending...I'd like to share it

This is definitely not photoshopped.
A success!!!
The rescuers were "elated"
that is only and "e" and a "v" away from being
ELEVATED.

good luck Enduro, the seas must live.

Attachments

• whale.jpg
    whale.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 16