Jarhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
so who is going to see this ?

i asked my girlfriend if she wanted to see jarhead tonight?

she slapped me

damn, i love that woman!

I want to see it and love Peter Sarsgaard, but the reviews have basically said the movie looks great, the acting's great, but it doesn't really make a statement or say anything.

So I'm almost thinking I want to save the $$$ and see it on DVD.

I think the reason it doesn't make any sort of statement is that the book it was based on basically says that they waited the whole time to fight, etc and that the war was so technology based that it was over before they could..that's the gist of the review I read today. It's based on a book written by a Marine. I guess it tries to make a point re what the war means and means to them when it's being essentially fought by technology. It would be interesting to find out what Gulf War vets think of the movie.

I love Peter Sarsgaard too

I was going to see it tonight but I'm seeing Good Night and Good Luck instead

I want to see this. I read the book in college, so I really want to see what the movie is like

Plus, Jake Gylenhaal :drool:

Just saw it. Pretty good, not great. Fantastic performances by all three actors.

All the complaints about it not making a statement are stupid. It isn't trying to make a statement, it is simply showing Marine life. As is pointed out in the movie, all that matters is they are there, the rest is bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom