japan appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

creepyasfuck9gp.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh, and NO CHEATING. :down:

if you cheat you'll get a stale cookie :madspit: :wink:

But...but... How am I supposed to win if I don't cheat? :shifty:

Did someone call????:hyper:

All I can say is that Google is a girl's best friend. :heart:

But I don't care for your stale biscuits cos its when David stopped dying his hair blonde and broke my heart. :sad:

KhanadaRhodes said:
beli and/or blueeyedgirl should know :drool:

We are the one and the same soul. She is me and I am her. :drool:

PS I never remember lyrics to any songs, including U2. Im one of those sit and listen to music/bassline type people ie in the minority.

beli said:
Ive never understood why so many people drool over lead singers.
i can't think of one band i like where i prefer the lead singer. it's always the bass player or drummer for me.* :drool:

oh and since no one guessed, it's "the scent of magnolia" off david sylvian's "everything and nothing" album. :down:

*let me think...
duran duran: john taylor (bass)
japan: steve jansen (drums)
U2: adam clayton (bass)
inxs: jon farriss (drums)
there's others i probably can't think of right now :happy:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:ohmy: not garry? i'm shocked, i figured you'd be 4 for 4!

Nup. Im a shoulders girl. John Farris has great shoulders. I :love: the bit in the Mediate thingie video where Jon turns and walks away, towards the factory thingie. :drool:

beli said:

Ive never understood why so many people drool over lead singers. Some lead singers are very pretty but do they have broad shoulders and large hands?

No! So whats the point then? :wink:

You need a bass-playing lead singer. :yes:

:hmm: ...maybe not...I can't actually think of any bass-playing lead singers with broad shoulders... :huh: Nevermind. Carry on.

beli said:
Oh :ohmy:

Do you have any recent pics? I have a date with 10 five years old. Ill be back later.
:hmm: i'll have to go look, i try not to save ugly pics of people but if i don't, i'm sure i can find some easily :up:

indra said:
You need a bass-playing lead singer. :yes:

:hmm: ...maybe not...I can't actually think of any bass-playing lead singers with broad shoulders... :huh: Nevermind. Carry on.
sting? he's got some murscles, or he did when i saw him on tv last, like in 2000. :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

sting? he's got some murscles, or he did when i saw him on tv last, like in 2000. :shrug:

I always thought of him as more wirey. But I could be wrong (shocking, I know!). :)

indra said:
I always thought of him as more wirey. But I could be wrong (shocking, I know!). :)
:laugh: i know he was kinda scrawny back in the 70s and 80s, but he got a bit muscular when he took up yoga. i can't remember how muscular though and if he still looks that way. my memory = :down:

btw, some pics of jon's HAH:
2aee1hm.jpg

112uv.jpg

garyastorandinxs5bu.jpg

Where the hell is this thread going:wink:
Meanwhile back in Japan....
What was David Sylvians first album called?
I havnt seen my copy in years and cant remember to whom i lent it!
It had a synth. sound on the final track that used to make me cry
Really:
sad:

Back
Top Bottom