jane's addiction anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I hear they're coming out with a new album in a month and a half...

Anyone know any spoiler news on it?

there's a feature article on Dave Navarro in the latest Guitar World... he talks about line-up changes, and the new album. Says it's their best work ever... but what else is he supposed to say?

Their first new album of original material since 1990's Ritual De La Habitual I believe, that's a long freaking time.

Ritual was a classic album and still is, I wonder how the new album is going to be.

I read that Perry originally wanted to make the album have an electronic dance feel to it, but then when they were jamming for the new album he said that just hearing the organic nature of actual music played with actual instruments seemed to express the songs better. He went on to say that electronic music can be so souless and just plain empty and that's not how he wanted the album to be.

So yay for Perry wanting to make a good rock album.

Funny thing - I saw them play live last night.

Well, they recorded a show for Last Call with Carson Daly.

They played two new songs which actually rocked. I have been a huge fan of Jane's since 1990.

They also played Mountain Song which was classic.

They have a new bassist who looks just like the guitarist from Hole.

They were in good form I have to say Dave's guitar rocked, Stephens drums were blaring and Perry was, well, Perry.

It was pretty cool because after they would play one song, there was a break so it actually got really quiet. I screamed out, "Play Three Days!" and Dave looked up at ma and gave me a thumbs up. other people started to do the same and he started the intros to Ted Just Admit it, Summertime Rolls, and Then She Did.

It was very cool.

I heard the new single yesterday and didn't recorgnize them at all at first. I thought it was some new band and I was going to dismiss them as a band that sucked. But I listeed to it a few more times and it grew on me.

All the reasons I loved Jane's came back to me. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

god, i've been thinking of starting a jane thread. let me just quote myself here.

FUCK JANE'S ADDICTION!!!

everything past nothing's shocking sucks my ass! omg, i worshipped perry farrel for years until that bullshit ritual de lo habitual. i saw jane open for love and rockets at uc irvine who knows how many years ago. and too many times to count after. my god, how i loved them until they sold out.

perry oughta listen to his own advice, "no talking man, all action!"

god, though, how i love them.

ouizy said:
They also played Mountain Song which was classic.

god, yes.

"comin' down the mountain...one of many children...everybody has their own opinion, everybody has their own opinion, holdin' it back, it hurts so bad..."

yeah zoney, it was great. that was the night i saw a little more of perry farrell than i needed to. my brother had to cover my eyes.

:sexywink:

bonosgirl84 said:
god, i've been thinking of starting a jane thread. let me just quote myself here.

FUCK JANE'S ADDICTION!!!

everything past nothing's shocking sucks my ass! omg, i worshipped perry farrel for years until that bullshit ritual de lo habitual. i saw jane open for love and rockets at uc irvine who knows how many years ago. and too many times to count after. my god, how i loved them until they sold out.

perry oughta listen to his own advice, "no talking man, all action!"

god, though, how i love them.

are you fucking kidding me?

Ritual De Lo Habitual is one of the best albums ever.

Your post makes no sense.

The second side of that "Record" is one of the best out there. Three Days? Then She Did?

great songs...

you are wrong.

that is final.

ouizy said:

are you fucking kidding me?

Ritual De Lo Habitual is one of the best albums ever.

Your post makes no sense.

The second side of that "Record" is one of the best out there. Three Days? Then She Did?

great songs...

you are wrong.

that is final.

Yes the end of Ritual rocks, but it's still hard to say it's better than Nothing's Shocking. I dunno, just my lowly opnion. Bottom line is I love both albums.

I never really got into them but I caught them on some late night show while we were surfing the tube in the hotel in Denver and I felt the early warning signs of a new obsession creeping up on me. What record should I run out and buy today?

jane's addiction is one of those bands where i've been meaning to buy an album by them, but never have. so, coming from someone who's not a big fan, i really didn't like the single. i might change my mind the next time i hear it, if i hear it again. you know that band filter? it just reminds me of them...i don't know why. not that "awake on my airplane" song, but some of their other stuff. but i may need to listen to it again. why? just because...;)

honestly - I have not heard the new single except for when I saw them play it live a couple of times.

I have mixed feelings about Jane's now.

I fear for the new album as I think it will be poppy, but the producer fro The Wall did it, so it might rock.

Anyway - I was a huge huge Jane's fan in teh late '90s and if you do not own any of their albums, all you really need is Nothing's Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual. You also have to listen to them in that order.

If you are into trippy long songs, Three Days off of Ritual is probably their best song.

Back
Top Bottom