James Cameron casts 'Aliens' star in lead role for his epic masterpiece 'Avatar'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
IGN has the scoop.

The Avatar Players
Cameron fills cast, begins filming.
by Stax

February 15, 2007 - Oscar-winning director James Cameron has disclosed which new actors have joined the cast of his long-awaited epic Avatar, which is now filming.

Confirming earlier rumors, Cameron has indeed reunited with his Aliens leading lady Sigourney Weaver for Avatar. Also cast in the film are Wes Studi (Heat), CCH Pounder (The Shield), Lola Herrera (A Good Year), Joel David Moore (Hatchet), Peter Mensah (Hidalgo) and Laz Alonso (Stomp the Yard).

According to Ain't It Cool News honcho Harry Knowles, Cameron "had just shot 3 days of live action work in Hawaii in the tropical rainforests. Apparently he was shooting with Sam Worthington, Lola Herrera and I believe he said Sigourney Weaver was there, but I might have heard that wrong."

Upon returning to California, Cameron reportedly "begins a stage called Pre-Capture where he'll mainly be shooting with Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana. The reason is that their characters have been fully entered into the CG system. He told me that this way, with the realtime rendering, he can actually compose and find his shots -- and then work with the actors to get the performances he wants within those shots."

Avatar is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.

The film isn't due out until summer 2009.

This film is going destroy all those before it. :combust:

Where's the obligatory Michael Biehn role?

But Sigourney Weaver OMG! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom