James Bond is the friggin man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Watching Goldfinger right now, you gotta love it. He arrives in the water, sets up the explosives, climbs back over the wall, peels off the wetsuit, and underneath is a perfectly neat suit. He then goes and is making out with that girl, sees his attacker's reflection in her eye, spins around, throws him in the tub, and then drops the fan in and electrocutes him. And he never breaks a sweat. I wanna be Bond. Plus he meets girls named Pussy Galore, Xenia Onatopp, and Plenty O'Toole.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

You said it!

I love Bond. Absolutely love all of them, except the first.
Bond is the man indeed.
biggrin.gif

Ursula Andress was the quintessential Bond girl. That's what everyone says. The embodiment of his superiority to us: beautiful, exotic, highly sensual, and yet unavailable to everyone but him. Shite. Let's face it, if she'd shag one punter from Edinburgh, she'd shag the fucking lot of us.

- Sick Boy, from a movie I shouldn't have to name.

I like Roger Moore as Bond...because the Moore films were always hysterical. Live and Let Die featured such a stunning debut by Jane Seymour as well! "I only read the carrrrrrds...", "For the first time in my life, i feel like a complete woman...."

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Watching Goldfinger right now, you gotta love it. He arrives in the water, sets up the explosives, climbs back over the wall, peels off the wetsuit, and underneath is a perfectly neat suit. He then goes and is making out with that girl, sees his attacker's reflection in her eye, spins around, throws him in the tub, and then drops the fan in and electrocutes him. And he never breaks a sweat. I wanna be Bond. Plus he meets girls named Pussy Galore, Xenia Onatopp, and Plenty O'Toole.

I pretty much grew up watching Bond, not sure how much good that did me as I am a girl (I sometimes find I enjoy gadgets and cars more than my male friends), but he is indeed the man.

I didn't like Moore, he was too tongue and cheek, Dalton was too serious. Connery is "the Bond" and Pierce is just as good it only they'd give him a decent movie/script *crossing fingers this next one is better then the last one*. Oh and Lanzuby wasn't around long enough for me to pass judgement.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by mbi16:

I didn't like Moore, he was too tongue and cheek, Dalton was too serious. Connery is "the Bond" and Pierce is just as good it only they'd give him a decent movie/script *crossing fingers this next one is better then the last one*. Oh and Lanzuby wasn't around long enough for me to pass judgement.

I think Goldeneye was GREAT, and TWINE was almost as good. Tomorrow Never Dies, however... that was a shame. Great special effects, lots of potential, but no story whatsoever.

Plus he meets girls named Pussy Galore, Xenia Onatopp, and Plenty O'Toole.

Don't forget Chu Mi and Dr. Polly Goodhead
smile.gif

I love the scene where he meets Plenty O'Toole:

PO: "I'm Plenty"
JB: "But of course you are"
PO: "Plenty O'Toole"
JB: "Named after your father were you"

------------------
The joker is the best card.

I think Goldeneye was GREAT, and TWINE was almost as good. Tomorrow Never Dies, however... that was a shame. Great special effects, lots of potential, but no story whatsoever.

Alright maybe I should've elaborated. Goldeneye was a great Bond movie. I liked that one, it is one of my faves. For some reason it was just right, the cast the story everything clicked.

Ok maybe TWINE had a decent plot, but I've never seen a movie with more cheezy scenes. C'mon the fireworks at the end, and argh forget I get disgusted just thinking about it. It was also horribly cast, sorry but Denise Richards???? wtf?

Anyway TND had a worst plot but it also only had one cheezy scene, when Bond is packing up and he cocks the gun and shoots Michelle Yeoh a look. Gosh that always cracks me up. It was also a better cast, so in my opinion TWINE and TND are both equally crappy.

This new one looks promising though, good cast and an Aston Martin. I'll miss Q tremendously, and I'm worried about Cleese's character since he was portrayed like such an idiot the first time around. But the scary thought is that it's the director's first ever feature film, I could be wrong but I think he's only ever done commercials, meaning it's gonna be another producer's film, meaning very little change. We'll see though.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Back
Top Bottom