James Blunt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yertle-the-turtle said:
You might say it wasn't SHARP enough.
har.

cujo would be proud. :up:

and james blunt is very damien rice-ish, indeed.

I'm torn between 'You're Beautiful' being the most ...er beautiful thing ever written or the most irritating. And that croaky voice sounds slightly Cher ish to me! (do you think I should go for a hearing test?). But thanx for the website, I love it when music websites* have song samples. Perhaps James Blunt (who is, I agree, very much like Damien Rice which is no bad thing) will be one of those artists whose albums might not be the most listened to but will be the one you turn to when you're feeling down/reflective etc. Or perhaps I should just buy Damien Rice. Or maybe even both! :hmm:

*The best one I have ever come across is the official Stereophonics one which seems to have EVERY SINGLE SONG IN FULL ON THEIR WEBSITE TO LISTEN TO ONLINE

I am afraid I am not a big fan of "You're Beautiful" but I will check out the link as perhaps his other stuff is better - thanks!

Listening to Wisemen online on virgin.net (my media player can't cope with videos apparently) and am singing along.......

His lyrics are appalling, his voice is annoying and it isnt' really a good song. The only reason it seems to be popular is because idiots hear him saying "you're beautiful" and a string arrangement and think it is "sweet" or something.
"I saw your face in a crowded place".....oh dear.

nickypiemcg said:
His lyrics are appalling, his voice is annoying and it isnt' really a good song. The only reason it seems to be popular is because idiots hear him saying "you're beautiful" and a string arrangement and think it is "sweet" or something.
"I saw your face in a crowded place".....oh dear.

:yes: I thought it was Rod Stewart the first time I heard a little bit of it on an advert.

I still :heart: you, though, yertle.

I hate him, i hate You're Beautiful and i think it is the second worst song this year, and second worse to get number 1, beaten only by the crazy frog, James Blunt has the worst voice ever

Don't hate James Blunt, but not exactly fond either - over played and extremely overrated.

According to the locals who voted in this "Essential 500 songs" thing on our local radio station, "You're beautiful" is the 3rd best song of all time according to the Nottingham public!!!!! :huh: :eyebrow: :madspit:

Irishteen said:
I hate him, i hate You're Beautiful and i think it is the second worst song this year, and second worse to get number 1, beaten only by the crazy frog, James Blunt has the worst voice ever

Now if you'd said he was worse than that frog (don't make me say it's name) then I'd be :shocked: !!!!!!

Gotta admit though his lyrics are a bit weird, I mean, although I am singing along to Wisemen, "they got a semi by the sea" is rather :eyebrow: but, being an Oasis fan, I should be used to lyrics being put in purely to sound right rather than make sense!

yertle-the-turtle said:
I actually like this guy, I like 'You're Beautiful' quite a bit. It's a bit Damien Rice-ish, and I can dig that.

I like that song too :shrug: even though it reminds me of this guy I met on the subway when I was in college who subsequently stood me up on our first supposed date..anyway, this station I listen to plays obscure songs that don't get much airplay elsewhere and I heard it there so I looked it up online

He's on the Rolling Stone list of "artists to watch" for whatever that's worth, nothing I suppose

He came and played a mini-concert where I work, and it was the first I'd heard of him. I quite liked it, but when I heard some of the studio versions of the tracks ... not so much.

Not sure why there was a difference for me.

I don't think he has the "worst voice ever", but as of now, I do think that he's rather shite.

I heard "High" a few months ago in a hospital waiting room, and that was all I could hear for as long as that damn song lasted. I was in a living hell. I'm not going to draw conclusions out of the two or three tracks of his that I've heard. I suppose he'll just wash away with all the other million artists in the world I couldn't care less for.

And if he's on a Rolling Stone list of an "artist to watch", I think it's best you ignore him instead. :eyebrow: They have been right with the popularity of artists before, they have been very wrong with their talent.

karls77 said:
"She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan."

"And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you."

Sounds like he's a bit confused.........

I always think exactly the same thing when I listen to that song.

I don't care for his voice at all, but I do think he seems to be a pretty good songwriter. I like the song 'High' alot.

Back
Top Bottom