James

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
So how many James fans do we have here? I absolutely love this band. I think they had an amazing career with a few blunders. I loved Booth and the Bad Angel, but haven't even checked out the latest Booth solo album...

well i think that everyone knows Sit Down... but I love Out To Get You and Seven... and also Runaground, Destiny Calling and so on ;)
that Best Of is very good album... I have also few singles, but no regular albums :(

O sit down, o sit down, sit down next to me!

That's actually the only song I know, I think. But they were never big in my country so that's not too strange.

I have a couple of their albums and their Best Of. Excellent band, one of my favorites--good music and great singing by Tim Booth. In the United States, "Laid" is the song people would know if they'd know anything by James.

:up:

I like James..! Far from my favorite band out there, but I can usually listen to them and enjoy myself enough. I think that a number of their songs are pretty outstanding. They aren't the greatest, in my mind, but they're a lot of fun. Good music, good times, good sounds.

I do not know this "Sit Down" that everyone is speaking of.
I know "Laid" and I love "Say Something"

If ya don't know sitdown your missing out really, on one of my favorite songs ever.......

Sit Down is a great closer, but their best song (imho) is still Don't Wait That Long.

James is a great band. I just recently discovered them through a friend (Thanks, Tim!) right around the time when Millionaires was coming out. It was a great 3 months of discovering great new songs.

Second favourite band. Really strong 'best of' album released which sold by the bucket load. One of the best front men in the business in Tim Booth and fantastic live. Sadly missed.

Bloody Aus is the boondocks arse end of the world. Next thread I'll say we're miles ahead, but with James we're still stuck on Laaaaaaaaaaid, which is an awesome song. I have the single somewhere

Kills me every time :up:

Carrieluvv....a very merry christmas to you and yours! Born of Frustration is indeed one of theirs. If you can, find a track called 'Just Like Fred Astaire' from the 'Millionaires' CD. My favourite track of James. x

'Laid' is the only popular one in the US and think that is primarily due to American Pie.

same to you Tizer !!!! hope everything is well with you and your fam...how old is your wee lass now?
*HUGS* with all of my being....remember that thang ya used to say?

yea james is cool! was goin to buy the greatest hits but i thought they split up! They have havent they?

Yep, they've split up. They did release a live CD and DVD of their last concert together as well as another greatest hits.

James-->Eno-->U2 connection...

hence why i fell in love with 'em...
Seven is a great album....
Laid... also great, only one that got exposure here in the US...
Whiplash... DAMN! Was happy to see some tracks from the Wah Wah release brought to term here especially 'Tomorrow'...

Sadly missed, will be forever bummed I never got to see them play live. I have a bootleg called "Sounds & moods" with a KILLER version of Born of frustration, absolutely the best version ever, if ppl want it let me know..

Have only got the 'Best of' album but :drool: One of those rare 'Best of's that can be listened to the whole way. Every single is amazing. So, as you may have guessed, I like James too!

I listened to them for the first time this last weekend (thanks to HG), I enjoyed what I heard.

What would you recommend, getting the album 'Laid' first or the 'Best Of'?

I'll throw in a monkey wrench and say that if you want to try an album first, try 'Seven.' I think it's a bit more accessible than 'Laid,' even though 'Laid' was the first album I had. Then again, going with their best of is a good choice as well. Lots of great songs on there. I'm glad you liked what you heard. :)

James is in my top 5 list of favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see them live 4 times before they called it quits.

I recommend anything and everything by them. Their live album is amazing.

I worked in a music store when Laid first came out. I remember getting the promotional materials for the album - they said "Get Laid by James" :D Most people thought it was funny but I remember one day an older woman who was shopping saw the poster and complained that it was indecent. Needless to say, she didn't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom