Jamba Juice VS Starbucks/ Coffee bean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JessicaAnn said:

I am not so sure Jamba Juice is healthier. According to the Weight Watcher Points system

Yeah, but weight watchers judges it's points due to calories and sugars.

Jamba juice actually has nutritional value and can be used as a meal or snack replacement.

Most of what Starbucks serves has little to no nutritional value.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah, but weight watchers judges it's points due to calories and sugars.

Jamba juice actually has nutritional value and can be used as a meal or snack replacement.

Most of what Starbucks serves has little to no nutritional value.

Coffee, if consumed in moderation, can be beneficial to your health

Coffee Health Benefits
Coffee may protect against disease, says the Harvard Health Letter
BOSTON , MA — It’s surprising when something that was once considered questionable for your health turns out to have health benefits, usually with the proviso to use it “in moderation.” That happened with chocolate and alcohol, and now it is coffee’s turn, reports the February issue of the Harvard Health Letter. Here’s some of the mostly good news about coffee:

Blood pressure. Results from long-term studies are showing that coffee may not increase the risk for high blood pressure over time, as previously thought. Study findings for other cardiovascular effects are a mixed bag.

Cancer. Coffee might have anti-cancer properties. Last year, researchers found that coffee drinkers were 50% less likely to get liver cancer than nondrinkers. A few studies have found ties to lower rates of colon, breast, and rectal cancers.

Cholesterol. Two substances in coffee — kahweol and cafestol — raise cholesterol levels. Paper filters capture these substances, but that doesn’t help the many people who now drink non-filtered coffee drinks, such as lattes. Researchers have also found a link between cholesterol increases and decaffeinated coffee, possibly because of the type of bean used to make certain decaffeinated coffees.

Diabetes. Heavy coffee drinkers may be half as likely to get diabetes as light drinkers or nondrinkers. Coffee may contain chemicals that lower blood sugar. A coffee habit may also increase your resting metabolism rate, which could help keep diabetes at bay.

Parkinson’s disease. Coffee seems to protect men, but not women, against Parkinson’s disease. One possible explanation for the sex difference may be that estrogen and caffeine need the same enzymes to be metabolized, and estrogen captures those enzymes.

http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food

http://www.healthandage.com/public/news-home/10380/Coffee-has-health-benefits.html

U2Fanatic4ever said:

hardly!! It puts a HUGE GRIN on my face!!!

See>>>>>>:D

thanks to you and babydoll I am forever altered...:wink:

I can't take any of the credit. It is all BD, she had me LMAO when she told me what the word ment. :lmao: That was almost six months ago and it's still foony:lol:

Back
Top Bottom