Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

This is my first DI, and I wasn't overly impressed with LMP's list. I thought it was middle of the pack.

I guess you don't got The Funk.

the tourist said:

I'm not a funky sort of individual, but I can appreciate it.

That's cool. I've recently gotten into it, so it's still a little new for me.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's cool. I've recently gotten into it, so it's still a little new for me.

Someday, perhaps, I'll get more into it. But that's not today. The closest I really come to getting into it is Trampled Underfoot by Led Zeppelin.

the tourist said:

Someday, perhaps, I'll get more into it. But that's not today. The closest I really come to getting into it is Trampled Underfoot by Led Zeppelin.

Cool.

And I've never heard them--though one of their albums is in the singer of my band's "to introduce Andrew to" list.

Which one? Z? It Still Moves?

The new one that just leaked is so fucking drool-worthy. That's an opening day purchase right there.

I'm listening to a Wrens album right now, assuming that U2popmofo has good taste. Which he does.

They can barely play their instruments though.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i have a friend who lives in jamaica plain. i think it's a funny city name :sad:

Actually, it is not a city name, it is a section of Boston. An interesting one at that. Referred to by locals as JP, this was originally an Irish/Italian stronghold, alot of blacks and hispanics have moved in along with less ethnically inclined yuppies. The neighborhood really gentrified throughout the 1990s, mostly along Centre Street, one of two main thoroughfares, Washington St being the other. Washington has some rough spots as it approaches Roxbury, and some areas in the northeastern corner of the neighborhood are not very safe.(Washington is a little gritty throughout JP, but only dangerous for a few blocks) Of interest to U2 fans and politics fans, there is a great old pub called Doyle's on Washington- great food, political memorabilia and Boston Irish stuff is absolutely incredible. You are likely to see more deals passed there than the state house! Also, known for playing a few U2 songs here and there! This is the bar the girls are dancing on in Mystic River.The neighborhood has always had Washington and Centre as a place of convergence, first for Irish/Italian working class then as hispanics, blacks and yuppies. On either side, you have the Jamaicaway, a winding 4-lane parkway that should be 2 lanes- loads of hairpin curves and not for the faint of heart. This road makes its way from Jamaica Plain toward Brookline and the mission hill and fenway sections of Boston. Beautiful scenery-Jamaica Pond and old mansions along the J-Way, mansions that were home to Boston's political elite in the early 1900s. Think Mayor Curley. Also this area has some of the higher up yuppies, college professor types.

the tourist said:
Hey Axver. I'm getting close to having all the PT albums now. :drool:

Awesome. :up:

I'm hoping to hear something like The Sky Moves Sideways or Waiting tonight. :drool:

the tourist said:

Or Collapse The Light Into Earth?

That would be a huge surprise, since they haven't done it this tour. I'd go ballistic.

the tourist said:
Have you voted in DI yet?

In your round, I haven't listened to DaveC's playlist, so I'm not sure I really should vote ...

Axver said:

That would be a huge surprise, since they haven't done it this tour. I'd go ballistic.

Well, there's more a chance that they'd play that than U2 would play a song they hadn't played so far into a tour. Actually, probably more of a chance of them playing that than U2 every playing Love Is Blindness again.

Varitek said:
there's more of a chance of them playing acrobat than u2 playing acrobat

sorry just had to jump on board

:lol: Yeah, any band that isn't U2 has a greater probability of playing Acrobat.

One of these days, somebody pulled on stage by U2 to play guitar should start by strumming, say, Angel Of Harlem or whatever, then after ten seconds go into Acrobat.

the tourist said:

Well, there's more a chance that they'd play that than U2 would play a song they hadn't played so far into a tour. Actually, probably more of a chance of them playing that than U2 every playing Love Is Blindness again.

Heh, yes. I keep wondering if a song was cut last night due to the ear piece incident or something, as they normally play 15-16 songs total, with three rather than two in the encore. Then again, we did get some fairly lengthy stuff in the main set ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom