Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #616
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
It just reminded me of When a Stranger Calls...all over again :shudder: what a horribly offense that was to all the senses.
I must admit, the first thing that came to mind for me here was a scene The Chaser did, an ad for "When A Telemarketer Calls". Great stuff. But almost totally off-topic!

Quote:
*watches Reign Over Me* hopefully this is a much better film.
I haven't heard of that one ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #617
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:31 PM
It's the one with Don Cheadle *Sp?* and Adam Sandler that came out a year or two ago. Adam Sandler lost his wife (and child?) during September 11th attacks, and now he's kind of out of it in 2005/6/7 whenever it is that the movie takes place. Don Cheadle is an old friend of his and they meet up and become friends, and It's all heartwarming and stuff, and that was pretty much the worst discription ever, but I haven't slept and I haven't seen the movie yet

Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #618
Vocal parasite

Adam Sandler, though? That doesn't bode well for the film's quality ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #619
Blue Crack Distributor

It's SUPPOSED to be really good, and his chracter copes with the loss through music, so that kind of kicks it up a couple notches, especially since I hear theres a lot of bruce springsteen music involved

I ahte the spoons at school..To be eco friendly they're made out of potatoes. I wish I was kidding
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #620
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It's SUPPOSED to be really good, and his chracter copes with the loss through music, so that kind of kicks it up a couple notches, especially since I hear theres a lot of bruce springsteen music involved
I think that part of the thing for me is that it would be hard to take it seriously just because it's him, and I'd be waiting for something mindlessly goofy or stupid to happen.

Quote:
I ahte the spoons at school..To be eco friendly they're made out of potatoes. I wish I was kidding
... what?! I am having a really hard time imagining how the hell that works ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #621
Blue Crack Distributor

Spudware
http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/10/13/...from-potatoes/

It's not even that I'm against saving the environment or anything...but they TASTE terrible...

And God help you if you accidentally bite down on it.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #622
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Spudware
http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/10/13/...from-potatoes/

It's not even that I'm against saving the environment or anything...but they TASTE terrible...

And God help you if you accidentally bite down on it.
That's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen. I think I'll stick with proper cutlery rather than cutlery I'm quite likely to accidentally eat.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #623
Blue Crack Distributor

On a dare i bit off one of the fork...things...what are those called? Anywyas, I bit it off, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be that I smacked my teeth together really hard, and that really hurt...

Stupid potato fork
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #624
Vocal parasite

Woops. Did the dare involve having to eat it too?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #625
Blue Crack Distributor

Well the first part of the dare was just to simply find out if, upon chewing it, the spudware actually tasted anything like potatoes...because based on simply eating off of it/liking it...it TOTALLY doesn't...I can't express the disgusting taste I've had to put up with all school year. So no, I didn't have to eat it...just chew on it for a bit.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #626
Vocal parasite

Could you not just bring your own cutlery rather than having to use that stuff?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #627
Blue Crack Distributor

I have plasticwear in my room (I know, I kill the baby seals ), but if I eat in the cafeteria I usually forget, and I have no plastic spoons, and I was eating cereal, so my forks weren't doing it for me, and the spudware was necesassary. That are commit grand theft silverware.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:31 PM
1. ax, adam sandler has been making decent-to-good serious movies for a few years. it is hard to get used to the idea though.

2. wtf? potato silverware? and your dining hall uses it regularly? probably contributing to the 3rd world food shortage... and that's disgusting. we just have real silverware.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #629
Blue Crack Distributor

It's supposed to be eco friendly since it's biodegradable and what have you. All it is to me is eck. We also have silverware options, but you can't take them out fo the cafeteria, and I didn't want to eat a bowl of cereal in there
Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #630
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I have plasticwear in my room (I know, I kill the baby seals ), but if I eat in the cafeteria I usually forget, and I have no plastic spoons, and I was eating cereal, so my forks weren't doing it for me, and the spudware was necesassary. That are commit grand theft silverware.
Ick, plastic cutlery is barely better, though. I wouldn't use anything other than proper silverware. I like cutlery that is hard for me to mangle (though I have managed to put bends in a couple of my spoons and forks).

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread