Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #556
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The plane that flew me home this morning. It's rather unusually named Bewitching Broome, a sign of it's previous life in the Virgin Blue fleet.

I've actually flown on this one before back when it operated for Virgin Blue.

Wait, that's in Christchurch? I thought all the larger planes in Christchurch went to the airbridges.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #557
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:29 PM
0. i walk fast too. it's a byproduct of the northeast coast. you'd fit in here.

1. there's a hold button ax. and i'm pretty sure it's paranoia but ian might know for certain.

2. i don't usually think aobut this, but i'm pretty sure from inside a car at least, i've used a cell at gas stations. maybe not. i've never paid it much mind.

3. yes, that .5 seconds to get the seatbelt off is not going to help in an explosion. but the swift exit is the logic behind putting your seat in its "full upright position" and part of the logic behind stuffing your shit under the seat in front of you - the other part of that being, if the plane goes haywire, ti won't start rattling around in the cabin and knock people out.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #558
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Bet you appreciated the height level.

Also, got to love all these Kiwi place names that are possessives but lack the apostrophe. Donnellys Crossing in Northland shits me the most.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

1. Ah, righto. I've accidentally left my phone on, and more often than not my iPod's on as it has a habit of turning itself on in my pocket, and I'm still here to talk about it! Are there actually documented instances of this stuff fucking up planes, or is it just cautiousness?

2. I was under the impression that was little more than an urban myth ...

3. This was the first time I've encountered a "please leave your seatbelts unfastened" announcement, though I've had the mobile phone one before. I figure that if the plane becomes explosive, we're all fucked anyway!
1. I think on occasions there have been cases of a lot of phones causing small problems. But generally i think it's cautiousness.

2. Same.

3. Exactly! I think they think you have a better chance of getting the fuck away without your seatbelt.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #560
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
0. i walk fast too. it's a byproduct of the northeast coast. you'd fit in here.

1. there's a hold button ax. and i'm pretty sure it's paranoia but ian might know for certain.

2. i don't usually think aobut this, but i'm pretty sure from inside a car at least, i've used a cell at gas stations. maybe not. i've never paid it much mind.

3. yes, that .5 seconds to get the seatbelt off is not going to help in an explosion. but the swift exit is the logic behind putting your seat in its "full upright position" and part of the logic behind stuffing your shit under the seat in front of you - the other part of that being, if the plane goes haywire, ti won't start rattling around in the cabin and knock people out.
0. Nobody has ever passed me when walking at my full speed. It's barely any slower than my run!

1. I don't use the hold button much - I usually forget it's on and then I wonder why my iPod won't work!

2. I've used my mobile phone plenty of times at petrol stations and still here to talk about it.

3. Oh, yeah, I always got the logic with the luggage and upright seat. What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Wait, that's in Christchurch? I thought all the larger planes in Christchurch went to the airbridges.
Generally yeah, but because of the gigantor motherfucking delays out of Auckland the Qantas flight at our gate didn't leave until we had done most of our boarding, and as such we needed the remote stand.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:01 AM   #562
Vocal parasite

OK, I'm off to dinner. See you folk later.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.
Probably to judge "oh fuck, fire...i'm not going that way". Which is a bit redundant.

I like it because it means you get rid of the fucking idiots who feel the need to close the blind and hide away the view. Hey, fuck you. We're close to the ground and can see shit. Don't close the blind!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, I'm off to dinner. See you folk later.
Catch you later

I should think about some type of dinner too.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 AM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Bet you appreciated the height level.

Also, got to love all these Kiwi place names that are possessives but lack the apostrophe. Donnellys Crossing in Northland shits me the most.
It had amused me.

I liked that someone had added an apostrophe to the signs at Arthurs Pass.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #566
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh, and as a result of the trip i have a great place for a future thread to go to.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

0. Nobody has ever passed me when walking at my full speed. It's barely any slower than my run!

1. I don't use the hold button much - I usually forget it's on and then I wonder why my iPod won't work!

2. I've used my mobile phone plenty of times at petrol stations and still here to talk about it.

3. Oh, yeah, I always got the logic with the luggage and upright seat. What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.
0. i've got shorter legs than you, but yeah, i don't get passed often when at full speed

1. sooooooo bad for your battery!

3. the blinds...maybe what ian said, but yeah, it's annoying, and it pisses me off when i get woken up to open a blind and then the sun is bright so i can't get back to sleep. i love white noise on planes, and sleeping on planes.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh, and as a result of the trip i have a great place for a future thread to go to.
where!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

where!
I don't know if i should divulge that information yet.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 AM   #570
Blue Crack Supplier

I CAN'T STAND THIS FUCKING COMPUTER SOMETIMES

Tags
superthread