Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #556
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The plane that flew me home this morning. It's rather unusually named Bewitching Broome, a sign of it's previous life in the Virgin Blue fleet.

I've actually flown on this one before back when it operated for Virgin Blue.

Wait, that's in Christchurch? I thought all the larger planes in Christchurch went to the airbridges.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #557
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:29 PM
0. i walk fast too. it's a byproduct of the northeast coast. you'd fit in here.

1. there's a hold button ax. and i'm pretty sure it's paranoia but ian might know for certain.

2. i don't usually think aobut this, but i'm pretty sure from inside a car at least, i've used a cell at gas stations. maybe not. i've never paid it much mind.

3. yes, that .5 seconds to get the seatbelt off is not going to help in an explosion. but the swift exit is the logic behind putting your seat in its "full upright position" and part of the logic behind stuffing your shit under the seat in front of you - the other part of that being, if the plane goes haywire, ti won't start rattling around in the cabin and knock people out.
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #558
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


Bet you appreciated the height level.

Also, got to love all these Kiwi place names that are possessives but lack the apostrophe. Donnellys Crossing in Northland shits me the most.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


1. Ah, righto. I've accidentally left my phone on, and more often than not my iPod's on as it has a habit of turning itself on in my pocket, and I'm still here to talk about it! Are there actually documented instances of this stuff fucking up planes, or is it just cautiousness?

2. I was under the impression that was little more than an urban myth ...

3. This was the first time I've encountered a "please leave your seatbelts unfastened" announcement, though I've had the mobile phone one before. I figure that if the plane becomes explosive, we're all fucked anyway!
1. I think on occasions there have been cases of a lot of phones causing small problems. But generally i think it's cautiousness.

2. Same.

3. Exactly! I think they think you have a better chance of getting the fuck away without your seatbelt.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #560
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
0. i walk fast too. it's a byproduct of the northeast coast. you'd fit in here.

1. there's a hold button ax. and i'm pretty sure it's paranoia but ian might know for certain.

2. i don't usually think aobut this, but i'm pretty sure from inside a car at least, i've used a cell at gas stations. maybe not. i've never paid it much mind.

3. yes, that .5 seconds to get the seatbelt off is not going to help in an explosion. but the swift exit is the logic behind putting your seat in its "full upright position" and part of the logic behind stuffing your shit under the seat in front of you - the other part of that being, if the plane goes haywire, ti won't start rattling around in the cabin and knock people out.
0. Nobody has ever passed me when walking at my full speed. It's barely any slower than my run!

1. I don't use the hold button much - I usually forget it's on and then I wonder why my iPod won't work!

2. I've used my mobile phone plenty of times at petrol stations and still here to talk about it.

3. Oh, yeah, I always got the logic with the luggage and upright seat. What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Wait, that's in Christchurch? I thought all the larger planes in Christchurch went to the airbridges.
Generally yeah, but because of the gigantor motherfucking delays out of Auckland the Qantas flight at our gate didn't leave until we had done most of our boarding, and as such we needed the remote stand.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:01 AM   #562
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:29 AM
OK, I'm off to dinner. See you folk later.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.
Probably to judge "oh fuck, fire...i'm not going that way". Which is a bit redundant.

I like it because it means you get rid of the fucking idiots who feel the need to close the blind and hide away the view. Hey, fuck you. We're close to the ground and can see shit. Don't close the blind!
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
OK, I'm off to dinner. See you folk later.
Catch you later

I should think about some type of dinner too.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 AM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver




Bet you appreciated the height level.

Also, got to love all these Kiwi place names that are possessives but lack the apostrophe. Donnellys Crossing in Northland shits me the most.
It had amused me.


I liked that someone had added an apostrophe to the signs at Arthurs Pass.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #566
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Oh, and as a result of the trip i have a great place for a future thread to go to.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #567
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


0. Nobody has ever passed me when walking at my full speed. It's barely any slower than my run!

1. I don't use the hold button much - I usually forget it's on and then I wonder why my iPod won't work!

2. I've used my mobile phone plenty of times at petrol stations and still here to talk about it.

3. Oh, yeah, I always got the logic with the luggage and upright seat. What's with needing to have the window blinds open on take-off and landing though? That one confuses me.
0. i've got shorter legs than you, but yeah, i don't get passed often when at full speed

1. sooooooo bad for your battery!

2.

3. the blinds...maybe what ian said, but yeah, it's annoying, and it pisses me off when i get woken up to open a blind and then the sun is bright so i can't get back to sleep. i love white noise on planes, and sleeping on planes.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #568
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Oh, and as a result of the trip i have a great place for a future thread to go to.
where!
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


where!
I don't know if i should divulge that information yet.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 AM   #570
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:29 AM
I CAN'T STAND THIS FUCKING COMPUTER SOMETIMES
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com