Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
I'm just more about finding modern bands that I like than old bands to buy up.
yeah, it's just hard for me since i don't like listening to the radio. and the local music scene here sucks and no one comes here to play, so it's not like i can get introduced to a lot of bands that way.

like most bands i see i have to travel out of town for, no lie. so i can't just see bands on a whim, and i better make sure i like them. needless to say, i use up my vacation time pretty quickly

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, it's just hard for me since i don't like listening to the radio. and the local music scene here sucks and no one comes here to play, so it's not like i can get introduced to a lot of bands that way.

like most bands i see i have to travel out of town for, no lie. so i can't just see bands on a whim, and i better make sure i like them. needless to say, i use up my vacation time pretty quickly

I don't listen to the radio either. And the local scene here is dried up at the moment. I find out about a lot of bands through myspace, by listening to songs from the bands that are in the top friends list of bands that I like. For instance, that's how I found out about bands from my playlist like The Listening, Brothers Martin (also because the co-singer/guitarist/drummer is from Staflyer 59--my favourite band--but I didn't know the project existed until I noticed it on myspace), The Foxglove Hunt, Luna Halo, Fine China, Editors, the Cinematics, MuteMath, Rock Kills Kid, and Hard-Fi.

the tourist said:
I don't listen to the radio either. And the local scene here is dried up at the moment. I find out about a lot of bands through myspace, by listening to songs from the bands that are in the top friends list of bands that I like. For instance, that's how I found out about bands from my playlist like The Listening, Brothers Martin (also because the co-singer/guitarist/drummer is from Staflyer 59--my favourite band--but I didn't know the project existed until I noticed it on myspace), The Foxglove Hunt, Luna Halo, Fine China, Editors, the Cinematics, MuteMath, Rock Kills Kid, and Hard-Fi.
well fine then! :mad:

Airbag's reminds me of what you'd get if you crossed U2, Pink Floyd, and Porcupine Tree.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah that is pretty cool. i have some bands on my myspace, but not a ton.

They don't play music I like on the radio anyway. Even the poppy stuff. Well, every once in awhile Arctic Monkeys or MuteMath get played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom