Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

that's what i kinda tried doing this time! i guess i succeeded a little because i've gotten further this time than i have any other time, even if i lose in this round against pfan. but now that i've had a taste of success, i reeeeeally hope i at least win this round too.

I think I'm doing alright for the first time I've played. But yeah, your list is good. It's waaaaay 80s. :tongue:

the tourist said:
Hahaha, yeah. I think I'll probably just not use anything poppy next round. I'll have an epic portion/classic rock portion/more new wave&shoegaze. But probably not the same format or anything. I heard people get pissy if you use the same format twice. So I shouldn't probably go with the vinyl again.
yeah. i don't know what to do. i got accused of not being diverse enough. i'm not gonna say it was unwarranted, i mean i think phanan said it, and him of all people isn't going to talk out of his ass when giving criticism. but i mean...i'm giving people an idea of what i listen to, it's not my fault if i don't listen to 5000 different artists. and i don't want to cover ten genres in one playlist and risk it being too jarring. i dunno, if i were able to come up with more diverse music, i'd just have to see if i could make it work.

So, my girlfriend is at day 2 of the tryouts for being a Seagal. A Seagal, as I assume none of you know, is what we call the cheerleaders for the Seattle Seahawks football team. She passed the first round of tryouts yesterday and today is round 2.

the tourist said:
I think I'm doing alright for the first time I've played. But yeah, your list is good. It's waaaaay 80s. :tongue:
thanks :cute: yeah, i will admit it's very 80s. i'm sure if you went decade for decade, i probably have more 80s music than anything else.

the tourist said:
So, my girlfriend is at day 2 of the tryouts for being a Seagal. A Seagal, as I assume none of you know, is what we call the cheerleaders for the Seattle Seahawks football team. She passed the first round of tryouts yesterday and today is round 2.
from what i can see from your facebook, she's hot. i think she'd make an awesome seahawk :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. i don't know what to do. i got accused of not being diverse enough. i'm not gonna say it was unwarranted, i mean i think phanan said it, and him of all people isn't going to talk out of his ass when giving criticism. but i mean...i'm giving people an idea of what i listen to, it's not my fault if i don't listen to 5000 different artists. and i don't want to cover ten genres in one playlist and risk it being too jarring. i dunno, if i were able to come up with more diverse music, i'd just have to see if i could make it work.

No, I agree with you. And yeah, I like the critiques Phanan's given me--he's also one of the ones who disliked my Soda section (my girlfriend's favourite part :lol: ). But yeah, I guess if one was to truly be diverse, one would have 30 songs with 30 different genres. All genres included. Jazz, doo-wop, classical, pop, rock, rap, country, metal, progressive, new wave, indie, electronica, U2, experimental, classic rock, rockibilly, etc.

KhanadaRhodes said:

thanks :cute: yeah, i will admit it's very 80s. i'm sure if you went decade for decade, i probably have more 80s music than anything else.

I have 1 80s song on my list.

EDIT: everything else is 00's

KhanadaRhodes said:

from what i can see from your facebook, she's hot. i think she'd make an awesome seahawk :drool:

She really is hot. I'm a very lucky boy.

the tourist said:
No, I agree with you. And yeah, I like the critiques Phanan's given me--he's also one of the ones who disliked my Soda section (my girlfriend's favourite part :lol: ). But yeah, I guess if one was to truly be diverse, one would have 30 songs with 30 different genres. All genres included. Jazz, doo-wop, classical, pop, rock, rap, country, metal, progressive, new wave, indie, electronica, U2, experimental, classic rock, rockibilly, etc.
yeah, out of everyone's critiques, phanan's is the ones i'd take closest to heart and see how i could do better next time. awww, and i liked the soda section best too! and i agree, that would be the best way to be diverse. but lol, U2 as its own genre? that's funny.

the tourist said:

wow congrats to her

that would make me feel super insecure, to date someone that universally recognized as that hot

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, out of everyone's critiques, phanan's is the ones i'd take closest to heart and see how i could do better next time. awww, and i liked the soda section best too! and i agree, that would be the best way to be diverse. but lol, U2 as its own genre? that's funny.

Well this is fucking interference isn't it? Gotta have a U2 song in there, right? I almost left them out because they didn't fit. My personal favourite part of my own list was the Shoes section. I love the neo-new wave stuff.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i had 4 70s songs, 15 80s songs, 7 90s songs, and 6 00s songs. :sad:

I'm just more about finding modern bands that I like than old bands to buy up.

the tourist said:
Well this is fucking interference isn't it? Gotta have a U2 song in there, right? I almost left them out because they didn't fit. My personal favourite part of my own list was the Shoes section. I love the neo-new wave stuff.
lol, you missed the one competition where people basically said "i'm voting for so-and-so because the other person didn't use U2!"

wtf

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol, you missed the one competition where people basically said "i'm voting for so-and-so because the other person didn't use U2!"

wtf

:censored:

What a kunstmuseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom