Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

sweet!!! are you celebrating the weekend too? or just today?

nah just today

my parents sent me flowers. i usually dont like flowers but they're really pretty and smell great. and i'll get presents when i get home so i dont have to bring them home from school with all my other too-much-shit

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, that's pretty lame. i just don't think that's good parenting to treat one kid differently or play favourites or whatever. :shrug: oh well, all you can do unfortunately is vow to not be like your parents.

Sadly, most people become their parents no matter the vows.

the tourist said:
Yeah. Lots of factors. Not just once. And I hate complaining about it, but it's kind of irritating as my artists are highly unknown. That said, I shouldn't complain as I've won both my rounds so far. But I'll definitely lose to AtomicBono. She's got my group locked up.
:yes: i agree. and yeah, i hadn't heard of most of your people, but i ended up liking your list. i don't get the whole unknown factor, this is a way to discover new artists! and i thought that was the original point of this game?

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, that's pretty lame. i just don't think that's good parenting to treat one kid differently or play favourites or whatever. :shrug: oh well, all you can do unfortunately is vow to not be like your parents.

:lol: i don't want to have kids so i think im on the right track haha!

Varitek said:

well there's buffalo style hot sauce in the dining facilite.s once there was hot sauce but somoene took it. anyway i to.d my friends whoever goes tot he grocery store should buy me some. i tried to get some at target a few weeks ago but they didnt have any.

that is crazy. i think if i was in an environment that was not hot sauce accessible i'd run around screaming until i arrived at a place that was.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: i agree. and yeah, i hadn't heard of most of your people, but i ended up liking your list. i don't get the whole unknown factor, this is a way to discover new artists! and i thought that was the original point of this game?

I think it is, personally. I've discovered something, though--it's very hard to make a list that is universally likable. I made a list I thought would grab people's attention by having 3 different highly concentrated styles on it, so I'd play to everyone. But it seems like everyone dislikes the superpoppy stuff.

the tourist said:
Sadly, most people become their parents no matter the vows.
lol i know, i thought about adding that bit at the end of my thing because EVERYONE says they won't be their parents, but everyone does.

me, if i became my mom, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. and that's how it should be, those are the two best ones i think.

They're both very good. I, of course, think my own should win, though. :wink:

Varitek said:

nah just today

my parents sent me flowers. i usually dont like flowers but they're really pretty and smell great. and i'll get presents when i get home so i dont have to bring them home from school with all my other too-much-shit

aww that's sweet! oh did that family freakin call you back already?

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol i know, i thought about adding that bit at the end of my thing because EVERYONE says they won't be their parents, but everyone does.

me, if i became my mom, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Same with me and my parents. Actually, I don't want to be all that different from them. I actually like my parents. :shrug:

the tourist said:
I think it is, personally. I've discovered something, though--it's very hard to make a list that is universally likable. I made a list I thought would grab people's attention by having 3 different highly concentrated styles on it, so I'd play to everyone. But it seems like everyone dislikes the superpoppy stuff.
exactly. damned if you do, damned if you don't. you use poppy stuff and you lose votes with the indie crowd (hello, look at the people criticizing my list). you make it too indie, and you get people going "lol i dont no ane1 on teh list so i voted for the other person lolz!!!"

unico said:

aww that's sweet! oh did that family freakin call you back already?

i talked to them friday and then was supposed tpo again on sunday and they didnt call. but it went well, i think they're gonna offer, i talked to the father and he's cool (and saw u2 in the 80s!) but i jsut need to know for sure

KhanadaRhodes said:

exactly. damned if you do, damned if you don't. you use poppy stuff and you lose votes with the indie crowd (hello, look at the people criticizing my list). you make it too indie, and you get people going "lol i dont no ane1 on teh list so i voted for the other person lolz!!!"

Yeah, totally. So this round was my attempt at playing to all sides of the crowd while still remaining true to myself.

Varitek said:

i talked to them friday and then was supposed tpo again on sunday and they didnt call. but it went well, i think they're gonna offer, i talked to the father and he's cool (and saw u2 in the 80s!) but i jsut need to know for sure

awesome!!! you can't go wrong with a u2 fan. hopefully they will offer soon.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: exactly. i'd love it if mine won, but i know that's incredibly wishful thinking :wink:

Someday I'll play to the crowd for real and let my own tastes go. Just to try to win.

i really don't know how i could be more indie. i just don't listen to that kind of music. there's a couple bands i like that few people on here have heard of, but just a couple bands. that's it. and everyone familiar with the desert island thing has heard of them now because i always include them :lol:

I'm listening to this band Phanan turned me toward called Airbag. They're really good, actually.

the tourist said:
Someday I'll play to the crowd for real and let my own tastes go. Just to try to win.
that's what i kinda tried doing this time! i guess i succeeded a little because i've gotten further this time than i have any other time, even if i lose in this round against pfan. but now that i've had a taste of success, i reeeeeally hope i at least win this round too.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i really don't know how i could be more indie. i just don't listen to that kind of music. there's a couple bands i like that few people on here have heard of, but just a couple bands. that's it. and everyone familiar with the desert island thing has heard of them now because i always include them :lol:

Hahaha, yeah. I think I'll probably just not use anything poppy next round. I'll have an epic portion/classic rock portion/more new wave&shoegaze. But probably not the same format or anything. I heard people get pissy if you use the same format twice. So I shouldn't probably go with the vinyl again.

Screwtape2 said:

What are you talking about? If you beat me you have a real shot at the semi's. Who knows what will happen then. Don't count either of us out just yet. :wink:

She's not going to beat you, though.

Screwtape2 said:
What are you talking about? If you beat me you have a real shot at the semi's. Who knows what will happen then. Don't count either of us out just yet. :wink:
i dunno, i just doubt i'd make it that far. i'd love to of course, i mean who doesn't participate in these things wanting to win? but there's so many people voting that really don't like my list, like i don't think they'd vote for me no matter who i was up against. so i don't think i have a real shot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom