Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
i've moved back in with my parents for the next 1.5 weeks. they don't approve of that sort of thing and like to tell me so, regardless of my age. so, i just try to respect their rules in their house. this weekend though, all hell will break loose.
wtf. i know all parents are different, but mine don't care. i mean it's not like i had no restrictions growing up or anything, it was quite the opposite, but they don't care what i do now that i'm a legal adult.

unico said:

i've moved back in with my parents for the next 1.5 weeks. they don't approve of that sort of thing and like to tell me so, regardless of my age. so, i just try to respect their rules in their house. this weekend though, all hell will break loose.

My parents don't care, as long as I'm not, like noticeably drunk.

KhanadaRhodes said:

wtf. i know all parents are different, but mine don't care. i mean it's not like i had no restrictions growing up or anything, it was quite the opposite, but they don't care what i do now that i'm a legal adult.

EXACTLY! The worse thing is, they let my brother drink all he wants. But as soon as they see a bottle in my hand they're all up in mah grill.

unico said:

:hi5: how was the birthday festivities other than a shite waitress?

good! and in 50 mintues i'm having a bigger gathering (diner wa sjust 5 of us) for ice cream cake.

then i'm dragging the boyfriend over...again!

KhanadaRhodes said:

:heart:

this is no slight against pfan because i do love his list and everything, but some people's reasoning suck :grumpy:

I haven't read the thread. But I know not everyone is listening to the playlists who are voting. My playlist has been downloaded only 12 times (once by me, to see if it worked). That makes 11. Therefore, at leas 5 people in each of my rounds has voted without listening to mine.

that sucks mia\! mine have baiscallya lways thought it was better for me to learn to drink and for it not to be forbidden, and then when i started college they've let me do whatever the hell i want, so it;s cool. my mom even bought tomato juice in january when i wanted bloddy marries. but id dint make them and i still have a craving for them, i just have no tabasco at school!`

unico said:
EXACTLY! The worse thing is, they let my brother drink all he wants. But as soon as they see a bottle in my hand they're all up in mah grill.
that's even worse! i hate hypocrisy! i'm an only child (well i have a half sister but that's another story) so i don't have that luckily. if i have kids i will do whatever i can to make sure i don't do that.

Screwtape2 said:

And your lead is back. :wink:

That would make it a tie if it's 9-8. Because PFan's vote isn't factored into the poll. His will be added in later, I believe.

Varitek said:
that sucks mia\! mine have baiscallya lways thought it was better for me to learn to drink and for it not to be forbidden, and then when i started college they've let me do whatever the hell i want, so it;s cool. my mom even bought tomato juice in january when i wanted bloddy marries. but id dint make them and i still have a craving for them, i just have no tabasco at school!`

wtf no tabasco??? your school just lost major cool points.

your parents are smart. mine are stuck in 1950.

the tourist said:
I haven't read the thread. But I know not everyone is listening to the playlists who are voting. My playlist has been downloaded only 12 times (once by me, to see if it worked). That makes 11. Therefore, at leas 5 people in each of my rounds has voted without listening to mine.
that's just lame. i try not to stress about it, and i really don't think about it past the times i've whined about it in here. but as we've all said, i wish we could limit voting to only people who've listened. and to people who aren't just gonna vote based on "well this one's got the nelly song so i likes it!!" or whatever. or the exact opposite. some people i'm voting for because i like their concept better, not necessarily because i like their songs better.

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's even worse! i hate hypocrisy! i'm an only child (well i have a half sister but that's another story) so i don't have that luckily. if i have kids i will do whatever i can to make sure i don't do that.

exactly. i don't get the point of treating us differently. though i guess some of it i brought on myself. he is just like them, so the 3 of them get along great. i've always felt alienated because i was different in temperament and i had a very different perception of life than they do. meh. :shrug: enough about my toxic family life, more about Varitek being intoxicated :vicarious:

the tourist said:
That would make it a tie if it's 9-8. Because PFan's vote isn't factored into the poll. His will be added in later, I believe.
FUCK i forgot about that. so i was really losing when i looked since it was a tie. damnit. i don't know why i give a damn, i'm gonna lose eventually anyway. that's not me being a pessimist, i just know not everyone likes it so inevitably, it's gonna go against someone who's got a better list than me. maybe pfan is the one to do me in :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's just lame. i try not to stress about it, and i really don't think about it past the times i've whined about it in here. but as we've all said, i wish we could limit voting to only people who've listened. and to people who aren't just gonna vote based on "well this one's got the nelly song so i likes it!!" or whatever. or the exact opposite. some people i'm voting for because i like their concept better, not necessarily because i like their songs better.

Yeah. Lots of factors. Not just once. And I hate complaining about it, but it's kind of irritating as my artists are highly unknown. That said, I shouldn't complain as I've won both my rounds so far. But I'll definitely lose to AtomicBono. She's got my group locked up.

KhanadaRhodes said:

FUCK i forgot about that. so i was really losing when i looked since it was a tie. damnit. i don't know why i give a damn, i'm gonna lose eventually anyway. that's not me being a pessimist, i just know not everyone likes it so inevitably, it's gonna go against someone who's got a better list than me. maybe pfan is the one to do me in :hmm:

The endmatch will probably be Pla/TRE vs. Phanan.

unico said:

exactly. i don't get the point of treating us differently. though i guess some of it i brought on myself. he is just like them, so the 3 of them get along great. i've always felt alienated because i was different in temperament and i had a very different perception of life than they do. meh. :shrug: enough about my toxic family life, more about Varitek being intoxicated :vicarious:

lol

waiting for my amaretto tea to cool

unico said:
exactly. i don't get the point of treating us differently. though i guess some of it i brought on myself. he is just like them, so the 3 of them get along great. i've always felt alienated because i was different in temperament and i had a very different perception of life than they do. meh. :shrug:
yeah, that's pretty lame. i just don't think that's good parenting to treat one kid differently or play favourites or whatever. :shrug: oh well, all you can do unfortunately is vow to not be like your parents.

unico said:

wtf no tabasco??? your school just lost major cool points.

your parents are smart. mine are stuck in 1950.

well there's buffalo style hot sauce in the dining facilite.s once there was hot sauce but somoene took it. anyway i to.d my friends whoever goes tot he grocery store should buy me some. i tried to get some at target a few weeks ago but they didnt have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom