Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
i hope you werent rocking out and writing a set list at the same time were you ax?

:tsk: :tsk:

Setlist notation has gone high-tech! I noted it down on my mobile phone the first night, then on the second and third memorised the changes to the set as there weren't many.

Axver said:
Also, a PS for phanan, when he turns up: I made a mistake in my Sydney setlist. Nil Recurring didn't open the encore; Mother And Child Divided did! Buggered if I know why I wrote Nil Recurring ...

Ooh, even better. I like that song.

I think I saw a recording for one of the gigs show up somewhere, but damn if I can remember where now.

phanan said:

Ooh, even better. I like that song.

I think I saw a recording for one of the gigs show up somewhere, but damn if I can remember where now.

Yeah, I prefer Mother And Child Divided too, so don't ask why I wrote Nil Recurring! Exhaustion causes weird things to happen, I suppose.

Incidentally, do you have an MP3 of the studio version of Mother And Child Divided? I only know it from the Arriving Somewhere DVD ...

Ugh I just finished watching Prom Night...that movie was made of Suck and Lose, and all things that are NOT win and pwn

bono_212 said:
Ugh I just finished watching Prom Night...that movie was made of Suck and Lose, and all things that are NOT win and pwn

With a title like that, I can't say I'm surprised.

The worst thing is that...I SHOULD have known better! Ireally should have. But for some inexplicable reason, I ACTUALLY had some hope for this movie!

WHYYYYYYY?! :scream: All I got was a pg-13 cheese fest...there wasnt even really blood, not that I'm a gore hound or anything, but at the very least! Not even sex...not that i was looking for that either. All I'm saying is, if It's going to be a really crappy movie, at least include a little gore and sex.

You had hope for it? :tsk: Just judging by what I see in ads and so forth, the big mainstream movies at the moment look like absolute crap, and I haven't the motivation to look elsewhere for worthwhile cinema so I don't see anything. I have my books and music.

I really don't know why. There was just something about it that seemed like it COULD have been something good.

It just reminded me of When a Stranger Calls...all over again :shudder: what a horribly offense that was to all the senses.

*watches Reign Over Me* hopefully this is a much better film.

bono_212 said:
It just reminded me of When a Stranger Calls...all over again :shudder: what a horribly offense that was to all the senses.

I must admit, the first thing that came to mind for me here was a scene The Chaser did, an ad for "When A Telemarketer Calls". Great stuff. But almost totally off-topic!

*watches Reign Over Me* hopefully this is a much better film.

I haven't heard of that one ...

It's the one with Don Cheadle *Sp?* and Adam Sandler that came out a year or two ago. Adam Sandler lost his wife (and child?) during September 11th attacks, and now he's kind of out of it in 2005/6/7 whenever it is that the movie takes place. Don Cheadle is an old friend of his and they meet up and become friends, and It's all heartwarming and stuff, and that was pretty much the worst discription ever, but I haven't slept and I haven't seen the movie yet :lol:

:lol:

Adam Sandler, though? That doesn't bode well for the film's quality ...

It's SUPPOSED to be really good, and his chracter copes with the loss through music, so that kind of kicks it up a couple notches, especially since I hear theres a lot of bruce springsteen music involved :reject:

I ahte the spoons at school..To be eco friendly they're made out of potatoes. I wish I was kidding

bono_212 said:
It's SUPPOSED to be really good, and his chracter copes with the loss through music, so that kind of kicks it up a couple notches, especially since I hear theres a lot of bruce springsteen music involved :reject:

I think that part of the thing for me is that it would be hard to take it seriously just because it's him, and I'd be waiting for something mindlessly goofy or stupid to happen.

I ahte the spoons at school..To be eco friendly they're made out of potatoes. I wish I was kidding

... what?! I am having a really hard time imagining how the hell that works ...

On a dare i bit off one of the fork...things...what are those called? Anywyas, I bit it off, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be that I smacked my teeth together really hard, and that really hurt...

Stupid potato fork

Well the first part of the dare was just to simply find out if, upon chewing it, the spudware actually tasted anything like potatoes...because based on simply eating off of it/liking it...it TOTALLY doesn't...I can't express the disgusting taste I've had to put up with all school year. So no, I didn't have to eat it...just chew on it for a bit.

Could you not just bring your own cutlery rather than having to use that stuff?

I have plasticwear in my room (I know, I kill the baby seals :sigh: ), but if I eat in the cafeteria I usually forget, and I have no plastic spoons, and I was eating cereal, so my forks weren't doing it for me, and the spudware was necesassary. That are commit grand theft silverware.

1. ax, adam sandler has been making decent-to-good serious movies for a few years. it is hard to get used to the idea though.

2. wtf? potato silverware? and your dining hall uses it regularly? probably contributing to the 3rd world food shortage... and that's disgusting. we just have real silverware.

It's supposed to be eco friendly since it's biodegradable and what have you. All it is to me is eck. We also have silverware options, but you can't take them out fo the cafeteria, and I didn't want to eat a bowl of cereal in there :shifty:

bono_212 said:
I have plasticwear in my room (I know, I kill the baby seals :sigh: ), but if I eat in the cafeteria I usually forget, and I have no plastic spoons, and I was eating cereal, so my forks weren't doing it for me, and the spudware was necesassary. That are commit grand theft silverware.

Ick, plastic cutlery is barely better, though. I wouldn't use anything other than proper silverware. I like cutlery that is hard for me to mangle (though I have managed to put bends in a couple of my spoons and forks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom