Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

3. the blinds...maybe what ian said, but yeah, it's annoying, and it pisses me off when i get woken up to open a blind and then the sun is bright so i can't get back to sleep. i love white noise on planes, and sleeping on planes.

I love sleeping on planes and general plane noise. I don't get how people complain so bitterly about flying and sleeping on a plane.

coolian2 said:

I love sleeping on planes and general plane noise. I don't get how people complain so bitterly about flying and sleeping on a plane.

i do understand that the upright sleeping position for those of us plebians who can't afford first class is uncomfortable and strains the neck. i love empty flights where i can lie down, and also brief flights like here to home where the 40 minute nap is welcome and doesn't do lasting damage to my neck. but yes, i love the noise.

Varitek said:

i do understand that the upright sleeping position for those of us plebians who can't afford first class is uncomfortable and strains the neck. i love empty flights where i can lie down, and also brief flights like here to home where the 40 minute nap is welcome and doesn't do lasting damage to my neck. but yes, i love the noise.

I can sleep upright - i don't do it often though. But especially with a window seat, i don't mind leaning up against the way and sleeping. It's scary how comfortable it is.

Empty flights are made of awesome. My last trip only on one flight did i have a person next to me, other times it was at least one empty seat and on one occasion i was lucky enough to have two. They were all short flights so there was no point lying down, but it was nice to be able to spread all of my stuff around.

I also find the movement soothing.

Hey everyone, sort of here. We're having a family dinner and I'm just transferring photos from my iPod onto my mother's laptop while food cooks.

At least this laptop has a better keyboard than the one I was using earlier at my Nan's place.

Axver said:
Hey everyone, sort of here. We're having a family dinner and I'm just transferring photos from my iPod onto my mother's laptop while food cooks.

At least this laptop has a better keyboard than the one I was using earlier at my Nan's place.

What are you guys having tonight?

coolian2 said:

What are you guys having tonight?

The centre of my attention has been the chicken and potatoes that are currently roasting. :drool:

coolian2 said:

Right now, I hate flying, but that's due to the headaches I get on landing. Should be having a CT scan to identify the problem when I get back to Melbourne, but I'm not looking forward to the flight tomorrow. I would take a train home, but that would involve a night's stopover in Sydney.

I've never been a fan of sleeping on planes, but that should be qualified by saying that I rarely find it easy anywhere that is not my own bed. Plane white noise is fine though. I almost don't notice it.

mysterious_jen said:
hey ax! been quiet without you , hows the pT pilgimage? met them yet?

hows QLD? its cold as FUCK here today.

PT pilgrimage fucking owned. Best weekend of my life. I was front row at all three shows. Didn't try to meet the band or anything. Closest I got to interaction was last night, when Steven Wilson and I were pointing at each other during Hatesong and singing the "and I'm more cut up than you" line.

QLD is too fucking hot, it's like summer. I hate it and I'm so fucking jealous of you people with realistic late April weather. Better be just as cold when I get back tomorrow.

Axver said:

PT pilgrimage fucking owned. Best weekend of my life. I was front row at all three shows. Didn't try to meet the band or anything. Closest I got to interaction was last night, when Steven Wilson and I were pointing at each other during Hatesong and singing the "and I'm more cut up than you" line.

QLD is too fucking hot, it's like summer. I hate it and I'm so fucking jealous of you people with realistic late April weather. Better be just as cold when I get back tomorrow.

glad you are having an awesome time !

i am sure it will still be cold when you get back . :crack:

OK, more family's arrived and dinner should be approaching readiness. I think any further posting from me will be pretty scarce. Keep the thread alive, folks. :wave:

Also, a PS for phanan, when he turns up: I made a mistake in my Sydney setlist. Nil Recurring didn't open the encore; Mother And Child Divided did! Buggered if I know why I wrote Nil Recurring ...

Axver said:

*packs bags for Queensland*

*needs freezing-butt-off smiley*

Yes, I know we've got it easy here in terms of winters... but I still don't have to like it :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom