Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a shop and we have to have music on all day, Luckily we can choose our own but it has to be pretty mainstream. Unless I take things like U2 or the Cure or INXS or something resembling decent then we end up with Pussycat Dolls and Michael Buble all day:mad:

I'm making yet ANOTHER playlist just for the funk of it. 18 of 20 artists I picked for the first half weren't on any of my previous lists, and probably like 10 out of 17 for the second half.

Ladies, gentlemen, and assorted porcupine trees, bushes, and shrubberies, I have just one thing to say to you.

I have been to three Porcupine Tree shows. I have been front row at three Porcupine Tree shows. THREE OUTTA FUCKING THREE.

HOLY GOD, PEOPLE. WHAT A WEEKEND.

Three of the best days ever. Oh wow. The Brisbane show that I just got back from was the best. I'm on the Gold Coast now; heading back to Melbourne on Tuesday.

I repeat, woooowwww. The three best concerts I've ever seen. The Brisbane gig is #1. I'm still just in awe. The crowd were fuckin' drowning the band out during Trains and Halo!

Oh yeah, I'm the setlist chap, so it would be pretty slack of me if I did not share the setlists! I know I posted Melbourne's earlier, but I'll put it here for comparison purposes. They're all rather similar - after all, these are three isolated shows tour-schedule-wise in a part of the word they've never even been near, so I'm not surprised the band stuck to similar stuff.

2007-04-25, Melbourne

1. Fear Of A Blank Planet
2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound Of Muzak
4. Lazarus
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Hatesong - Steven Wilson gets earpiece stuck in ear canal
9. A Smart Kid
10. Blackest Eyes
11. Way Out Of Here
12. Sleep Together

13. Trains
14. Halo

2007-04-26, Sydney

Soundcheck: Included Way Out Of Here twice, Sleep Together, and Fear Of A Blank Planet.

2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound Of Muzak
4. Lazarus
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Hatesong
9. A Smart Kid
10. Blackest Eyes
11. Way Out Of Here
12. Sleep Together

13. Nil Recurring
14. Trains
15. Halo

2007-04-27, Brisbane

Soundcheck: Way Out Of Here, Sleep Together, Even Less, Sentimental, Way Out Of Here again, Sentimental again, Fear Of A Blank Planet

2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound Of Muzak
4. Sentimental
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Hatesong
9. Even Less
10. Blackest Eyes
11. Way Out Of Here
12. Sleep Together

13. Trains
14. Halo

EVEN FUCKING LESS. That alone made going to Brisbane worth it.

Nice - Even Less. That alone makes the Brisbane set look the best, despite Sydney having an extra song there with Nil Recurring.

Apparently they'll be doing a short tour around England later this year to film a DVD and wrap up Fear Of A Blank Planet.

Despite Sydney having an extra song, all three shows were roughly the same runtime, within a couple of minutes of each other. Melbourne was obviously mucked up with SW having the earpiece removed from his ear canal, and Even Less is longer than A Smart Kid. Tomorrow I'm going to check PT forums to see if anything got cut from Melbourne's set.

And I heard about that short European tour - should be pretty cool. I'm glad they have decided to do a DVD after all, as word last year was that they intended only to do a live album. But I guess with We Lost The Skyline out, it makes more sense to do a proper DVD rather than just another live release.

Anyway, I must sleep. I am so exhausted. Can't believe you folk have only advanced about 280 posts in my absence. Weak. Hope to see more on the board when I turn up sometime tomorrow. :wave:

Axver said:
Can't believe you folk have only advanced about 280 posts in my absence. Weak. Hope to see more on the board when I turn up sometime tomorrow. :wave:

Look at how disappointed Axver is in us! :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom