Jamaica Inn, Cornwall, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On another random note of the severe oversharing kind, I went shopping today and found out that the legendary typing bobos are a cup size bigger than I thought. So now I have comfortable bras and happy bobos.

...ohai, Vlad...:shifty:

Also, let it be noted that my crackberry does not try to auto-correct 'bobos'. :reject:

How do you double-post from a crackberry? I mean, really.

Is he a glorious science leader, though?

Yeah, we're forbidden to talk in class. :( He's funny in the sense of his frequent use of the phrase "Is that clear?". EVERY MINUTE he uses it.

A stoner bogan (presumably) in the class called him a 'gook', last week I think it was.

Telling Brian his music reminds me of The Velvet Underground was a compliment to him. I left out the part where I thought the lyrics were wangsty.

You either don't say anything or you go the whole way, I'd say. :wink:

On another random note of the severe oversharing kind, I went shopping today and found out that the legendary typing bobos are a cup size bigger than I thought. So now I have comfortable bras and happy bobos.

Also, let it be noted that my crackberry does not try to auto-correct 'bobos'. :reject:

I'm still at a loss as to how you typed with the legendary bobos. :laugh:

Yeah, we're forbidden to talk in class. :( He's funny in the sense of his frequent use of the phrase "Is that clear?". EVERY MINUTE he uses it.

A stoner bogan (presumably) in the class called him a 'gook', last week I think it was.

I had a German maths teacher who sounds rather similar. Alas, he didn't look like any authoritarian political figure.

He somehow managed to suck all the fun and life out of mathematics. Given maths has no fun or life in the first place, I'm not quite sure how this is possible, but he did it. On rare occasions, we got him talking about his childhood in Germany and those lessons were actually quite enjoyable ... not that, you know, they had anything to do with maths.

His wife was the German teacher, and could not have been any less like him. I wasn't too shocked when I heard that they divorced not long after I graduated.

Three shots of vodka can do many wonders.

More shot vodkas for glorious Motherland!

I had a German maths teacher who sounds rather similar. Alas, he didn't look like any authoritarian political figure.

He somehow managed to suck all the fun and life out of mathematics. Given maths has no fun or life in the first place, I'm not quite sure how this is possible, but he did it. On rare occasions, we got him talking about his childhood in Germany and those lessons were actually quite enjoyable ... not that, you know, they had anything to do with maths.

His wife was the German teacher, and could not have been any less like him. I wasn't too shocked when I heard that they divorced not long after I graduated.

On the topic of teachers, my Maths teacher (awesome guy) used to be a bus driver in the USSR! It took me a while to believe him but I did.

He tells me that I need a balalaika. Which I do.

On the topic of teachers, my Maths teacher (awesome guy) used to be a bus driver in the USSR! It took me a while to believe him but I did.

He tells me that I need a balalaika. Which I do.

Haha, no way, that's amazing. Which part of the USSR, do you know?

And yes, yes, you need a balalaika. Get onto that.

Haha, no way, that's amazing. Which part of the USSR, do you know?

And yes, yes, you need a balalaika. Get onto that.

I don't know for sure, but definitely around the east, Moscow and all. He told me that he used to wear a cowboy hat on his trips and all the locals were interested in his "western" wear. :D He's such an awesome teacher.

I wish I had one too, and one of those hats. Plus I want to drink some kvass (bread drink), it wasn't available at the Russian store. :grumpy:

I will hold a truly fantastic party. Chocolate for all!

*flies to wherever U2 is and gives them all amnesia... then convinces them they're actually Russian Circles. Bono can be the roadie.*

Telling Brian his music reminds me of The Velvet Underground was a compliment to him. I left out the part where I thought the lyrics were wangsty.

Very diplomatic of you! :up:

It has learned its lesson well... *L*

Do comfortable bobos type more or less than uncomfortable ones?

Doesn't everyone need a balalaika? That or a theremin.

My dad's regret about when he visited Russia was that he didn't get one of those fur hats. That and he apparently ate so much cucumber that it put him off for the rest of his life.

Doesn't everyone need a balalaika? That or a theremin.

My dad's regret about when he visited Russia was that he didn't get one of those fur hats. That and he apparently ate so much cucumber that it put him off for the rest of his life.

:laugh:

Cucumber does taste good, soooo juicy ... :drool:

Huh, according to my innacurate Join Date, it's my 10 year anniversary on blue crack this month. Which really means it's been like 11 or so.

Wow.

Also, it's my five year anniversary at work this year... even scarier.

What's even scarier than THAT, though, is the fact that July is practically over. Where has the year gone?? :scream:

Well, the All Blacks just kicked the shit out of the Wallabies, 49-28. Both teams were the victim of the ref being very quick on the yellow card for penalties that weren't there, Australia moreso, but in the end, the All Blacks just completely outclassed the Wallabies. Not sure Australia won a single All Blacks kick-off, which was just staggering.

Honestly, I don't think the Wallabies would've even passed the 20 mark if they hadn't had Drew Mitchell red carded (for his second yellow card offence), as their frustration with the ref seemed to fire them up and they only really kicked into life then.

I don't know; the Wallabies weren't looking bad heading into the game and I was expecting it to be closer - especially after they got the first try. But the All Blacks were just so quick to reply, piling on the points.

Then the ref ... well fuck, he left both Charlotte and I speechless. He yellow-carded an All Black for a perfectly legal tackle (it was poorly timed, but by no means the shoulder charge it was alleged to be), and then when he sent off Drew Mitchell for the first time ... I actually have no idea what Mitchell did to deserve it, and the look on the faces of the Wallabies was priceless. Mitchell's second offence did deserve a yellow card, and by default it had to be upgraded to a red, but he never should've had the first yellow against his record.

I loved it when, late in the second half, one of the touch judges spotted an offence, but seemed to dither and couldn't give the number of the player who committed the offence with any certainty. Had he known the number, the ref would've given a card where it was totally unjustified - I'm pretty sure the touch judge DID know the number but didn't believe it was a cardable offence, hence his dithering so that the ref didn't have enough grounds on which to card the player.

Who would have thought losing a player would improve their game... *L*

Oh man, the Wallabies seemed so close to losing their shit with the ref. The expression on the face of Rocky Elsom, the captain ... I was waiting for him to lose his cool entirely and punch the ref in the face! I think the red carding just motivated them to prove a point ... though there is also the fact that the All Blacks had the game won by this point and weren't defending as comprehensively or desperately, in order to avoid the risk of injuries (though it was still one hell of a ferocious defence).

Even with the cardings, it was one of the most entertaining games I've seen in a good while. Total of ten tries were scored, 7 to New Zealand and 3 to Australia.

As for the local incarnation of football, did you see the Hawks today?

It's funny. About a month ago, everybody was wondering if the All Blacks were any good at all, and expecting us to run a paltry second to South Africa in the Tri-Nations. Now, South Africa, for all their promise, are a dismal last in the tournament and the All Blacks are devastating everybody they play.

There's a gushing review of tonight's game already on Stuff.co.nz that describes the All Blacks as "remain[ing] perfect", amongst other over-the-top praise. How quickly we forget. I don't like it. I was hoping that we wouldn't head into next year's World Cup as favourites; I wanted the Springboks rather than us to have the weight of expectation for a change. Now, of course, we're hyping it all up. Let's not have more of this pride-before-a-fall nonsense that has dogged us for the last few Cups ...

Oh, and fun fact: if Richmond and West Coast both win tomorrow, BRISBANE will be at the bottom of the ladder.

God, that'd be funny.

Not sure how my mother'll take it though ... :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom