Jack White (White Stripes) & Wife Have Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Detroit rocker Jack White, wife have a daughter

May 3, 2006

By JOHN SMYNTEK

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
Jack White of the White Stripes rock group is a father.

Associates of White's Detroit-based family told the Free Press Wednesday that White's model/wife Karen Elson gave birth to a girl, their first child, in their new home state of Tennessee.

The child, born Tuesday, was named Scarlett Teresa. The name Scarlett tips a hat to Southern belle lead character Scarlett O'Hara in the book and movie 'Gone with the Wind' along with fitting well with the White Stripes' red-hued color scheme. Teresa was chosen in honor of White's mother.

White and Elson wed in Manaus, Brazil, June 1. The maid of honor was White's ex-wife and White Stripes partner Meg White.

White started dating Elson after breaking up with movie actress Renee Zellweger. Elson was a regular on high-end fashion runways and in fashion ads. She's also the star of the White Stripes' video for the song "Blue Orchid."

A spokesperson for the White Stripes was unavailable for comment early Wednesday.

Congratulations!

I like Scarlett as well. I'm just happy the baby wasn't named Apple or Sparkplug or something

Best name ever given to a celebrity baby belongs to Jermaine Jackson's baby: drum roll please.................

Jermajesty

Numb1075 said:
I like Scarlett as well. I'm just happy the baby wasn't named Apple or Sparkplug or something

Best name ever given to a celebrity baby belongs to Jermaine Jackson's baby: drum roll please.................

Jermajesty

:lmao:

I always thought Jermajesty was the king of all baby names until I heard what Flea and Frankie Rayder named their little girl....Sunny Bebop Balzary!

But congrats to Jack and his wife with extra kudos added for giving her a pretty name :cute:

just out of curiousity, why was this moved to 'Zoo Station'. Isn't this music-related, ie 'Just The Bang And Clatter'? :huh: :scratch:

Lila64 said:
just out of curiousity, why was this moved to 'Zoo Station'. Isn't this music-related, ie 'Just The Bang And Clatter'? :huh: :scratch:

B&C is more for actual music discussion...Zoo Station includes celebrity gossip.

Back
Top Bottom