Jack White is married...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
wasn't expecting this...

Jack White Marries Model

White Stripes frontman weds Elson in Shaman canoe ceremony

White Stripes frontman Jack White, 29, married British supermodel Karen Elson, 25, Thursday in the Brazilian city of Manaus.

The couple, who had not made their relationship public, were wed by a Shaman priest in a canoe at the spot where three rivers -- the Rio Negro, the Solimones and the Amazon -- meet. An intimate gathering of close friends, the wedding featured Stripes drummer Meg White as maid of honor and the Stripes' manager as best man. The Shaman ceremony was followed by a blessing at a local Catholic cathedral.

The British-born Elson -- a major model since the late Nineties, known for her incredibly pale complexion, red hair and ultra-slim frame -- appears in the Stripes' new video, "Blue Orchid," and has been the face of such fashion houses as Gucci, Chanel and Louis Vuitton. She has previously been linked to former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha. White dated Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger for more than a year before splitting last fall. (Zellweger married country star Kenny Chesney last month.) While a band statement claims that this is the first marriage for both Elson and White, he was married to Meg White from 1996 to 2000.

The White Stripes' third album, Get Behind Me Satan, will be released June 7th. They are currently touring Latin America and will head to Eastern Europe this summer.

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:
While a band statement claims that this is the first marriage for both Elson and White, he was married to Meg White from 1996 to 2000.

How do you forget you were married for 4 years? Those must have been some powerful drugs he was taking..... :shrug:

Re: Re: Jack White is married...

indra said:

How do you forget you were married for 4 years? Those must have been some powerful drugs he was taking..... :shrug:

still maintaining that they're siblings, probably... :coocoo:

this is her..there were some interesting photos of her on Google

karenelson.jpg

Hope they's happy and have many pale lookin' babies :wink:

Seriously, dude is scary looking :ohmy:

guess he got jealous of renee getting married after a few months to kenny chesney and decided to one up her. :shrug:

I was upstairs getting ready this morning, and I had the news on downstairs. When I heard them say that Jack White got married, I ran downstairs so fast that I fell down the last few steps. :lol: :reject:

I'm glad he didn't settle for merely a model and went for a supermodel.

boosterjuice said:
So let me get this straight, he was married to his sister before????

:lmao:

Thats what i was thinking. I'm seriuosly confused.

PS I cant find any frock pics. Im guessing the whole "in Brazil in a canoe" thing might have something to do with it.

boosterjuice said:
So let me get this straight, he was married to his sister before????

Meg's not actually his sister - they just never officially revealed whether or not they were husband/wife or brother/sister. People assumed it was brother/sister until some wedding records emerged.

Back
Top Bottom