J Lo and Ben....... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:46 AM
J Lo and Ben.......

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's tacky that they are engaged even though she is *still* married? I just can't even imagine how humiliating this must be for Chris Judd.

Although my prediction is that they won't even last 'til their projected Valentine's Day wedding

Old 11-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 07:46 AM

my verdict is that J-Lo is one of these types of pple who feel secure in knowing they are going to marry, and get married.........well, due to insecurity!

I tink anyway.

this marriage will NOT last long.....

I really believe there are pple out there like this.............

I believe its J-Lo, and not Ben.

she has a need to be secure in marriage, even if the relationship is rubbish in 3 months.....she just pulls out and starts over...

of course, I could be sooooo wrong..

Old 11-12-2002, 12:31 PM   #3
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:46 AM
i agree.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:33 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i agree.
with who Miss Khanda?

Old 11-12-2002, 12:41 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

apparently they are the only couple right now in the world. i am sooooooooo tired of hearing and seeing magazines covers about the two of them, the RING, pictures of Ben rubbing her ass *which by the way makes me laugh*, and yes i find it tacky that she is engaged when her divorce is not even final. if this marriage last more than 4 mths, i will be shocked. oh well i guess good for them that they are in love, but damnit media, give it a rest, i do not need hourly updates on how they were staring lovingly into each other's eyes and how Ben swept Jennifer's hair out of her face. lol
Old 11-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Re: J Lo and Ben.......

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's tacky that they are engaged even though she is *still* married? I just can't even imagine how humiliating this must be for Chris Judd.

Although my prediction is that they won't even last 'til their projected Valentine's Day wedding
I hate that I know this, but JLo and Cris Judd filed for divorce from each other months back. It's judiciously (sp?) finalized in December or something. So technically, she's not still married. And yes, even so, I imagine it is humiliating for Cris, but since there are so many reports of his womanizing before/after/during JLo, he might not be too humiliated.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:50 PM   #7
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

I hate that I know this, but JLo and Cris Judd filed for divorce from each other months back. It's judiciously (sp?) finalized in December or something. So technically, she's not still married.
Yeah, I know they filed a while ago, but if the divorce ain't final, then I see that as still married (maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)
Old 11-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Normal Re: Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

JLO is not right! I mean why jump from marriage to marriage? This is going to be her what 3rd marriage?
Old 11-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Re: Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

Quote:

Yeah, I know they filed a while ago, but if the divorce ain't final, then I see that as still married (maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)
i agree...and it bothered me when one of my good friends did something similar. she and her husband filed for divorce and within months of filing, she met a guy and moved in with him before the ink was even dry on the paper.

but to be honest with you. it is the love story of Jennifer and Ben that makes me ill. how is this relationship or any relationship for that matter news worthy? as soon as i hear anything to do with the two of them on TV or in a magazine i turn and walk away.

*oh and i refuse to call Jennifer Lopez "J Lo" *
Old 11-12-2002, 01:00 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:

No.. I don't think you're part of a dwindling majority. I hold marriage to be very sacred.

Of the marriages I've seen dissolve, which are, unfortunately, very many, when both parties mutually filed for divorce, neither considered themselves still married. By law, yes, emotionally, NO.

Everyone's different, I suppose.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:08 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 PM
Re: J Lo and Ben.......

Quote:
I hope they have enough time to attend their pre-marriage counseling classes.

Actually, it is quite sad to see marriage treated as nothing more than a publicity event.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:10 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Re: Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

Quote:

(maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)
I am not married, but I take marriage very serious too.

Its a minority, but a big minority.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:19 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

I will never be married....

Id kill to look like J-Lo though......she has everything!

naaaaah on the otherhand......I need HipHop to keep me company at the opera in the back row.

Old 11-12-2002, 01:25 PM   #14
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1

naaaaah on the otherhand......I need HipHop to keep me company at the opera in the back row.

Wow - he's propositioned you too? Man, I guess he's just a smooth talker........

Old 11-12-2002, 01:28 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes

I think J Blow just wants to keep her name in the papers....It's a shame that she's using the institution of marriage to do it. Think about it, she was with puffy for a number of years...he generated enough publicity on his own, thereby keeping up her own publicity through him. Then she off and marries this Judd guy that noone knows anything about a few months after her and puffy spilt. Then when that got stale in the newspapers, she dumps him for Ben...who is a star in his own right. Now the two are canoodling around in public and "oops, I didn't know there would be cameras following us around while we romped together on the streets of the city."

Count me in that minority that thinks marriage should mean something.