J Lo and Ben.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's tacky that they are engaged even though she is *still* married? I just can't even imagine how humiliating this must be for Chris Judd.

Although my prediction is that they won't even last 'til their projected Valentine's Day wedding :shrug:

my verdict is that J-Lo is one of these types of pple who feel secure in knowing they are going to marry, and get married.........well, due to insecurity!

I tink anyway.

this marriage will NOT last long.....

I really believe there are pple out there like this.............

I believe its J-Lo, and not Ben.

she has a need to be secure in marriage, even if the relationship is rubbish in 3 months.....she just pulls out and starts over...

of course, I could be sooooo wrong..

apparently they are the only couple right now in the world. i am sooooooooo tired of hearing and seeing magazines covers about the two of them, the RING, pictures of Ben rubbing her ass *which by the way makes me laugh*, and yes i find it tacky that she is engaged when her divorce is not even final. if this marriage last more than 4 mths, i will be shocked. oh well i guess good for them that they are in love, but damnit media, give it a rest, i do not need hourly updates on how they were staring lovingly into each other's eyes and how Ben swept Jennifer's hair out of her face. lol :yawn: :down: :rolleyes: :yuck:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's tacky that they are engaged even though she is *still* married? I just can't even imagine how humiliating this must be for Chris Judd.

Although my prediction is that they won't even last 'til their projected Valentine's Day wedding :shrug:

I hate that I know this, but JLo and Cris Judd filed for divorce from each other months back. It's judiciously (sp?) finalized in December or something. So technically, she's not still married. And yes, even so, I imagine it is humiliating for Cris, but since there are so many reports of his womanizing before/after/during JLo, he might not be too humiliated.

Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

HelloAngel said:

I hate that I know this, but JLo and Cris Judd filed for divorce from each other months back. It's judiciously (sp?) finalized in December or something. So technically, she's not still married.

Yeah, I know they filed a while ago, but if the divorce ain't final, then I see that as still married (maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)

Re: Re: Re: J Lo and Ben.......

JLO is not right! I mean why jump from marriage to marriage? :coocoo: This is going to be her what 3rd marriage? :tsk:

bonosloveslave said:

Yeah, I know they filed a while ago, but if the divorce ain't final, then I see that as still married (maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)

i agree...and it bothered me when one of my good friends did something similar. she and her husband filed for divorce and within months of filing, she met a guy and moved in with him before the ink was even dry on the paper. :huh:

but to be honest with you. it is the love story of Jennifer and Ben that makes me ill. how is this relationship or any relationship for that matter news worthy? as soon as i hear anything to do with the two of them on TV or in a magazine i turn and walk away.

*oh and i refuse to call Jennifer Lopez "J Lo" *

bonosloveslave said:

No.. I don't think you're part of a dwindling majority. I hold marriage to be very sacred.

Of the marriages I've seen dissolve, which are, unfortunately, very many, when both parties mutually filed for divorce, neither considered themselves still married. By law, yes, emotionally, NO.

Everyone's different, I suppose. :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:

I hope they have enough time to attend their pre-marriage counseling classes.

Actually, it is quite sad to see marriage treated as nothing more than a publicity event. :madspit:

bonosloveslave said:

(maybe this is just cuz I see marriage as a serious and sacred thing - methinks I'm part of a dwindling minority.....)

I am not married, but I take marriage very serious too.

Its a minority, but a big minority.

I think J Blow just wants to keep her name in the papers....It's a shame that she's using the institution of marriage to do it. Think about it, she was with puffy for a number of years...he generated enough publicity on his own, thereby keeping up her own publicity through him. Then she off and marries this Judd guy that noone knows anything about a few months after her and puffy spilt. Then when that got stale in the newspapers, she dumps him for Ben...who is a star in his own right. Now the two are canoodling around in public and "oops, I didn't know there would be cameras following us around while we romped together on the streets of the city." :rolleyes:

Count me in that minority that thinks marriage should mean something.

Sigh. Ben used to be my fave. I used to love him.

Now I realize that if he's dumb enough to be engaged after a couple months to a semi-married marriage hopper, he isn't worth my affection!

:wink:
I'm not totally serious, but I agree, it's all so ridiculous. The media glorification and how marriage is just not taken seriously bugs me the most.

335%3A356323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232334%3B574573ot1lsi

J Lo is becoming a real Julia Roberts. Falls for whoever she is with, but can't commit.

I agree-I am so tired of hearing about them, the hype for the Diane Sawyer interview, blah, blah :rolleyes:. I also agree that it's extremely distasteful for them to be engaged when she is still not divorced. I heard on the news they can't legally get married until the end of January :shrug: But what does marriage mean these days, like others have said here....

Ultraviolet, I'll admit to a Ben crush too. I actually thought I saw him once in Boston-it sure looked like him, but I was afraid to approach him :banghead:

Ben, how can you?:tsk: :D

Hey I wish them the best of luck if they're truly in love. She just seems like such a DIVA, and w/ her track record....oh well :shrug:

mad1 said:
my verdict is that J-Lo is one of these types of pple who feel secure in knowing they are going to marry, and get married.........well, due to insecurity!

I tink anyway.

this marriage will NOT last long.....

I really believe there are pple out there like this.............

I believe its J-Lo, and not Ben.

she has a need to be secure in marriage, even if the relationship is rubbish in 3 months.....she just pulls out and starts over...

of course, I could be sooooo wrong..

I agree with you.

I never liked Ben Affleck to begin with, and with all this hype of
J Lo getting engaged after being married for a short time, I lost some respect for her.

I don't care for her in the singing dept...
She has SOME talent in acting...

Most celebs are the way they are. They gotta keep their names in the papers. It sucks they use marriage for that reason.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why JLo continues to get movie offers or record albums. She doesn't have astounding sales figures for either.. and the media backlash over her sudden engagement/current marriage is possibly damning to her career. I don't even find her to be more than modestly talented at acting. Her singing is abhorrent. The public interest in her face and butt will fade as people start to loose respect for her. I've never respected her in the first place.

Her new single, "Jenny From The Block" kills me. It's all about how she's the same person she's always been, from when she lived in the Bronx. Oh please - so, did she demand white couches everywhere she went back then too? Was she a diva back then too? Jaysus! If I was from the Bronx, or whereever JLo claims to be from this week, I would be offended at JLo's assertion that "she's still the same person even after the fame, money and famous boyfriends, and the yachts, and fancy hotels, etc."

:yawn:

She bores me. Affleck better hope his relationship with her doesn't affect his career, too. He gets big box office (even if his acting reviews are modest to bad) but "Daredevil" looks mighty silly. Ugh. I watch too much damn television. :lol:

HelloAngel said:
. The public interest in her face and butt will fade as people start to loose respect for her.

hahaha...see this is what makes me laugh...i will never ever understand why a woman's butt or breasts can propel them to fame. it is weird.

i can't stand her singing, she just slept with the right people to get her deal.

i think her acting is pretty good...and she should just stick with that and dancing.

buh bye Jenny from the block :wave:

Back
Top Bottom