I've never highlighted my hair myself, so what brand do you all recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*BOOMCHAA!*

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yes, so I'm going to have to use a box as opposed to "professional" because frankly, I can't find the time to go get it done.
So any suggestions?
What brands are good?
What about Feria'?

I heard that Clairol stuff isn't too bad.

I've only got mine done professionally with foils, so unfortunately I don't know first hand.

I did the at home highlights...Herbal Essence I believe. It cost me $200 at a salon to fix it afterward :yikes: :reject:

Feria is a great product for all over color, but i don't like their brush-through method of application for the highlights. I've had good luck with Clairol Frost & Tip because they tend to be less orangy-brassy. Also, I think the cap method works better because it gives you evenly spaced highlights and it's easier to decide which parts of your hair needs more highlights and which parts have enough.

Here's a website that will give you more options and reviews from consumers: www.makeupalley.com

:)

Last edited:
*BOOMCHAA!* said:
omg!
what'd you do?

I over-filled the comb thing you put the highlighting cream in so instead of nice, evenly spaced highlights, I got big blobs of bleached hair. It was horrible. I still have two lighter colored blotches on the back of my head...even after a full weave and toner.

It was probably more my lack of skill than the actual product but my hairdresser has forbidden me from EVER putting anything but shampoo, condition and styling products in my hair. :der:

This is the day I had it fixed...you can still see the spot but not as bad.

33874%3B4723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D539%3D%3B3%3B%3D3232539%3A4%3A%3B4%3Cnu0mrj

Last edited:
I had hightlights done at the hairdressers twice but they faded & grew out so did at home by myself - there was a cap provided but my sister said she would dye it - she randommly place the bleaching stuff at the top of my head and in other random places........ one hour later the top of my head was peroxide blonde and I had peroxide blonde dots all over my head - I had to wear a hat and dye it the next day

I got my mum to do it a few months later and we used the cap provided and it worked perfectly :up:

It was a Loreal one I think - its really good - find one that has a little hat with it so you cant make any mistakes

And never let your sister do it for you :up:

i've gotten mine done at the salon for a while now, because whenever i do it at home my hair gets too damaged.

but if you were going to, i'd recommend clariol's frost and tip, or herbal essences highlighting. or if you wanted to do an all-over colour too, try l'oreal's coloeur experte. (it's expensive, but when you factor in that it's a box of hair dye and highlighting, it's worth it. hahahahaha!)

Last edited:
Char, that so does not look like the back of your head :der: :confused: When was this? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom