I've Just Seen a Face - CSGW Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will be yours one way or another Zee :wink:

Even if Homosexuality isn't natural; neither is organised religion, or planes or stone buildings...it's such a dumb argument...

I take it you're not religious? :wink:

I do agree though that religion is just a way of people finding a way to unite themselves and reassure themselves ... Salvation will be achieved IF you do this, don't do that, believe in this, don't believe in that, practice this, don't practice that etc bloody etc.

Bloody NI :madwife: I'll have to have a few words with that man.

I take it you're not religious? :wink:

I do agree though that religion is just a way of people finding a way to unite themselves and reassure themselves ... Salvation will be achieved IF you do this, don't do that, believe in this, don't believe in that, practice this, don't practice that etc bloody etc.

I find that religion doesn't unite at all. Overpowering pressure does not unite, it divides.

Weird. I was just thinking about my own beliefs on religion earlier today...:ohmy:

Last edited:
Emma is anicename:yes:

It isn't hanging but you could hang something on it :wink:

It's bloody not, I've got the most bloody common name on earth... the bane of my life :(

Haha, well it is snowing outside... :hmm: :wink:

I should suggest the name Emma to her parents :hmm: In my culture, it's the father's sisters and family who name the baby. And since the baby's dad is my first cousin it could work :up:

Another form of segregation?!
:lol:

Don't suggest it :lol: they'd think you were joking! I only like names from ancient Rome personally. If I had a child right now (god forbid) I would punish it with a really, really Roman name. Like Pollux.

To me Faith is natural; and part of me thinks everyone should have faith

But to me religions (At least every religion at the moment) is just there to cause problems...

We got snow last night too. It's even sticking now, so I consider it the start of winter. :grumpy:

I'm so jealous. :wink:

It's not bloody sticking, alas :madwife:

:lol: Apparently we were all on the same page...we've all talked about religion before, right?

..probably, but it's an even shifting topic :wink:

To me Faith is natural; and part of me thinks everyone should have faith

But to me religions (At least every religion at the moment) is just there to cause problems...

Finding a faith has been so hard for me, having been born into a ultra cynical atheist family. It hasn't been easy, but I like to think I've reached that level of open mindedness by now. I could never, ever become religious though. That's too much of a big step. Unless the religion was Buddhism, which I'd consider.

I have to disagree. I don't want faith and I don't feel weird about that either. To me, faith in other people is more important than faith in a god.

But that in itself is a faith... so you have got faith Justin, and just contradicted yourself :D

You know, religion as I mentioned, is a way to reassure yourself that after you die, there is paradise and you'll be rewarded for the good you did on earth etc. BUT for those of you who aren't religious, what do you believe happens after death? What comes next, is there an afterlife, is there... what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom