I've had it up to HERE!!! with Poker on TV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
What the hell happened in the past year? People just discovered this damn card game existed?

Celebrity Poker
World Series of Poker
MacGyver's Poker w/o Cards
World Poker Challenge
The Muppets Play Poker

Stupid Party Poker.com commercials.

It's on Bravo, and Fox Sports, and ESPN all the fecking time.

enough with the poker. :mad:

Finally some one else feels this way - ALL of my freinds love it and I have to watch over there stupid houses and I'm visiting my perants for the Holiday's and my Dad is all into it.

POKER on ESPN..............We're TALKING ESPN here. Home of Sportscenter............NFL Live.......... College Hoops..............NFL FOOTBALL................... WTF is going on here :madspit: :mad: :yell: :banghead:

Poker :up:

It's about time it's caught on. There's a poker tour here in town where you play for free and can win your way to the World Series of Poker (shown on ESPN). The buy-in is $10K and can win $7 million. It's only going to get bigger as the popularity rises.

In a span of two weeks, your life can change forever. Plus, it's fun reading other people and being able to make that killer bluff when all your chips are in the pot. :wink:

Mr. BAW said:
:up:

I'd rather watch Lady's billiards over poker.

:up:

==============
==============

To further my slandering of poker on TV ( :lol: ).... it's just about as interesting as watching people play go Fish! I don't care how much money is sitting, in cash, on the prize table. It just doesn't work for me.

But I'm not one of those people that likes to watch vehicles drive in (the same) circle for 300-500 laps, either :shrug:

I think poker on TV is a quite an interesting reflection of society...

The fact that Poker is dominating "sports" channels is a sad commentary on both the state of "sports" and "sports" channels.

I like watching it myself, some of those players are great fun to watch.

Hey For Honor, there's more to racing than driving around in a circle. :wink: Not all, but many race car drivers are top athletes with great endurance, hand-eye coordination, great strength, top reflexes, and incredible concentration abilities. Plus the technology and physics which determines the best racing cars is interesting too. And there is lots of racing which doesn't involve oval racing. FYI, but it's ok if you don't like it.:up:

^That's why it's so sad....that the sport channels are putting in on their networks.:wink:

Actually, it could be put in with the pub sports like bowling, darts, and dog shows:lol:

Back
Top Bottom