i've got a challenge for you, and it's awesome cool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hopefully. if we can come up with an upload/download scenario that befits tsar deathbear, then yes.
i already know everyone will hate my list. :drool:

i'm gonna monkey in on this...
perhaps tsar deathbear can email us the names of the songs, we can see if we have any of them and upload them from our collective stuff, track the rest down like dogs...
i'd be happy to make a cd for anyone who can't download - maybe an mp3 disc with the tracks for the bandwidth challenged...

you people are too kind.

honestly, i wasn't expecting this kind of interest.

everyone can do their own list, no reason why this has to be limited to any set number of people.

and don't worry about me, i'll make it work already. 7ust make sure the songs aren't like 320 bit quality, and actually have the songs available for download separately - not grouped all together as one big file. but then again, why would you do that anyway?

good times.

...good times.

well that's what we're gonna do now...

sorry your thread didn't receive the attention it deserved. post that same list with mp3 links...

Zoomerang96 said:

post that same list with mp3 links...

well the top 100 list has definitely changed....from that time to now..... i have changed 3 jobs :), 2 computers and some music taste.... from that time...

but i will make a top 100 list again...with links this time.... :happy:

not sure when i will do it..but i hope to do it soon

This will be awesome. I can't wait to tear through everyone's favorite songs like a starving lion staring down an unsuspecting............uh, whatever lions eat.

:happy:

we've been all talk so far, and no walk. how can we make these threads without them getting closed...or more specifically, how can we post links to the songs themselves?

let's get crackin'.

yimou said:

Maybe we could set up an email account :hmm: Send one mail each with our uploads to that account and voila!

Could work!

....and Zoomerang, isn't broadband available at your place? :scratch:

Here's how we can do it:

Sample Post:

1.Song: Description
2.Song: Description
30.Song: Description

If you'd like more info on 30 of my favorite songs, send an email, with the subject "MrBrau1's 30 Favorite Songs" to the following addy:

Turtleburger@nimrod.com

(I will then reply with 1 word document, listing all the tunes and descriptions, and "extra info.")

Oh yeah, I'm working on descriptions now.

Once we get a consensus for how to do this, I'll start making the "extra info."

alright, so then should we all post our own threads for this or have it in one place?

and what number are we doing? no less than thirty?

Zoomerang96 said:
alright, so then should we all post our own threads for this or have it in one place?

and what number are we doing? no less than thirty?

I'm doing 30.

One thread is probably the best way to keep it organised.

I'll try and get mine up tonite.

This is a really cool idea. Nice job.

ok, just to clarify:

30 songs.

1 e-mail address.

1 word document with links.

so, we're not including U2 songs on our lists at all? or we're just not providing the links to any U2 songs in our word documents?

lmjhitman said:
ok, just to clarify:

30 songs.

1 e-mail address.

1 word document with links.

so, we're not including U2 songs on our lists at all? or we're just not providing the links to any U2 songs in our word documents?

You got it.

I'm not putting any U2 in mine. It would really be nothing new to anyone here, which is kinda the point of this.

I'll have mine up tonite.

i have a feeling you chose those three x's on purpose, to perpetuate sexuality in general.

because truly, i believe you were trying to make a statement along the lines of "excellent" with a longer opening syllable. that could have been accomplished if you had merely wrotten it according to it's non-perverted but equally excitable sound - "eeeeeexcellent".

but you didn't. what you DID do, however, was the cross the line. sexuality is for the bedroom, let's leave it in there, guys.

-stevil harper

Well, I'll keep mine here for now. We can make another thread later.

30 Of My Favorite Songs

1. Mission Drive: The Wonder Stuff. 1991

Taken from their 1991 album, “Never Loved Elvis”, this track is all about angst and energy.
The very understated intro hides the frenzy that is about to come. The perfect song.

2. Learning To Fly: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. 1991

Clean and economical, it rides the same 4 chords through the whole song.
Uplifting and inspiring. The summer road song.

3. From The Bench At Belvidere: The Boo Radleys. 1995

One off single from 1995. Pop in it’s purest form. Everything just works toward the same goal:
making you bob your head with the beat.

4. New Generation: Suede. 1994

Pounding with a beautiful guitar line, Brett Anderson bellows a great vocal melody right into a semi R&B prechorus.
A yearning bleeds through the chorus, as Bernard Butler goes mad through a crescendo guitar solo that give me goose bumps.

5. Hung Up: Paul Weller. 1993

Album closer from 1993’s “Wild Wood.” It’s the perfect example of everything Weller does well.
Tradition English rock, with just a hint of soul. The bridge and solo are spectacular.

6. You Left The Water Running: Otis Redding. 1966

The greatest singer in history, fusing R&B, Rock, and Country.

7. Baby Won’t Ya: MC5. 1971

Raunchy rock and roll. It kicks your ass, and makes you go back to have it kicked again.
I want to scream.

8. While I’ve Got It On My Mind: Johnny Cash. 1974

Johnny wants to get laid. Everyone is out of the house, except for him and his wife.
Johnny is gonna get laid.

9. Joining A Fanclub: Jellyfish. 1993

Put Kiss,, Queen, The Beatles, & Badfinger in a blender. You get Joining a Fanclub.
The coolest song in the universe.

10. Come Anytime: The Hoodoo Gurus. 1989

My favorite Australian rock band. A groovy pop-rock ditty you can dance to.
David Faulkner has a great voice, and he goes from low to high all over this song.

11. Jupiter And Teardrop: Grant Lee Buffalo. 1993

Starts with a bang, then settles into a fine acoustic ballad with explosive bursts of fury.
Grant Lee Philips tells a great story of desperate and tragic love.

12. A New Decade: The Verve. 1995

A total sonic assault. Slow build into the most amazing guitar screams I’ve ever heard.
The slow rhythm just stretches your speakers and lets the guitar magic spread like wildfire.

13. Naked Girl: The Velvet Teen. 2001

Driving and propulsive rhythms. An immediate chorus. A beautiful bridge with nice harmonies,
all the while fueled by a passion that sets the Velvet Teen apart.

14. Sweet Thing: Van Morrison. 1968

Lilting guitar, percussive bass, and Van Morrison singing a beautiful song about living life.
It’ll make you want to walk outside in summer sunshine and soar everything up.

15. Metal Guru: T. Rex. 1972

Joyous, stomping glam-rock sing-along. It’s melody and spirit are infectious.

16. Faraway: Supergrass. 1999

Gentle intro for a more introspective Supergrass tune. It launches into a groove that moves
with the lyric. And the lyric is great:
“I Love my girl, and she love me, I won’t find another to sail my seas.”

17. Life By The Drop: Stevie Ray Vaughn. 1989

acoustic and voice. That’s it. A story of redemption and friendship that’s all the more
poignant with Stevie’s voice and guitar telling it.

18. Powderfinger(Live): Neil Young & Crazy Horse. 1989

A powerful tale, played by a band that knows how to flex their muscle. A guitar solo as
a chorus shouldn’t be so inspirational, but it is.

19. Listen to the Music: The Doobie Brothers. 1972

All I really have to say about it: It makes me really, really happy.

20. Drive In Saturday: David Bowie. 1973

A soul ballad, Doo -Wop beat and back-up vocal. Bowie’s finest songwriting. It just soothes.

21. Come On Let’s Go- Ritchie Valens. 1958

A 50’s classic. What a back beat! It just defines Rock & Roll for me. 2 minutes of bliss.

22. I Can’t Help You Anymore: Aimee Mann. 2005

Starts as what appears to be a reminiscent ballad, but as the lyric gets more desperate
the music comes out to meet it. She manages to fit 4 songs worth of melody into 1 tune.
And it’s all heartbreaking.

23. I’ll Be The One: Badfinger. 1971

Bouncing pop tune with a fluid guitar line that borders on honkey tonk.
These guys knew how to sing in harmony, and there’s no shortage of it here.

24. Simmer Down: Bob Marley. 1963

Early Marley. Sounds like 50’s R&B, but with a rhythmic bounce and flair all it’s own.
His voice just fills you up, in a tune that’s guarantees to make your toe tap.

25. Left Of The Dial: The Replacements. 1985

Earnest, raw, raging. That about sums this one up.

26. Everyday People: Sly And The Family Stone. 1969

Another song that just makes me happy. Lots of Sly songs do that to me.

27. Have You Ever Seen The Rain?: Credence Clearwater Revival. 1970

A really simple song. It cuts right to the emotional feel of the lyric. There’s no BS in it.
I was torn between the original and REM’s cover, but I’ll go with the ache in Fogerty’s voice.

28. Tellin Stories: The Charlatans. 1997

In the history of rock, I don’t think any band has gotten better and better with each record like The Charlatans have.
This is miles away from Manchester. Acoustic guitars, calm rhythm, into bursts of Zeppelinesque guitar and drums.
It all leads into an outro for the ages.

29. A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall: Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians. 1989

I love their take on this Dylan tune. It’s total class.
Her voice is beautiful, and the band gives her enough room to allow the lyrics to
really shine through.

30. Thirteen: Big Star. 1972

The song and story are so delicate and beautiful you can’t help but get wrapped up in it.
Acoustic guitars and voice do more in this song than just about anything I’ve ever heard.
If you listen to this, you will be enchanted.

Email: Brau1@yahoo.com

Use the subject "30 of You Favorite Songs."

nope, i stole the idea from a different message board, remember? but if you insist... :wink:

this thread is finished, as far as i'm concerned. let's put the rest in the new thread...

Zoomerang96 said:
i have a feeling you chose those three x's on purpose, to perpetuate sexuality in general.

what you DID do, however, was the cross the line. sexuality is for the bedroom, let's leave it in there, guys.

-stevil harper
you're right bear, i wroted it that way on purpose. :shh:

and shut up, stevil harper. you know i leave my sexuality everywhere. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom