I've been saying it all year, now it's official... the Lakers are DONE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Jerry West proves once again that he's the best GM in the league... for getting away from this team when he knew the ship was sinking. Kobe shoots too much, and Shaq is useless without someone knocking down shots from the outside. With no cap room at all, the Lakers better be creative in figuring out how to get a third good player in here. If they can't, it's time to deal Shaq or Kobe.

You guys all need to pipe down.
Below are the 2 most righteous NBA stars ever:
1886110433.l.gif

thank u
db3
:angry:

Ouch Bonoman! LOL But true no championships!!

Lakers are out! hahaha Damn the Spurs! Just Damn them! I don't like either the Spurs or Lakers! :p

*sigh* My Kings forced a game 7!! This could have been their year until Webber went down! Game 7 should a good one though.

i think i may be the only person outside of Los Angeles that actually likes the Lakers. Do people just hate them because they are jealous? It's not like they are the Yankees and just outspend everyone, that pisses me off. There is a salary cap in basketball, so they can't do that, they just do things better than other people. Is that a reason to hate them?

And I like the players on their team, Kobe seems like a really cool guy and Shaq is hilarious. They are colorful and fun to watch, much more so the boring plain old Duncan and Robinson. So if anyone can enlighten me on why you dislike the Lakers I would like to hear it, thanks.

on stockton and malone...

old? yes
whiny? only malone
overrated? not a chance

as for why i dislike the lakers...
a) phil jackson is the most overrated professional coach of all time... i'd like to see him take a team without the best player in the league and turn them around before i crown him the king of all coaches, as some would like to do...
b) the shots kobe bryant takes are sickening to watch... i'm sorry, if you're taking 35 shots in a game, you best be hitting the 50 mark, ESPECIALLY when you have the most dominant center since wilt chamberlain on your team... all too often kobe takes 30+ shots, and ends up with more shots than points
c) talent wise, shaq is not very good... size wise, he's dominant. you can't stop him 1-on-1... period. but it showed in this series that without a legitamite outside threat, shaq can be neutralized... you still can't stop him, but the spurs were close enough... that said, i love shaq... he's a great guy
d) the lakers have a history of coasting in the playoffs, just to turn it on in the playoffs... i don't like that
e) anyone who saw the LA-Minnesota series knows full well that the ref's tend to be a tad biased towards the lakers... if there is a call that could go either way, it will go the lakers way. it's no secret that david stern wants his #2 market to advance as far into the playoffs as possiable... why do you think they made the first round 7 games? (anyone who doesn't buy that the nba would "rig" something to aide one of it's biggest markets needs to look no further than the Knicks winning the very first draft lottery, bringing patrick ewing to new york... ewing was as highly touted comming out of g-town as lebron is now)
f) rick fox
g) rick fox
h) i grew tired of listening to people talk about how the lakers are unstopable based on the fact that they've run through the nba finals with hardly a hitch... people tend to forget that if not for two game 7 fourth quarter choke jobs by the trailblazers and the kings, the lakers "dynasty" would have only been 1 title, rather than the 3

I watched some of the game. It was pathetic. The Lakers looked disorganized and dare I say amateurish for practically the whole night, especially the second half. Dismal shooting and no real team effort to come back. It looked like a team full of individuals trying to do it themselves, and of course it didn't work.

I say it's time to start a new team rivalry dynasty like the Lakers and Celtics had in the 80s. We need some good finals that go 7 games and are true battles, not these cases where the finals are a slaughter. Dallas/San Antonio or Sacramento/San Antonio should be a great finals series.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
f) rick fox
g) rick fox

Is it the Vanessa Williams thing... or do you just have a general distaste for your neighbours to the North?

Either way :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
e) anyone who saw the LA-Minnesota series knows full well that the ref's tend to be a tad biased towards the lakers... if there is a call that could go either way, it will go the lakers way. it's no secret that david stern wants his #2 market to advance as far into the playoffs as possiable... why do you think they made the first round 7 games? (anyone who doesn't buy that the nba would "rig" something to aide one of it's biggest markets needs to look no further than the Knicks winning the very first draft lottery, bringing patrick ewing to new york... ewing was as highly touted comming out of g-town as lebron is now)

Nevermind the media. The Wolves were up in the series, and all you would here "The Lakers this and the Lakers that." CRAP!

Chizip said:
i think i may be the only person outside of Los Angeles that actually likes the Lakers. Do people just hate them because they are jealous? It's not like they are the Yankees and just outspend everyone, that pisses me off. There is a salary cap in basketball, so they can't do that, they just do things better than other people. Is that a reason to hate them?

And I like the players on their team, Kobe seems like a really cool guy and Shaq is hilarious. They are colorful and fun to watch, much more so the boring plain old Duncan and Robinson. So if anyone can enlighten me on why you dislike the Lakers I would like to hear it, thanks.

no you're not the only one, my sister loves them

:evil:

headache's reason letter D

I actually like the Lakers, but last night's game was a disgrace. The Laker's never looked like a team focused on winning. They clearly looked unorganized and flat out unmotivated compared to the Spurs. At least the game was clear enough that the Spurs clearly outplayed them, rather than them losing over some iffy call or something, but yeah, to say I was a little disappointed in the Lakers' performance would be an understatement. They could've at least made the game interesting.

Back
Top Bottom