I've been saying it all year, now it's official... the Lakers are DONE. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 07:09 PM
I agree with Heachache's post!

Rick Fox
Rick Fox

I can not stand him!!

Old 05-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #17
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:09 PM
I watched some of the game. It was pathetic. The Lakers looked disorganized and dare I say amateurish for practically the whole night, especially the second half. Dismal shooting and no real team effort to come back. It looked like a team full of individuals trying to do it themselves, and of course it didn't work.

I say it's time to start a new team rivalry dynasty like the Lakers and Celtics had in the 80s. We need some good finals that go 7 games and are true battles, not these cases where the finals are a slaughter. Dallas/San Antonio or Sacramento/San Antonio should be a great finals series.

Old 05-16-2003, 05:39 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

some of u were hurting my feelings.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:01 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
f) rick fox
g) rick fox
Is it the Vanessa Williams thing... or do you just have a general distaste for your neighbours to the North?

Either way
Old 05-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
e) anyone who saw the LA-Minnesota series knows full well that the ref's tend to be a tad biased towards the lakers... if there is a call that could go either way, it will go the lakers way. it's no secret that david stern wants his #2 market to advance as far into the playoffs as possiable... why do you think they made the first round 7 games? (anyone who doesn't buy that the nba would "rig" something to aide one of it's biggest markets needs to look no further than the Knicks winning the very first draft lottery, bringing patrick ewing to new york... ewing was as highly touted comming out of g-town as lebron is now)
Nevermind the media. The Wolves were up in the series, and all you would here "The Lakers this and the Lakers that." CRAP!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
i think i may be the only person outside of Los Angeles that actually likes the Lakers. Do people just hate them because they are jealous? It's not like they are the Yankees and just outspend everyone, that pisses me off. There is a salary cap in basketball, so they can't do that, they just do things better than other people. Is that a reason to hate them?

And I like the players on their team, Kobe seems like a really cool guy and Shaq is hilarious. They are colorful and fun to watch, much more so the boring plain old Duncan and Robinson. So if anyone can enlighten me on why you dislike the Lakers I would like to hear it, thanks.

no you're not the only one, my sister loves them

headache's reason letter D
Old 05-17-2003, 04:14 AM   #22
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I actually like the Lakers, but last night's game was a disgrace. The Laker's never looked like a team focused on winning. They clearly looked unorganized and flat out unmotivated compared to the Spurs. At least the game was clear enough that the Spurs clearly outplayed them, rather than them losing over some iffy call or something, but yeah, to say I was a little disappointed in the Lakers' performance would be an understatement. They could've at least made the game interesting.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:01 PM   #23
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Nevermind the media. The Wolves were up in the series, and all you would here "The Lakers this and the Lakers that." CRAP!
Bill Walton loves to ass to the Lakers!