I've been here a year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace_Hero said:

I don't think that is as relevant as to the situation he was in. He reached a point of no return and knowing his personality, the rest was auto pilot.

I know Darren and know he would never stoop to such immaturity again. Especially as he never had my support before he got banned (we got chatting after). He's a good guy but unfortunately I don't think he's going to get the chance he would relish.

You contradict yourself. You said it was his personality and the rest is on auto-pilot - and then come back with "he would never stoop to such immaturity."

I think the fact that he keeps on trying to come back just shows his lack of immaturity...ala his personality on auto-pilot. I think it proves to the moderators he has no self-control.

zoney! said:

You contradict yourself. You said it was his personality and the rest is on auto-pilot - and then come back with "he would never stoop to such immaturity."

I think the fact that he keeps on trying to come back just shows his lack of immaturity...ala his personality on auto-pilot. I think it proves to the moderators he has no self-control.

You missed my point. He has been punished and would never be as immature as to get himself into that situation again. The auto pilot comment was about his desperation when he did do so.

He also has me now, and I'm a good influence on him. So he returned, what else is he gonna do? He's been told he'll never be allowed back so what has he got to lose buy reregistering incognito? He never hurt anyone upon his return - under my guidance.

And another thing, threatening to contact his ISP. Why must the bitterness continue? Hes not trying to hurt anyone anymore, by reregistering he was showing he likes the place and wanted to get on with people.

I just wish a bit of forgiveness would be shown, instead of the ugly vibes that linger. :(

zoney! said:
I swear immature vendettas are your business, not ours, right?

No, I have no disdain for any of you. But you do of me and as such I get people like cassis, hitman and you (or zonelistener, i don't know the deal with you two) making just as immature comments as mine allegedly are. How big of you all to lower yourself to 'my level'. I don't see the point, I'm striving for something better but I'm not given a chance. It is a wonder I don't flame the board and spam etc... for the sake of it. But no, I restrain myself and try to crack on. Because I like Interference and value the posts everyone makes from Angela Harlem to Jick to mullen4prez to Sicy to zoney.

I haven't even mentioned the numerous females on this board who turn their nose up at me.

I'm not perfect, but let he who is without sin..

first impressions...my friend.

They are hard to shed.

I would say walk away for a week or two. Do NOT come back and start a thread saying "look at me...I am back." Get rid of the signature that calls yourself (someone who hasn't been here a year yet) "the king of interference" or "I am three on the hottness charts" or whatever it says. Just chill. Take cues from the elder-posters...don't piss them off. And be less of an ass to people.

There is my guidance....try it...people might learn to like you.

Palace_Hero said:
I'm not perfect, but let he who is without sin..
please, don't paint yourself as some innocent who makes a mistake every now and then. i think you know EXACTLY what you're doing when you troll these boards for negative responses. you've left ample evidence of your 'restraint' all over the place. heck, even the mods have come to expect this behaviour from you.

zoney's suggestions are good. post with some maturity. try NOT to wind people up.
I haven't even mentioned the numerous females on this board who turn their nose up at me.
you mentioned me by name. :happy:

Last edited:
I thought you were a guy. 'hitman'?

And no hitman my actions are not premeditated, on the whole.

zoney I appreciate the advice but I don't think it is necessarily perfect. For one, these aren't first impressions. I posted for a good 8-9 months or so without incident. That first impression didn't count, for much.

I think diversity should be embraced. I have a different humour to alot of you. I might cross lines every know and again but that is a fault I have already tried to rectify. But I don't see how becoming like everyone else helps anybody. Yes I can be less of an ass and not fish for reactions, that is more than a fair point to make, and I'm trying to do that. But I can't comprimise my personality. I'd like to find a middle ground.

Finally about leaving, honestly do you really think that will help? Even if i did it innocuously, do you think people other than yourself and those that do like me would drop their dislike for me? I don't know. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know. I want to be noticed, but for the right reasons. And I don't know how to do that. For one I'd like to participate in serious discussion like I do in ZooConfessionals to gain some credibility, but that is limited because I can't access FYM ever again because I criticised a member. SO there's an avenue gone. I'm still a member but one of the best ways of becoming a good member, I've lost.

I'm taking you seriously zoney, don't think I'm dismissing what you are saying.

*shrug* I'm at a loose end. Again I'm not perfect, not even nice most of the time, but I do think this image of me has been blown out of proportinon and people now are just being nasty to me, something I've only done in the past to great regret, on sparing occasions.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
He also has me now, and I'm a good influence on him. So he returned, what else is he gonna do? He's been told he'll never be allowed back so what has he got to lose buy reregistering incognito? He never hurt anyone upon his return - under my guidance.
:lmao: this whole paragraph is just absolutely hilarious. you, a good influence? right. sorry, but no. i wouldn't think someone's who banned from fym and skating on thin ice elsewhere to be a "good influence" in regards to this forum. and you know what? we tell people when we ban them, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SNEAK IN UNDER ANOTHER NAME. it only lessens the possibility you'll EVER be let back. it was already unlikely he'd be let back but he just made it absolutely certain that he'd definitely never be allowed back.

he knew exactly what he was doing. it wasn't just him going on some rampage one night causing shit, this was him acting like a right asshole for months on end, insulting members and mods alike on the forums and via private messages and it all came to a head when he started cussing out people in a thread and made up a bullshit story about his father dying. nope, i'm not buying any of this crap, sorry.

Palace_Hero said:
And another thing, threatening to contact his ISP. Why must the bitterness continue? Hes not trying to hurt anyone anymore, by reregistering he was showing he likes the place and wanted to get on with people.
you don't get it. people are banned for a reason. if it was perfectly fine for him to sneak in under a new name, then it'd be fine for him to be reinstated as he was. but it isn't. and what he's doing? trying to re-register and all this? yeah, that's abuse.

Palace_Hero said:
I just wish a bit of forgiveness would be shown, instead of the ugly vibes that linger. :(
we've unbanned plenty of people in the past. some of whom had been banned for a while. some of whom, since they'd been banned and unbanned before your time, you'd never even guess it'd happened in the first place. we're forgiving, when it's appropriate. but last time i checked, none of us are jesus. we're not automatically supposed to forgive someone just because they supposedly claim to show a hint of remorse.

and really, quit while you're ahead. shut up about m4p already or i'm closing this thread. he's banned and he's not coming back and that's that. end of discussion.

KhanadaRhodes said:
and really, quit while you're ahead. shut up about m4p already or i'm closing this thread. he's banned and he's not coming back and that's that. end of discussion.

that was hot. :combust:

I dont see any reason whatsoever to keep this thread open. It is so far gone from the original topic. Personal attacks are not allowed, not even towards banned members. And no we do not make a habit of discussing banned members in public as it is not fair to them so lets move on now, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom