iTunes more popular than peer to peer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would RIAA feel stupid reading that? I imagine they would just think the lawsuits had the desired effect.

indra said:
Why would RIAA feel stupid reading that? I imagine they would just think the lawsuits had the desired effect.

The RIAA should feel stupid because a computer company found a way to make it work, not a record company. Apple were proactive. The RIAA were reactive.

MrBrau1 said:

The RIAA should feel stupid because a computer company found a way to make it work, not a record company. Apple were proactive. The RIAA were reactive.

But they won't feel stupid, and they will think it's their lawsuits making the change. And to be fair the article does point out that certain consumers are less likely to illegally download because of the RIAA's lawsuits. Are those the people very likely to illegally download in the first place? Very possibly not.

indra said:

But they won't feel stupid, and they will think it's their lawsuits making the change. And to be fair the article does point out that certain consumers are less likely to illegally download because of the RIAA's lawsuits. Are those the people very likely to illegally download in the first place? Very possibly not.

If they think their lawsuits are making the change, and not a well marketed, price sensitive service like I-Tunes, they are stupid. The RIAA are scum.

MrBrau1 said:

agreed.

but the riaa should feel stupid for existing in the first place.

but whatever.

Zoomerang96 said:

but the riaa should feel stupid for existing in the first place.

Why should they? Granted I know next to nothing about the RIAA, and am just basing my view on the Australian equivelant (ARIA), but you'd be surprised about the true feelings around record companies and artists in regards to downloading, and then these are the associations that represent them.

Intellectual Property is a very important thing to keep secure.

Having said that, taking the customer to court is just plain fucking dumb, but standing up for the rights of the performer is why they exist.

Back
Top Bottom