ITunes/iPod question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I have a question about Itunes, I've been fiddling with it and the iPod. I put songs from Itunes onto the iPod, well they went automatically, that's how it was set up. However when I came on later and tried to put on more songs, it erased the ones I had already put on the Ipod and then put the new ones on. Is there a way to prevent this? I just recently set it to manual , will that do the trick? I would like continue adding to the playlist without having them be deleted everytime from the iPod.

Thanks alot folks :)

Was it on the same computer? If you charge it on a different computer, you have to make sure to do it manually and not set it as the default. If you were using the same computer I'd assume that would mean you deleted some of the songs you had on there earlier, right? :scratch: As long as you keep adding songs to your iTunes and don't delete any, they shouldn't be lost when you recharge it...

How does the manual option work?

Each time I upload to my Ipod my songlist orders and songs get changed. Itunes can't find the files or something always goes wrong.

I know there must be another way but I can't figure it out :slant:

You have to physically click and drag individual songs from playlists or your library or iTunes sections. I had to do this because I have accounts on more than one computer, really doesn't take that much time depending on how many new songs you need to add.

I spent over 14 hours in the past 2 days adding album art to all of my 1500 files:nerd:

it's so beautiful...:drool:

redkat said:

I definitely don't wear the pants.... my itunes own me

I'm whipped :(

upper left corner - click edit
- Click the iPod tab
- Check manually manage songs and playlists

done :D

make iTunes your bitch :D

i just tried manual & quickly switched back to auto. i don't see why you would have it on manual (unless you have more music in itunes than fits on the ipod) it's far more complicated/time consuming + i'd have to remember put stuff on there myself everytime i add music to itunes :crazy:

see now i"m confused again tre

do I have to re add each song each time I update

I have an Ipod full of music that I want to keep and I like to add a couple songs here and there.

I have waaay more music on itunes than will fit on my ipod

redkat said:

I have an Ipod full of music that I want to keep and I like to add a couple songs here and there.

well the only way to do that would be manual. you shouldn't have to re add stuff after the 1st time

how big is your ipod? :crack:

redkat said:

no you just add the new songs - the old songs stay on the iPod

this is a nice feature because I much as I love the audio file of Bono saying "there was something that I meant to do today I and I think it was you" I prefer not to have it randomly popping up on my iPod in mixed company :wink:

Last edited:
how do you add album art??? i need to do that!

Chrissi, does this mean I should have my Bono moans in a hidden file on my ipod?

Back
Top Bottom