ITT I appreciate Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
I have been listening to his Night Moves album a lot this week, and it's good stuff.

If there ever was a guy who sounded perfect singing about hookers and dancers and high school handjobs, I think it has to be Bob Seger.

Seger is great for driving across the Ohio turnpike, where all there is for miles is farmland.
So many classics- Night Moves, Mainstreet, Against the Wind, Beautiful Loser- and the list goes on.

Holy shit. :crack: I saw him live when I was a kid back in 1977 I think. I was exhausted after the show, as was everyonne else there. He played Pauley Pavilion, a gym on the UCLA campus. It was one huge sweating, screaming mass during his concert. He tore the place down. :up:

Sammy Hagar was the opening act. What a loser. He couldn't compare to Bob Seger.

YEESSSSS! Finally someone on these forums recognises the awesome rock 'n' roll that is Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. :up: My dad got me intyo him as a youngster, loved him every since.

Mainstreet and Travellin' Man are his best songs IMO :drool:

It's a shame Seger doesn't get recognized more - he tends to get overshadowed by the likes of Springsteen and Petty, which is understandable. But Seger belongs with them. What a string of albums he had in the 70's and early 80's.

phanan said:
It's a shame Seger doesn't get recognized more - he tends to get overshadowed by the likes of Springsteen and Petty, which is understandable. But Seger belongs with them. What a string of albums he had in the 70's and early 80's.

I love Bob Seger - besides the fact that he's a hometown boy, he's really put out a great body of work over the years.

I wish I had gotten tickets to see him on this tour he's currently on. He played a bunch of shows in December, and is playing in Detroit again this week, at Cobo, which to those who know is where his live album, Live Bullet, was recorded back in the day(probably before I was even born :wink: ) and is a classic .

I picked up a couple of his live albums on vinyl for next to nothing at a garage sale recently. :drool:

I LOVE Rambling, Gambling Man. I think I've got an Mp3 of Bruce Springsteen covering it.

I love Bob Seger. Great voice, great songs. My favorites are Roll Me Away, Like A Rock, Manhattan, Old Time Rock N' Roll, Sunspot Baby, Katmandu, among many others really. He has a great voice and perfect rock n' roll feel to his music. Would love to see him live!

Back
Top Bottom