It's true...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
To a degree. I can't really say that I believe I'll turn into a bug in the next life, but its possible that the soul may be recreated and used in another body

ahh. an environmentalist.

Originally posted by Ana:
I believe in Reencarnation because we are energy

...which can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed.

I do believe in reincarnation and have studied extensively about it. It makes sense to me.

I too believe in the Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. However, I believe that the energy and matter that I am made up of will be converted into energy for little bugs and bacteria that will eat my dead body. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just saying that the Law of Conservation of Energy doesn't lead me to believe in reincarnation.

------------------
Real Saturday Morning Conversation
A play in one act.
Spiral: (to wife) What are you watching?
Spiral's Wife: Digimon.

THE END

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
I too believe in the Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. However, I believe that the energy and matter that I am made up of will be converted into energy for little bugs and bacteria that will eat my dead body. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just saying that the Law of Conservation of Energy doesn't lead me to believe in reincarnation.

It is by no means what has led me to believe in reincarnation either.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-20-2002).]

To say that we are ultimately nothing more than energy is bullocks. I think we defintly have a soul. If I didn't believe we had souls I'd feel very purposeless.

Even if we went into another being on earth...the thought of being stuck on earth forever is horrible, I hope beyond all hope there is a heaven out there somewhere.

------------------
"Here it is, revenge to the tune;
your no good.
your no good, your no good, your no good
Can't you tell, it's well understood?"
Elliott Smith - Waltz#2

I read a book called "You Cannot Die" which is all about reincarnation, ghosts, past lives etc. It's FASCINATING!!!

I totally believe in reincarnation, and that we do have souls and learn something new in each life. I read somewhere that you go to a kind of heavenly state to "rest" between lives.

If you commit suicide, I guess you hope for better luck in the next life!

To say that we are ultimately nothing more than energy is bullocks. I think we defintly have a soul. If I didn't believe we had souls I'd feel very purposeless.
Even if we went into another being on earth...the thought of being stuck on earth forever is horrible, I hope beyond all hope there is a heaven out there somewhere.

I also believe in the immortality of the soul. I believe that the soul is consciousness itself, the spark of God within each of us. You could say that it is "divine energy" in a sense. I also believe in "heaven" but that it is not something "out there" but rather a state of consciousness within that you don't have to wait until you die to experience.

Reincarnation is a complex subject that cannot be adequately conveyed in a line or two. I can't give it the attention it deserves right now unless there is someone who is really interested, since most people have already decided what they believe in and I've no attachment to convincing anyone of my own beliefs.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-20-2002).]

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i was just saying, that in this life, I don't believe in it. Who knows what I will believe in my next life?

smile.gif

I believe in reincarnation. I don't care what non-believers think.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

sure, why not.

in my next life, i'd like to be a slice of moldy bread.
in a past life, i was a leopard. an online quiz told me so.
and in this life, i'm a shark.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
sure, why not.

rolleyes.gif

have some vegemite.

vegemite.jpg

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
sure, why not.

rolleyes.gif

hey there khanda, i just noticed my quote in your sig!!! how exciting!!! i think it is the first time i've been quoted!!!!!!!

woo hoo!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Back
Top Bottom