It's time we shared this, Interference...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Yes people, the time has come. Please share with me/us all what your cholesterol level is. I got some blood results back today and found mine is 2.7, I was not overly surprised as the highest it has ever been is 3.0. In the midst of my "woohay!" the doctor gave me a stern look and said "Not so fast Missy, it is actually dangerously low". WTF? How can cholesterol levels be too low? I have a combination diet of extremely healthy food and extremely junky food. I am ashamed to admit I eat fast food probably once a week. Appalling as this is, how can it be so low? Some good news is my blood pressure is at an all time high of 105/75. :slant:

But anyways Interference. Divulge if you know/care to what yours is, please. I'm suddenly very interested.
:wink:

Hmm I have a printout of some bloodwork done back in March.. but I dont know how to read it :der:

It says

Total Cholesterol - 207mg/dL
Triglycerides - 120mg/dL
HDL Cholesteral - 60mg/dL
LDL Cholesteral - 123mg/dL

Supposably that's all in the normal range but I have no idea what it means exactly :laugh:

:hmm: i'd have to go look up my last bloodwork from my last appointment...not sure where it is at the moment tho. they usually test my blood every three months or so when i go to my thyroid doctor cuz i had hyperthyroid. as far as i know my blood pressure/cholesterol is pretty much normal. but when they first diagnosed my hyperthyroid, my heart rate was over 100 and i didn't even know it :eek:

same here bg. I know that my blood pressure is pretty low, probably like 105/65, but I have no clue what my cholesterol is. I'm only 20 though and not overweight so I don't think I have to worry about that yet.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I'm only 20 though and not overweight so I don't think I have to worry about that yet.

Weight doesn't have to have anything to do with it. My father and my uncles from my father's side all have high cholesterol levels and they all have normal weights. Don't know if age has anything to do with it,; they're all in their 50s.

i haven't a clue. but i was healthy last time i got a physical, and that was only sometime last year, i think.

this is seriously the most creative thread topic ever.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I'm only 20 though and not overweight so I don't think I have to worry about that yet.

I'm a twig, and when I was about 20 I had some problems with my good cholesteral ... the doc told me to eat more bananas :lol:

When I was 21 I was diagnosed as a high risk. I was only 21 and maybe 140lb, I'm a very thin guy, but my cholesterol and triglycerides were through the roof. I ate OK(for a college kid) and was very active, the doctor said to come back and if they were still high I'd have to go on meds, because it's probably heretitary. Well I didn't want to go on meds, so I changed my diet pretty drastically, I cut out all red meat, fast food, etc.

It's been about 7 years, I still weigh about the same, for I can't gain weight no matter how hard I try, but my levels are a matainable level and haven't had to go on meds, at least for the time being.

Everyone should get checked out because you never know.

My cholestestol is high. I don't have the numbers but I took butter out of my diet, cut down big time on my milkfat intake, and hope this does the trick.

AcrobatMan said:
my bilirubin level about a month back was 1.33 ( down from 2.7)

angela, did that help you :wink:

Er...No! Haha I dont understand anything medical lol. What is that?

Sorry to hear some of you have high levels. Its a worrying problem.
:(

Hmmm...I have no clue, but I did have bloodwork done a few months ago (for a supposed allergy). So the allergist looked at all my levels (they thought I migth be anemic), found out I wasn't, and never mentioned anything after that, so I assume I'm a-ok. :yikes: Then again, the medical community has this stigma where they seem to not want to let me know anything about me. Had my knee x-rayed a few years back and the techniciona would NOT let me see it.

Me: Oooh, is that my x-ray?
Tech: Um...
Me: Can I see it? Is that my patella?
Tech: *hides photos* You can't see these.
Me: Yes, I can. It's my legal right. I'm of age, I have consent. My doctor said I could. Besides, I came in here a year ago and got to see my back x-rays then too.
Tech: *runs*

Me: :angry:

Damn medical community.

Anyway, hope you get everything under control. Take care. :hug:

AND STOP WITH THE FAST FOOD!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom