It's the Great Pumpkin, Randoooooooooom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zonelistener said:

This may seem odd....but I try to be SO considerate in just about every situation I am in. Almost to a fault. Although, if you are not considerate to me....well...

:D

Every store has an aspect of "graminals" to them.
Same here...more people should be like us! :D

This is why we need to remind ourselves from time to time that we are NOT Granimals.

shari schultz said:

Actually, it was part of Saks HQ'd in Jackson MS
Bono sells Edun through Saks....we used to get corporate newsletters with Bono, Ali and Rogan pictured.....will miss that.

We are staying with our individual store names/identities which is a better deal than what poor ol' Marshall Fields got-Macy's swallowed them whole.......*gulp* I cannot imagine State Street Marshall Fields being called Macy's and neither can half of Chicago from what I have heard on Chicago radio stations.
When Marshall Fields took over our old Gimbels store Milwaukee just said no and Marshall Fields didn't last long in that site.

At least it looks like corporate will be staying here so no one I know is losing their job :up:

Macy's bought our dept store chain that had been here for years and for awhile they combined the 2 names but that went by the wayside and now it's just Macy's.

We have a new store opening here called Von Maur...anyone heard of them?

shari schultz said:
At least it looks like corporate will be staying here so no one I know is losing their job :up:
That's good to hear. All these mergers have been kind of scary.

Kariann said:

Macy's bought our dept store chain that had been here for years and for awhile they combined the 2 names but that went by the wayside and now it's just Macy's.

Macy's supposedly bought Filene's, too, but our Filene's is stil, Filene's. :shrug:

Never heard of Von Maur.

shari schultz said:
We are staying with our individual store names/identities which is a better deal than what poor ol' Marshall Fields got-Macy's swallowed them whole.......*gulp* I cannot imagine State Street Marshall Fields being called Macy's and neither can half of Chicago from what I have heard on Chicago radio stations.
When Marshall Fields took over our old Gimbels store Milwaukee just said no and Marshall Fields didn't last long in that site.

I haven't heard the GIMBEL'S name for YEARS.

I read the article about Herberger's this afternoon,and did not know they were owned by Sak's. I like Herberger's...much more than Bon Ton's. But I am also not really fond of many things "Pennsylvania" :shrug:

I am really going to miss the M-F brand. I am not a fan of Macy's (despite growing up on the East coast).

When I moved to Minnesota, I really enjoyed Dayton's (Dayton-Hudson...which WAS owned by Target...and owned Marshall Fields...and was sold to May Company - which my mother worked for in California...and then May was gobbled up by Federated...dizzying). It was sad to see that name go...but it was Marshall Fields. I think the name change to Macy's West (or whatever) is a kick in the pants. :(

Kariann said:

They opened a Von Maur in Eden Prairie, MN (in the mall they filmed MallRats). It is very pink inside the store...that's all I can think of it.

You know...you walk into one of these stores...and you have walked into all of them...almost.

zonelistener said:

They opened a Von Maur in Eden Prairie, MN (in the mall they filmed MallRats). It is very pink inside the store...that's all I can think of it.

You know...you walk into one of these stores...and you have walked into all of them...almost.

:lol: very pink , huh?

Department stores give me a headache. Too much stuff, too many choices. :crazy:

Sorry Shari. ;)

shari schultz said:

:lol: very pink , huh?

Where's ARW9797 when I need her.

I SWEAR...ok, last time I was in there...I was passing through to try and get tickets for the ELEVATION Tour at one of the other department stores. I was a bit horrified (it was a new store at the time, it was EARLY on a saturday morning...I was fearing not getting my Prop tickets...and my friend was trying for Chicago tickets. I think I ended up with ONE sucky ticket off of that onsale (and I got my prop tickets too).

Kariann said:

That's true...most of them are pretty much the same.

Seriously...when you start moving around the country as I have done...you forget where the heck you are (Bon Ton, Carson's, Von Maur, etc.).

Although, in my mind, Field's feels different. And of course Sak's (high-end stuff...like $125 birth sign throw pillows).

Schmeg said:

Sorry Shari. ;)

I usually dont shop them much either. I do go to Nordstrom but the one here doesnt feel as intimidating and I like walking through our Saks since it has more of a smallish feel to it than say Macy's. I've started parking there since I can usually find a place there instead of parking a mile away from the mall entrance.

Schmeg said:

Sorry Shari. ;)
forgiven, it gives me a headache too. My department store is kind enough to provide me with insurance so I can get migraine meds.....:drool:, though

Kariann said:

This scares me but I will be prepared when I go to check them out...my background makes me go check out all these new places.

Oh YES!

It's like me and airports, or Buca Di Beppo...or the local cable channels....or....whatever.

I had lunch with my dad today in Allentown (he has this retirement gig where he drives cars for car dealerships...and sometimes he is able to come out my way).

We went to the Wegman's (my favorite grocery store). They have this awesome cafe place...and he told me "when I walk into a Wegman's, it is like a kid in a candy store!"

Like Father, like son!

I want a grocery store with a cafe in it. :angry: It's probably better that we don't...I'd probably never leave!

zonelistener said:

IT is the most amazing grocery store ever. This may sound odd, but I so want to share it with you! :lol:

Field trip! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom