It's the End of Randooooooooooooom as we know it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's raining on Sven and his clicker is stuck so he can't do the weather! :sad: The umbrella is bigger than he is! :laugh:

I swear we got all of the rain for the past 2 months in about 2 hours. :crack:

Sven is ALMOST as cool as Sexy Weatherman Jym.

Almost.

Maybe if he spelled his name Svyn and therefore had no vowels, although he gets loads of bonus points for the awkward combination of consonants at the beginning of his name.

I can't wait until we have TV so I can see the sexy Indy wyythyrmyn! :drool:

arw9797 said:

:yikes: about the kitchen...........and well if you're East of MSP then one hell of a rain storm is on the way to you. You can have it!!!! My shoes, jeans, and hoodie are SOAKED!!!!!!! :der:
We were attempting to put a lighting fixture in the ceiling. ALL I DID WAS MOVE TWO CENTIMETERS while I was holding it and on of the little glass shades fell out and smashed on the floor. I was really upset at first and then I figured it was bettter that the damn thing smashed while it was 4 feet off the ground than once we got it in the ceiling and were enjoying dinner under it or something. :shrug:

Then we got it in and decided it was ugly anyway, so we took it down. :uhoh:

And please don't send that storm this way...it's gorgeous here and I'd like it to stay that way this weekend! :D

Blue Room said:

:yikes: I keep thinking of that clip a member of this board sent me. Dutch TV? :laugh:
"Thank you, Mr. Bono." :crack:

I can't even read my One Campaign e-mails anymore because they all sound like her. :huh: I feel bad sometimes that I'm not fighting poverty or trying to get prisoners of conscience freed, but I don't want to be associated with the high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou people like her.

But that's too much heavy talk for a Saturday morning...gonna go for a bike ride and open up a bank account. I got an actual PAYCHECK yesterday and I am not afraid to admit that the only poor person it will be helping is ME! :selfish:

I now have two bank accounts here. :drool: I'll close my RI accounts when I go back the day before my mom and I drive to Lake Placid.

And now it's so gorgeous out I'm going to fire up the iPod and go for a nice long walk! :D

:scream:

The Druid Theatre Company of Galway, Ireland will be at the brand new Guthrie theatre for FOUR days at the end of the month to perform various works by John Millington Synge. :scream: I just found this out by watching a documentary on the old theatre that closed recently ( :sad: moment of silence please. I grew up at that threatre :sad: ). The new theatre is about to open so while watching the documentary I went to see what is on schedule for the first round of plays on the multiple stages the new theatre will have. I must go!!!!!! :heart: Playboy of the Western World. :heart: They are doing The Tinker’s Wedding and The Well of the Saints on the same day. The new theatre is on the river :drool: I have to go!!!!!!!!!!

We all have our :nerd: moments. The theatre is mine but I haven't been to a play in ages. :( I think this gives me a chance to get back at it.

I just reread my post above. It's so :drool: worthy I can't stand it!!!!!!!

Total coindicence....I just read my email. I have a new one from the MN Irish Fair :nerd: It was an email about the plays. :faint:

"One of the greatest achievements in the history of Irish theater."
--The Irish Times

:reject: I'm done now. I'm going to go email a few people begging for them to come with me. :uhoh:

Leinie's Red (it's all I could afford at the liquor store last week :sad: ) at home vs Black Velvets at the pub with Amy? :hmm:

I'm thinking the Leinie's sounds better :shifty:

arw9797 said:
I just reread my post above. It's so :drool: worthy I can't stand it!!!!!!!

Total coindicence....I just read my email. I have a new one from the MN Irish Fair :nerd: It was an email about the plays. :faint:

"One of the greatest achievements in the history of Irish theater."
--The Irish Times

:reject: I'm done now. I'm going to go email a few people begging for them to come with me. :uhoh:

If I lived in MN I would go. :wink: Sounds interesting. :up: :)

arw9797 said:
coindicence

WTF?!?!!?

true story....I've already cracked open a few bottles of Leinie's Red. Also I must have just been really excited about my post. Finally, I really just left that for Schmeg to see. :shifty:

:reject:

arw9797 said:

you never take a vacation! Come on out :flirt:

:sexywink:

I will have you know I have vacation scheduled next month for my birthday and I'm actually going somewhere. :hyper: :laugh:

Of course I'm only taking 2 days off, but its still vacation! :reject:

arw9797 said:

where are you going?!?!?

Chicago, I'm going to the Tutankhamun exhibit at the Field Museum in the morning and then to Great America for the rest of the day/night. I cant wait, should be a great day. :)

Blue Room said:

Chicago, I'm going to the Tutankhamun exhibit at the Field Museum in the morning and then to Great America for the rest of the day/night. I cant wait, should be a great day. :)

oh right...:reject: I know you've mentioned that before.

It sounds really cool! That's something I would go to if it were in town.

arw9797 said:

oh right...:reject: I know you've mentioned that before.

It sounds really cool! That's something I would go to if it were in town.

You should get to Valley Fair!! Wild Thing is back up and running.

What is The Wild Thing? :lol:

My sister boughts tickets for us to see Rent in September :shrug:.

We used to see a lot of plays in college. FSU put on some good ones (Into the Woods) and the civic center was close by.

I have mixed feelings about community theater though. We used to have a group that rented out the rec center I manage, and they were an absolute nightmare. They finally got their own place a couple of years ago, thank God :bow:.

kellyahern said:
What is The Wild Thing? :lol:

My sister boughts tickets for us to see Rent in September :shrug:.

We used to see a lot of plays in college. FSU put on some good ones (Into the Woods) and the civic center was close by.

I have mixed feelings about community theater though. We used to have a group that rented out the rec center I manage, and they were an absolute nightmare. They finally got their own place a couple of years ago, thank God :bow:.

The Wild Thing is a roller coaster at the amusement park in MSP. It just broke down not too long ago with people on it :crack: I think it split apart. No one died but very scary.

I LOVE Into the Woods!

This isn't just any play I'm freaking out over. It's an Irish theatre company performing at a brand new theatre. :drool: The Guthrie is *THE* theatre in Minneapolis. It has it's own theatre company and rarely has traveling acts come over. They do tons of classics and always do one Shakespeare play a season. I've seen so many plays and learned so much in that beautiful building. It's very well known in the theatre world. The old one closed because it's just not in a very good location anymore. It's too busy and there's not enough parking. It's attached to the modern art museum and it just wasn't working out anymore. Plus they only had one stage so if they had labs that did plays that required the use of a smaller stage, they had to have it at another location. It's now all going to be under one roof. Though it's really sad that the old location closed, the new place is going to be amazing! The main stage is a replica of the old stage. Until the Irish plays came along at the end of the month, the only thing I wanted to do was go there for a tour to see what it looks like. I can't wait. I've tried to ignore the Guthrie over the last few years so I could travel. I went to see Romeo and Juliet last year. I never realized at the time that would be my final play there. :sad: It was the one and only Shakespeare play on my list that I had never seen but read a million times. I think I can handle tickets to one play. It can get expensive going all the time. :yikes:

arw9797 said:

The Druid Theatre Company of Galway, Ireland will be at the brand new Guthrie theatre for FOUR days at the end of the month to perform various works by John Millington Synge. :scream: I just found this out by watching a documentary on the old theatre that closed recently ( :sad: moment of silence please. I grew up at that threatre :sad: ). The new theatre is about to open so while watching the documentary I went to see what is on schedule for the first round of plays on the multiple stages the new theatre will have. I must go!!!!!! :heart: Playboy of the Western World. :heart: They are doing The Tinker’s Wedding and The Well of the Saints on the same day. The new theatre is on the river :drool: I have to go!!!!!!!!!!

We all have our :nerd: moments. The theatre is mine but I haven't been to a play in ages. :( I think this gives me a chance to get back at it.

That would be cool! I would so go with you if I were there!

CF and I used to go to the theatre alot years ago. We'd even go to a couple of the community theatre groups around here. I actually kind of miss going now that I think about it.

arw9797 said:

The Wild Thing is a roller coaster at the amusement park in MSP. It just broke down not too long ago with people on it :crack: I think it split apart. No one died but very scary.

"Wild Thing returns to service
Friday, June 02, 2006 9:11 AM ET

Valleyfair's Wild Thing was up and running again, 11 days after the Shakopee amusement park's signature roller coaster was closed after a brake accident that mildly injured 18 riders, 15 of whom went to the hospital. Since then, each of the 22 brakes in the ride's slow-down area was removed, disassembled, inspected and tested, park officials said. "

Probably the safest its ever been at this point. Basically one of the brakes locked and stopped the train to quickly. So it was sort of a jolt.

arw9797 said:
I just found this out by watching a documentary on the old theatre that closed recently ( :sad: moment of silence please. I grew up at that threatre :sad: ).

Did they have any Ralph Rapson interviews? :hyper:

DO YOU REALIZE: he not only designed the Guthrie....but also those "not so pretty - low income) Cedar/Riverside apartments? :yes:

arw9797 said:
: works by John Millington Synge.

:heart: Playboy of the Western World. :heart:

:shifty: I saw this in Dublin in 1993

arw9797 said:

The Druid Theatre Company of Galway, Ireland will be at the brand new Guthrie theatre for FOUR days at the end of the month

End of July or end of June? weekend or weekdays??????

I need details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom