It's the End of Randooooooooooooom as we know it - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #496
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
"I really just wanted to blend in," Gado said. "I wasn't doing it for show. I didn't want people to say, 'Oh, look at this Green Bay Packer working.' I really wanted the experience. And I'm going to do it again next year."

His cover eventually was blown. In a drug-induced haze, a man coming out of surgery told his wife that the guy wearing scrubs played football.

"She says, 'My husband swears that you're Samkon Gado and I'm telling him that you're not, that you wouldn't be working here if you were.' And he'd just gotten out of surgery, so this guy was doped up," Gado said.

Gado fessed up. After the initial shock, the woman asked, "What are you doing here?"

A little bit of everything, it turns out. His shift began at 5 a.m. and involved everything from measuring vital signs to helping patients get out of bed. Drawing blood was "nerve-racking," Gado said, but he notes that he had to hand the needle to the nurse only once in more than a dozen attempts.
Havin' a Samkon Gado moment. I am not sure what my reaction would be to see a Green Bay Packer leaning over me taking my vitals /pre-season Packer adoration

Old 07-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:58 PM
Drunk e-mails from my squirrel-killer mother:

Quote:
I still seem to have one stubborn rodent left. This morning I made 2 delicious poison peanut butter balls for him, and he quickly devoured one of them. I haven't seen him since, so I'm very hopeful.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #498
Blue Crack Addict

Evil e-mails to my father who thinks we're not going to pick him up at the airport on Friday:

Quote:
Just go down the escalators and follow the signs to Ground Transportation. I'm sure you'll find a nice taxi to take you to the condo for about $50.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #499
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Evil e-mails to my father who thinks we're not going to pick him up at the airport on Friday:

Are you sure you and zoney know where the airport is?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Are you sure you and zoney know where the airport is?
I think we'll need to Mapquest it, make sure we have a full tank of gas, and leave a few hours early, just in case. And also get out some money since we'll definitely be paying top dollar for parking!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Yes, it's not busy day for people working in banks, so we have time to discuss things like this.
I take this back...we were nonstop all afternoon. I sold 8 money orders and a pack of traveler's cheques between 1 and 4:30.

My traveler's cheques lady was NOT very nice but she left smiling. I've still got it!

Older Teller: That lady is nasty.
Meg: Oh, she was a sweetheart! She just didn't understand that two $20's, two $10's, two $5's, and two $50 traveler's cheques doesn't add up to $200!