It's the End of Randooooooooooooom as we know it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can get motivated to do some cleaning and make actual progress I will have pics from the Waverly ghost hunt up later.

ARW is going to Bruuuuuuce tonight! :drool:

I bought a pair of shoes at Old Navy today for 1.97! :hyper: I also bought a couple things at Gap that I shouldn't have when all I went to get was a basic black cardigan.

Kariann said:
I bought a pair of shoes at Old Navy today for 1.97! :hyper: I also bought a couple things at Gap that I shouldn't have when all I went to get was a basic black cardigan.
:ohmy: $1.97?! That's awesome!

I just ironed almost everything in my closet. :drool: I thought of calling ARW when I got to a pleated linen skirt and asking for ironing advice because I almost ironed out a pleat but I think it worked all right.

shari schultz said:

I have pictures in my head of you and zoney spending hours there........:grocerystorelove:
:lol: We would if we ever got there more than half an hour before closing. Most of the time it's a marathon hurry-up-and-buy-anything-that-looks-good!!! shopathon. All except for the time we were avoiding a massively torrential afternoon downpour so we kind of hung out in the wine section for a little longer than we would have.

:mad: my brother is acting like a child about the concert tonight. He's made it very obvious that he has no interest in going. Um...Queen anyone? :| Not exactly my idea of fun but I went...and I actually did have a good time. He was mad that I didn't bring the tickets to my parents house so we could go from there. Then I would have to drive home from their house tonight. My mom seems to think that she lives closer to downtown than I do. She lives off of one highway that could be considered closer if she lived closer to the highway that I live on! :der: It's the same distance, just different directions. Of course since my parents favorite child is going out tonight they were all involved in the plans :scream: I'm 32 years old. I've been to concerts all over the world and they don't seem to think I'll be able to find a concert in St Paul. :scream: I'm going to kill someone tonight :happy: Thankfully I'm at home now and away from those 3 crazies. /end pre concert rant :madwife:

Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce! :rockon:

I'm at home, waiting to watch "On the Road with 16 Children" on the Discover Health channel. That family is scary, like Stepord wives scary :crack:. My sister is home, so we get to make fun of the show together :hug:.

Last edited:
I have to admit that it looks like it might be a little bit fun to stay overnight at someplace like that..........I remember seeing a show on cable (Scariest Places on Earth-Linda Purl was the host and Zelda Rubenstein-Poltergeist movie- narrated) that showed Waverly Sanitorium and it creeped me out....................soooooooooooooooooo you stayed there :eek:

Thanks for sharing the pics!

shari schultz said:
I have to admit that it looks like it might be a little bit fun to stay overnight at someplace like that..........I remember seeing a show on cable (Scariest Places on Earth-Linda Purl was the host and Zelda Rubenstein-Poltergeist movie- narrated) that showed Waverly Sanitorium and it creeped me out....................soooooooooooooooooo you stayed there :eek:

Thanks for sharing the pics!

It is kind of fun and yeah we were there from 1130 until 5 in the morning. While we had to wait for them to deal with the vandalism person they showed that episode of that show on a big screen they had set up there. They show a brief film about the place before you go in. As we got there I found myself hoping something would happen but it didnt.

Kariann said:

It is kind of fun and yeah we were there from 1130 until 5 in the morning. While we had to wait for them to deal with the vandalism person they showed that episode of that show on a big screen they had set up there. They show a brief film about the place before you go in. As we got there I found myself hoping something would happen but it didnt.

:up: Great pictures, I was going to ask if you went down the death tunnel. That is the part that looks creepy on the TV shows about it. I think I'm in the same camp you are, skeptical, but sort of open to the possibility that it may be real. I guess the thing to remember about the Ghosthunters evidence, they captured it with high tech equipment for the most part (the main evidence was the infra red footage). Otherwise they found almost nothing. :shrug: I thought you might have the shadow people experience though. Still cool that you went there.

Blue Room said:

:up: Great pictures, I was going to ask if you went down the death tunnel. That is the part that looks creepy on the TV shows about it. I think I'm in the same camp you are, skeptical, but sort of open to the possibility that it may be real. I guess the thing to remember about the Ghosthunters evidence, they captured it with high tech equipment for the most part (the main evidence was the infra red footage). Otherwise they found almost nothing. :shrug: I thought you might have the shadow people experience though. Still cool that you went there.

Had it not been at the end we might have gone further into the death tunnel and I have to say it wast creepy just looking down it. We were talking about the fact they had the high tech stuff. We did have an EMF meter that one of the guys let us use. J seemed to think it might have been dead since there was no movement at all whenever she pulled it out. As much as it would have freaked me out I kind of wanted to see the shadow people. One of the guys with us said he was taking some people around and had opened up a door...which some of the doors were pretty heavy doors with no spring action and once he got it open it slammed shut on him pinching his arm and drawing blood where the skin got caught.

J's sister had her high tech camera with her and brought her tripod with the intentions of setting it up to film for awhile but the way they did it was you had so much time on each floor and then you moved on keeping only one group to a floor. We had hoped it would be like Mansfield and we could do a go around of the whole place and then set up in one area for awhile and wait. I haven't seen what anyone else got yet.

:faint: Bruce was amazing!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD :faint:

I didn't know a single song but it was the best show I've ever been to (outside of U2, of course). I recognized some of the songs just because they've been around forever but I didn't know the names or the words.

Bruce to the band in the middle of a song "hey guys...that's night not how we did it last night, or the night before that. We must being doing the Minnesota thing tonight. I don't know what the fuck that is but we'll find out soon...." :cute:

arw9797 said:

I didn't know a single song but it was the best show I've ever been to (outside of U2, of course). I recognized some of the songs just because they've been around forever but I didn't know the names or the words.

That was my reaction after the Bruce shows I went to!

Ok so CF called and was wanting me to drive 45+ minutes to her house and then to J's house tomorrow night and all go together and then basically come back into town and then have to drive back out to her place and then back home when the pavilion is only about 10-15 minutes from my house! Needless to say I told her that considering I have to be at work the next morning at 5am that it would be silly for me to unecessarily add that much time onto my drive when I can be home in 15 minutes. I am going to meet them there. I mean it would be cool to all drive together but it's kind of silly when I am so close.

:huh: I think it's weird that she always wants you to come get her when you're going places close to you. If she doesn't want to drive that badly, she could at least get herself to your house.

I was doing stupid cheerleader moves in the kitchen and whacked my hand on the (granite-top) island. :der:

Schmeg said:
:huh: I think it's weird that she always wants you to come get her when you're going places close to you. If she doesn't want to drive that badly, she could at least get herself to your house.

I guess she talked to J and J asked if everyone was going together. It makes sense for them to go since they live closer to each other.

:| my new cell phone stopped working last night. :scream: While waiting for Bruce to start, my brother and I were going to see who had a better shot of the stage because I wanted to try to get a close up of the screen. I opened my phone and the Irish flag I have for a wallpaper was blue, black, and purple :huh: The menu is light blue but was orange and the camera would not work :scream: I was able to dial out and receive calls and occassionally use text messaging. For the most part the main screen wasn't working. I had a lovely time trying to figure out how to turn my alarm clock off this morning :mad: So....now it's just a blank white screen. I can still use it to talk but I can't access my menu options. I went to the mall to a t mobile store. The dude said I needed to dial 611 for help. I did that. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with some lady telling her my entire life story only for her to tell me I needed to call back from a different phone. I need to be able to take the battery off of my phone so to call back. I told her 3 times in about 2 seconds that I don't have access to another phone until tomorrow morning but she kept going on and on about how she couldn't help me while I was talking to her from my cell phone :crazy:

I suppose I could put the sim card in my old cell phone and call back but I can wait until tomorrow when I'm at work.

:madwife:

:drool: I just got back from my 3.2 mile walk around the lake :love: :combust:

I love it there more than anything in the world. I didn't want to leave after my walk but I could barely move :scream: I'm definitely going to break the no flip flop rule tomorrow at work :shh: I've walked everyday since Friday. My legs are not happy with me :tsk:

arw9797 said:

Bruce to the band in the middle of a song "hey guys...that's night not how we did it last night, or the night before that. We must being doing the Minnesota thing tonight. I don't know what the fuck that is but we'll find out soon...." :cute:

:up: Thats cool! I should go see the Detroit show. But I dont feel like driving 2 hours by myself on a work night. If he was with the E Streeters I would probably do it though. :sigh:

Bruuuuuce is in Milwaukee tomorrow night................Hopefully a torrent will pop up afterwards.........*crossing fingers*

Well I would like to thank the person on Dime a Dozen who snatched and ran with the Keb Mo torrent I was DL-ing. I went from one hour and 52 minutes to 21 hours................:mad: :mad: :mad:

shari schultz said:
Bruuuuuce is in Milwaukee tomorrow night................Hopefully a torrent will pop up afterwards.........*crossing fingers*

:( If it was the weekend I'd drive down and go to the show with you. I could steal my grandpa's wheelchair if that would help :sexywink:

wheelchairs :heart:

I feel lame in them but I get from point a to point b a heck of a lot easier and faster.........

ahhhh, if only it was a weekend and if I had the $$$$$$. I hate not spending any $$$ on fun stuff ~ co-pays, medical equipment, radiology, CT scan...............well you get the picture :sigh: Actually still waiting for the ambulance bill to pop up........that should be scary........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom