It's the End of Randooooooooooooom as we know it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

:laugh: I know, I know. Whats ridiculous is that I still have 37 days of vacation I can use. :reject:

again I go with :faint:

I have 21 vacation days that will be used to get me through July........then bye-bye vacation until next year......

The waiting for the official word on my interview last week anxiety is starting. I can barely focus and the confident good feeling I had last week is falling into doubt.

In regards to a Job 2 I haven't heard anything back about the one place I was really interested in yet and have convinced myself that I won't because it's the one I actually was hoping to get.

Kariann said:
The waiting for the official word on my interview last week anxiety is starting. I can barely focus and the confident good feeling I had last week is falling into doubt.

Have they told you when they were making their decision?

shari schultz said:

th_106400.gif

Squirrel singing and taunting Schmeg's mom............
You come on with your come-ons, you don't fight fair
That's O.K., see if I care!
Knock me down, it's all in vain
I'll get right back on my feet again!

Hit Me With Your Best Shot!
Why Don't You Hit Me With Your Best Shot!
Hit Me With Your Best Shot!
Fire Away!
:lmao: I will have to e-mail her that gif!

Blue Room said:

Have they told you when they were making their decision?

They said I could hear as early as the end of this week. They have one more person to talk to on Weds that had been out on vacation. I feel good about it but I always convince myself it's not going to happen. I think that is to prepare myself in case it turns out on the negative side.

As for the Job 2 she said she would be calling in the next few days. It's for a new location opening and I know there is another round of open interviews this week so I keep telling myself there is still a chance for that.

Kariann said:

They said I could hear as early as the end of this week. They have one more person to talk to on Weds that had been out on vacation. I feel good about it but I always convince myself it's not going to happen. I think that is to prepare myself in case it turns out on the negative side.

As for the Job 2 she said she would be calling in the next few days. It's for a new location opening and I know there is another round of open interviews this week so I keep telling myself there is still a chance for that.

I hope you hear soon. The waiting part is the worst!

Blue Room said:

I hope you hear soon. The waiting part is the worst!

When I do hear the squeal of joy or scream of despair will probably be loud enough for you to hear all they way up there! :laugh:

By the way I FINALLY got the official word on the job I posted/interviewed for way back in March....they have decided that they did not need to add an additional person at this time. I'd given up on that already and it was pretty much to get out of the misery I'm in now but I wanted to laugh that it took that many months to finally follow up.

Kariann said:

When I do hear the squeal of joy or scream of despair will probably be loud enough for you to hear all they way up there! :laugh:

By the way I FINALLY got the official word on the job I posted/interviewed for way back in March....they have decided that they did not need to add an additional person at this time. I'd given up on that already and it was pretty much to get out of the misery I'm in now but I wanted to laugh that it took that many months to finally follow up.
:huh: Is that from Bx3? Uhhh, thanks for the follow up, or something...

My brother FINALLY finished paying me off for San Diego!! I got a nice check in the mail today so I can afford to live again! :dance: I also got my PTO payout from the Gap and hey! I had 84 hours left, not 74, so I got a bigger check! :D

Schmeg said:

:lmao: I will have to e-mail her that gif!

:)

The challenge now is to hear Pat Benatars Hit Me With Your Best Shot without picturing a harmonica playing squirrel

I am sure that it is exactly what Ms. Benatar would want......her song associated with a taunting squirrel

Kariann said:

I say go for the squeal of joy! :up:

From March, huh? wow.

Schmeg said:
My brother FINALLY finished paying me off for San Diego!! I got a nice check in the mail today so I can afford to live again! :dance: I also got my PTO payout from the Gap and hey! I had 84 hours left, not 74, so I got a bigger check! :D

*does happy more $$$$$$$ dance* for you

(to whatever the harmonica playing squirrel is playing)

Blue Room~
I found a couple of cassettes that a former co~worker taped for me. I forgot all about them :tsk: (this being home is a good thing in that respect, finding things :drool: ).

They are of a BoDeans concert (Go Slow Down Tour) at the Aragon Ball Room in Chicago on 11-26-93 and then there is another one that he marked Bodeans 8-31-91 with the other side being something from Chicago on 4-22-90 ( I think it was Earth Day) and Dallas 11-24-87.

I don't know if you are interested in cassette tapes but if you are I will copy them and send them to you. Let me know

shari schultz said:
Blue Room~
I found a couple of cassettes that a former co~worker taped for me. I forgot all about them :tsk: (this being home is a good thing in that respect, finding things :drool: ).

They are of a BoDeans concert (Go Slow Down Tour) at the Aragon Ball Room in Chicago on 11-26-93 and then there is another one that he marked Bodeans 8-31-91 with the other side being something from Chicago on 4-22-90 ( I think it was Earth Day) and Dallas 11-24-87.

I don't know if you are interested in cassette tapes but if you are I will copy them and send them to you. Let me know

Cool! Actually if you want to send me the master cassette's I can convert them to CDR and send back the masters with a CDR copy for yourself.

Blue Room said:

Cool! Actually if you want to send me the master cassette's I can convert them to CDR and send back the masters with a CDR copy for yourself.

I would love that! Thank You! :)

Stinky Toothless Guy has for sure moved to my bad side ...not that he wasn't already but he sealed the deal this morning. He very well may have a #5 paperweight flying toward his head at some point soon if he doesn't leave me alone...and that paperweight happens to be metal with sharp edges. Depending on what happens the rest of the week there could be a conversation to be had with L.

:rant: here for now...maybe journal entry later with more.

Hey BR I'll trade you one Stinky Toothless Guy for one Loud Eater Guy.....whadda say? :wink:

Kariann said:
Stinky Toothless Guy has for sure moved to my bad side ...not that he wasn't already but he sealed the deal this morning. He very well may have a #5 paperweight flying toward his head at some point soon if he doesn't leave me alone...and that paperweight happens to be metal with sharp edges. Depending on what happens the rest of the week there could be a conversation to be had with L.

Hey BR I'll trade you one Stinky Toothless Guy for one Loud Eater Guy.....whadda say? :wink:
:drool: Do you mean your 5 that you got for being with the company for 5 years? Man, I wanted one of those. It was just a crummy watch starting in 2005 and I didn't quite make it to 5 years anyway. :sad:

One day we were really bored and decided you should get a 1 and a 0 for 10 years, and then for 15 they'd send you detailed instructions on how to remove the 0 and replace it with your 5, and for 20 they'd send you a 2 and careful structions to replace the 5 with a 0, ad nauseaum for your entire career...

Schmeg said:

One day we were really bored and decided you should get a 1 and a 0 for 10 years, and then for 15 they'd send you detailed instructions on how to remove the 0 and replace it with your 5, and for 20 they'd send you a 2 and careful structions to replace the 5 with a 0, ad nauseaum for your entire career...

:giggle:

I got a plaque for my 5 year anniversay. Woo hoo, a plaque! :|

I have no idea where it is. Come to think of it, I have no idea where my college diplomas are either :hmm:.

I'm not good with plaques :huh: .

Kariann said:

This message from a project leader was sent regarding his subordinate's hard work!!!

<1> Bob Smith, my assistant programmer, can always be found
<2> hard at work in his cubicle. Bob works independently, without
<3> wasting company time talking to colleagues. Bob never
<4> thinks twice about assisting fellow employees, and he always
<5> finishes given assignments on time. Often Bob takes extended
<6> measures to complete his work, sometimes skipping coffee
<7> breaks. Bob is a dedicated individual who has absolutely no
<8> vanity in spite of his high accomplishments and profound
<9> knowledge in his field. I firmly believe that Bob can be
<10> classed as a high-calibre employee, the type which cannot be
<11> dispensed with. Consequently, I duly recommend that Bob be
<12> promoted to executive management, and a proposal will be
<13> sent away as soon as possible.

A follow-up message was soon sent with the following message:

"That stupid idiot was reading over my shoulder when I wrote the report sent to you earlier today. Kindly read only the alternative lines 1, 3, 5, 7, 9,11,13 for my true assessment of him."
^
That is one of my favorite office jokes.............

kellyahern said:

:giggle:

I got a plaque for my 5 year anniversay. Woo hoo, a plaque! :|

I have no idea where it is. Come to think of it, I have no idea where my college diplomas are either :hmm:.

I'm not good with plaques :huh: .

Somewhere around here I have a "Carson, Pirie, Scott" jacket that I got for my 10th................

Schmeg said:

:drool: Do you mean your 5 that you got for being with the company for 5 years? Man, I wanted one of those. It was just a crummy watch starting in 2005 and I didn't quite make it to 5 years anyway. :sad:

Yup that would be the one...and we had that same conversation at work.

I was in the last batch that got to order something from Tiffany. With my love for Breakfast At Tiffany's I have to admit I drooled over the blue box when my bracelet was delivered.

Kariann said:

:hmm: I doubt STG would make an effort to talk to me though. Whereas loud eater effects everyone in a 20 foot perimeter regardless. Its a toss up. :laugh: :wink:

Kariann said:

At least with loud eater I wouldn't have to endure interaction!

:laugh: Actually, he has come up to me and asked me a question while he was chomping with a mouth full of crackers before. :yikes: Talk about disgusting. I also caught him answering the phone one time with his mouth full. I had to say something to him about not doing that. VERY unprofessional and just disgusting IMO. Its amazing I had to even tell him not to, the guy is 54 years old!

How old is STG?

Kariann said:

Yup that would be the one...and we had that same conversation at work.

I was in the last batch that got to order something from Tiffany. With my love for Breakfast At Tiffany's I have to admit I drooled over the blue box when my bracelet was delivered.

I will assume that you have kept the little blue box and keep the bracelet in it when you are not wearing it:wink:
The closest I have come to Tiffany's was window shopping in New York........and that was good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom