It's Opening Day! Make your predictions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouch

capt.1050871701.cubs_pirates_gjp101.jpg

well benitez usually waits till september to blow saves, so maybe he's just getting them out of the way early this year... :barf:

i'm not worried just yet... they're starting to score some runs, and are begining to win some games...

the starting pitching's been good... glavine's been great

the defense blows, but we knew that going in

the bullpen has been a hell of a lot better than one would think... all dem blown saves and all. it's really just been the closers... namely benitez... in innings 6-7-8 the bullpen has been great... it's just once they get to the 9th, one reaches for the midol

art howe's always been a slow starter, and i'm not sold on anyone else in the NL east... the mets have been bad, but they're still only 3.5 back. i'm just thankful we're not in a situation like the diamondbacks, who are already 9.5 out thanks to the giants fast start. it's early... we'll see.

baseball not been berry berry good to sammy on easter... that was quite the shot

a no hitter by millwood today, and how about that 20 inning win by the cardinals!!!

thank goodness hockey is over and i can concentrate on real sports like baseball and football.

Hewson said:
NL: East: Braves
Cent: Cubs
West: Dodgers
W.C.: Cards

AL: East: Red Sox
Cent: Twins
West: A's
W.C.: Yanks

World Series: Red Sox over Cubs, 7 day games played at Fenway and Wrigley.

NL MVP: Sammy Sosa
AL MVP: Money Ramirez

NL Cy Young: Hideo Nomo
AL Cy Young: Pedro Martinez

NL Rookie of the Year: Hee Sop Choi (the name alone gets my vote)
AL Rookie of the Year: Brandon Phillips

Biggest Bust NL: Tom Glavine
Biggest Bust AL: Bartolo Colon
So I nailed 6 0f 8 playoff teams...not bad. NL MVP will be Bond barely over Pujols, but I have a shot with Money ramirez in the AL.
Cy Youngs are gonna be Halladay and Gagne, I knew nothing about rookies, but I think I nailed the 2 big busts right on the head, though Colon finished strong.
I still say Sox over Cubs. A World Series for the ages, with huge ratings nationally.

ahhh the mets. what a season... 96 loses for a team that was built to "win now." whew... what a job they did. i wouldn't exactly call glavine a bust, though. the entire team was a bust. he had a good 6 games in the first half of the season where he left the game with a lead and the bullpen couldn't get the job done. and in the second half of the season, when you combine the nagging injuries along with the fact that the team was just plain horrific, you get a 9-14 record. if he was still on a good team, like say the braves, i'm sure that record would have been reversed. but hey... the whole team blows. they'll go out and sign vlad guerrero in the offseason and he'll end up hurting his back again and never being the same player again. thus be the mets.

Back
Top Bottom