It's only natural!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

I got this from a small news item here in the Dutch papers. Nine out of ten women do not want any plastic surgery, Botox injections, liposuctions, etc. This was the conclusion of a poll of 500 women in the Netherlands. While more than half of the women said they didn't consider themselves very attractive, they do not want to change anything artificially.

I'm happy with the poll results, although I disagree with the attractive statement. Or rather, they majority may think they're not very attractive, but IMO there are many attractive women in the Netherlands (also many that are not attractive, but that's another story). Now, if I can only meet one of these women...

C ya!

Marty

It's a shame about the low self image...but then again I'm not one to talk.

I really think that the number of people who get plastic surgery of some kind is overrated. I think the media just makes it look like a lot of people are getting these procedures done, but in reality, I think a majority of women are comfortable in their own skin. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I know that no amount of surgery can help me :slant: :laugh:

Well, plastic surgery has its benefits. People with severe burns, for instance.

But for purely cosmetic reasons I don't think it's a good idea. Be happy with what you're given.

daisybean said:
I really think that the number of people who get plastic surgery of some kind is overrated. I think the media just makes it look like a lot of people are getting these procedures done, but in reality, I think a majority of women are comfortable in their own skin.

I agree. I think we hear about celebrities getting plastic surgery so often that it seems like more people get procedures done than they really do.

It's great to hear that Dutch women are happy in their own skin (although it's a shame that low body image is so common). I wonder what the results would be if they asked Americans?

Last edited:
i'll bet more americans would, simply because it's become a part of pop culture here...they have clinics where you can just walk in and get botox injections...plastic surgery isn't as big of a deal now to most.

personally, i think it's ridiculous to want to make yourself more "perfect"...every single person is perfectly made how God wants them to be. cosmetic surgery is just another way to play God...

yertle-the-turtle said:

But for purely cosmetic reasons I don't think it's a good idea. Be happy with what you're given.

:applaud:

lmao applauding noodle :heart:

Plastic surgery is for people with low self esteem and LOTS of money :down: Of course there are things about me I'd love to change, but I would never pay to have my body altered.

yertle-the-turtle said:

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Bang on!
Cosmetic shmosmetic....as years go by, things will sag worse than before hence the need to do it again and again...need proof? Michael Jackson's mug. :barf: :der:

Stories for Boys said:
i'll bet more americans would, simply because it's become a part of pop culture here...they have clinics where you can just walk in and get botox injections...plastic surgery isn't as big of a deal now to most.

personally, i think it's ridiculous to want to make yourself more "perfect"...every single person is perfectly made how God wants them to be. cosmetic surgery is just another way to play God...

Very well said and I definitely agree. I myself am happy with who I am and would never even think about go to any of those extremes to change how I look. I want to look like me and noone else.

tiny dancer said:
Look what happen to Michael Jackson's nose from all the surgery he had on it. It doesn't even look normal. :eek:
that's because it's not! i heard he wears a prosthetic tip to make it look semi-normal. without it, it's just like skin and bone - like how the nasal area looks on a skeleton.

anyway, i wouldn't get any kind of plastic surgery for beauty reasons. sure, if i were burned from a fire i'd get it, but if i suddenly got really good insurance or became rich i wouldn't sit and say "well okay i can nip here and tuck there..." :tsk:

Sicy said:
lmao applauding noodle :heart:

Plastic surgery is for people with low self esteem and LOTS of money :down: Of course there are things about me I'd love to change, but I would never pay to have my body altered.

To each his own.

I guess it is time to remove that penile implant...

In private practice, one of our clients was a manufacturer of all sorts of implants. It never ceased to amaze me what people would stick into their bodies for purely cosmetic reasons.

Back
Top Bottom