It's Official...DEVO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It's Official...

DEVO are still one of the best bands ever to grace the planet, and 'Hardcore Devo Vol. 1' is possibly one of the best CDs you could ever hope to hear.

If anyone has Vol. 2, they need to let me know on pain of death...damn these long-deleted records! :madspit:

They played "Peek-A-Boo!" on the new wave music channel the other night. I like that song, but it's creepy. And it was stuck in my head the rest of the night :|. I just kept hearing, "HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!" over and over :crack:.

That having been said, however, they are a good band, I do like what I've heard by them so far. I like their version of "Satisfaction", they did a funky job on that one :dance: :yes: :up:.

Angela

martha said:
My friend and I wrote ourselves excuses our senior year in high school and we left in the middle of the day to go see Devo play at the Santa Monica Civic. It was great fun! :up:

My husband was there! :up:

He doesn't recall ever hearing of Hardcore Devo Vol.1 (or 2 for that matter)

Cassis said:
i hope I HOPE thsi will be moved to bang and clatter

:fingerscrossed:

Why? :eyebrow: The thread was an 'It's Official'...the statement was there. Devo are amazing and so is 'Hardcore Devo Vol. 1'...the second paragraph was merely an extra...

Lila64 said:
He doesn't recall ever hearing of Hardcore Devo Vol.1 (or 2 for that matter)

Ah, they're two albums they released in 1990 [i think] of really early 4-track recordings from 1974-1977. Good stuff, and reccomended if you want to hear something different.

Last edited:
Take a tape recorder or something!!!! :ohmy: Christ, there looks to be NO sign of them coming over there to England in the future.

DEVO - Live 1980 out on DVD next month if anyone wants a heads-up.

Lila64 said:
Hello Cleveland! :wink:
{wait, who's still in the English Beat? :scratch: }

Exactly. Should still be a kick-ass show though. A homecoming for Devo as well!

they just passed thru S. Calif. Hubby would have gone to the show, but didn't want to pay $60 a ticket (probably plus fees).

Back
Top Bottom