It's never to early to compile a list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
best of 2004 thus far!

more just to get an idea of what to look out for as anything

Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing in the Hands
beautiful stuff. She has a voice like Nina Simone and her songs have a very lovely charm

Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
I love this style. as close to old timey bluesgrass as it gets

Architecture in Helsinki - Fingers Crossed
the tunes are always very catchy, but mingled with a strangeness like what you might hear on The Books album.

Espers - Espers
Beautiful vocals and arrangements. Folk fused with an ambient feel.

Pedro The Lion - Achilles Heel
I've always thought he was at his best on It's Hard to Find a Friend, now he has put out an album which at least matches that.

Air - Talkie Walkie
I constantly listen to this when I work night shifts. It's music for the dark hours, make no mistake!

Fennesz - Venice
this stuff fuses ambient with post rock as near I can make it out.

Les Savy Fav - Inches
The first great rock album of this year

also, Craig Taborn has a new album out. if it's as good as his previous jazz album it will be very worth getting. Called Junk Magic

also, news on Elliott Smiths last album. Looks to be slated for a september release.
I look forward to that very much - with a measure of sadness

Basstrap said:

Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
I love this style. as close to old timey bluesgrass as it gets

:up: This album is getting some buzz. A friend of mine who's musical tastes I am very much in tune with recommended the album to me so I bought it on her good word. Mellow, good stuff. I'm still exploring it.

Pilate - Caught By The Window (may have been very late Dec/03 but I don't care :D ).

The Tragically Hip - In Between Evolution - Releasong June 29th (If Vaccination Scar is any indication of what the rest of the album sounds like, this may just break them wide open in the States)

canadians :)

some good songs. I especially like the lyrics

when i was listening to the radio, i used to listen to a station coming from vermont that would play them all the time.

i really have nothing by way of a best of 2004 so far list..can't you tell? i actually don't remember buying any 'new' music...i've bought music, it's all been...well, stuff i should have bought already.

looking forward to the new bad religion, tiger army, and lars frederiksen albums...and yes, it scares me that all three of those are on epitpah or hell cat...

perhaps i will buy the new modest mouse album, i've heard it and i liked it quite a bit. except it makes me a little nervous when the music director at the radio station says that one of the olsen twins listed them as their favorite band. which reminds me, what's this about a shins song in a mcdonald's commercial?

/ramble

Muse- Absolution, domesetic release....:wink:

Im not buying alot of new music though right now, trying to go to alot of shows. Im looking forward to releases from
Wilco
Morrissey

the wilco album is awesome....or...I mean...I bet it's gonna be sweet

meegannie said:
its never to early for basstrap to mispel things and make gramatical erors and typos! ;)
:lmao:

:hug: Kirk :hug:

brettig said:
Von Bondies - Pawn Shoppe Heart
I almost bought that the other day...but I really shouldn't be spending money on CDs. :(

I can't wait for the new Jesse Malin album...that I will absolutely have to buy. :drool: I'm sure that they will make my Best Of list for 2004. :wink:

I'm almost positive that the only 'released in 2004' album I've gotten so far is the new Modest Mouse. I'm really loving it though, I even prefer it to Moon and Antarctica at this point in time.

Back
Top Bottom