It's hard to flip the bird at someone when wearing mittens!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I am still pissed off. Today has not started out well at all. There has been this enormous snowstorm here, and there I was standing at the crosswalk, at the top of this mountain of snow, trying to get across the street. I had pressed the button, and the cars were slowing, so I step out on the street and this one :censored: mows right by me, practically running me over, and splashing me from head to foot in slush!:mad: :mad:

What do I do? I turn to him and raise my mitten. Of course he couldn't see the rude gesture within...... :madspit: :rant:

And now I'm all cold and wet...and at work to boot! :grumpy:

Dude. I fucking died laughing when I read this thread. I just got this mental pictures and started busting up. I still have not even read the story. I am going to now.

:lmao: :lmao:

Forget flipping the bird...that jackass would have heard my stream of curse words a mile away...with his windows rolled up and his stereo blasting. :censored:

Splashing pedestrians is just not nice. :madspit:

yeah, and roaring "f:censored: off" as they speed away has so much less satisfaction.

reminds me again how happy i am to not have to take a bus to school anymore (stuff like that happened on a near daily basis).

get some gloves. althouhg mittens are certainly much warmer...or borrow boomchaa's mittens...

Mrs. Edge said:
I am still pissed off. Today has not started out well at all. There has been this enormous snowstorm here, and there I was standing at the crosswalk, at the top of this mountain of snow, trying to get across the street. I had pressed the button, and the cars were slowing, so I step out on the street and this one :censored: mows right by me, practically running me over, and splashing me from head to foot in slush!:mad: :mad:

What do I do? I turn to him and raise my mitten. Of course he couldn't see the rude gesture within...... :madspit: :rant:

And now I'm all cold and wet...and at work to boot! :grumpy:

Grrr. :mad:

You got a snowstorm.

Lucky you.

Anywho, that sucks that you got splashed on by that car.

I'm sure if he looked back at you in his rearview mirror, he'd see the little bump in your mitten and your angry face and get the idea. :).

Angela

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
My mittens have a flap that I can undo to pop out the finger when necessary.

lol that's hilarious I have the same kind of mittens .....I have to admit, I have used the flap from time to time......:mac:

see if you lived in Atlanta you would not be working due to that snowstorm. ;) one flake and we are out of work for the day! :) *runs from the snowballs being tossed at me*

anyway that does suck ass! i would have been throwing snow at that bastard! and yes, like Char, he would have heard my mouth telling him off from a mile away. :mad:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :censored:

pictures Jess in her mittems..and here I thought you were talking about flipping your holiday turkey.....and oven mitts..rotflmfao....

Try this equally rude gesture:

Extend left arm. Place wrist of right arm onto inside of elbow of left arm .....fold left arm up.

This is the "Up yours" signal.

That was really tough to explain.....um, just rant and rave. It works for me.

Ahh, Toronto.

You could always call 102.1 the Edge and record your complaints on their system....you might make it to air!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Try this equally rude gesture:

Extend left arm. Place wrist of right arm onto inside of elbow of left arm .....fold left arm up.
i do that all the time. :D i did it oncewhile i was driving. my mom was afraid i'd run off the road since i didn't have my hands on the steering wheel at all. :ohmy:

Thanks, Sweetest Thing, I will keep that in mind for next time! :D

Today began very well by comparison, when I arrived at work, someone draped a huge Joshua Tree era banner on my office door that they didn't want anymore (with JT and UF pics on it). I was thrilled!

Back
Top Bottom