It's going to snow... again... in April...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're supposed to get a lot of snow here, too.

I don't want to talk anymore about it here, though, 'cause if I do, then it won't happen here, and I want it to.

I'll tell ya what, though, I'd much rather have snow than be down in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, or Mississippi right now-severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail...no thanks.

To all of you who do live down there, I hope that the weather won't get too bad where you live.

And to those experiencing snow or who will soon see snow...be careful on the roads (heh, my parents ran to the store this morning and stocked up on food and other various things). :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
To all of you who do live down there, I hope that the weather won't get too bad where you live.
thanks! :wave:

i live in tennessee and i was woken up by our weatheradio's siren, notifying us of a severe thunderstorm watch. i'm so bummed. my husband and i were planning on going and having a picnic today at this farm-like area nearby! :sigh:

Tell me about it! 3 days ago it was 80 degrees, then within the next 2 days we had rain, hail, lightning, thunder, sleet and then snow. Now were supposed to get an additional 8-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Gotta love Iowa weather! :down:

Actually, I'm hoping for a nasty ice storm that will force the university to cancel all classes. :mac: :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I want to fucking kill Michigan. :mad:

Not if I beat you to it.
It started with freezing rain on like Thursday night, and now there's ice and trees down all over the place and power out just about everywhere but here - my parents haven't had power since Friday afternoon.
It's 28? :crack: I was wearing short sleeves last week. :crack:

*kills Michigan* *does a little dance on it's frozen...body...or something*
:mad:
sqcold.gif

It already snowed over here, on Thurday night. The snow froze over, so when you're walking, its like you're walking on the snow... kinda like Legolas.... :hmm:

It snowed here (I'm in Wisconsin right now) on Friday. I took the bus up from Chicago, where it was raining like a bitch, in the afternoon and by the time I rolled into Madison, there was a nice wintry mix of precipitation. Woo.

So this is spring, huh? :huh:

Autumnal here...perfect imho:)

"....it's a nice day for a white wedding..............."
Russell Crowe's birthday and wedding day today. he chose well. Yesterday was perfect, no storms. And last night the sky was so clear and starry.......lucky Danielle:):):):) (I'm just SO very happy for them. At Last!!)

We've got a "chance of frozen mix" for the next few days... it's probably snowing up in South Bend.

We had a huge storm and a tornado watch the day before yesterday :hyper: Did you know Indiana gets a 3:2 ratio more tornados than Kansas?
I'd much x 100 rather have thunderstorms than snow.
I think I've been around meteorology majors too much :sexywink:

Wednesday: 81 degrees

Friday: 34 degrees

Sunday: 30 degrees with wind chills that make it feel like 20, snow (4 to 8 inches).

This coming Wednesday: 70

:shrug:

kariatari said:
Tell me about it! 3 days ago it was 80 degrees, then within the next 2 days we had rain, hail, lightning, thunder, sleet and then snow. Now were supposed to get an additional 8-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Gotta love Iowa weather! :down:

We haven't gotten any thunderstorms here lately.

But yep, for those of you who don't live here, that's Iowa for you-people say, "Don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it'll change".

March and April can be really bizarre months if you live here. Like in April of 2001, when I was going on my school trip to New York City-I left Monday morning, and it was COLD and there was snow and all that. I come back Friday evening, and there was a tornado warning for an area just off to the southeast of where I live.

Very weird.

As for the snow, I'm really hoping and praying we'll get some of it.

Originally posted by kariatari
Actually, I'm hoping for a nasty ice storm that will force the university to cancel all classes. :mac: :up:

And that's my big reason for wanting snow-okay, this winter here has been pathetic snow-wise...we have not had ONE snow day at all this winter. I just want one snow day. Just one. I want to wake up tomorrow morning and hear that school has been cancelled due to the snow (and it'll be nice for me because seniors at my school do not have to make up the snow days, while the freshmen through juniors do).

Khanada, you're getting off easy in Tennessee-you've got a severe thunderstorm watch. South of where you live, they're getting hammered in Mississippi with tornado warnings and all that (yeah, I've been watching the Weather Channel off and on all day).

Another weird thing-on Friday, when my family was coming back from Missouri, it was in the 70s in the area where we were, and as we drove farther north, it got colder, and then by the time we came through Iowa, we were driving in towns that had snow on the ground. I left wearing a T-shirt and by the time I got home, I had a sweatshirt AND a warm coat on over my T-shirt because it was cold. No wonder part of Missouri had a tornado watch-all that cold air slamming into the warm air down there-yeah, that's grounds for trouble (luckily, we left before we experienced any of the severe weather).

Weather can be so funny.

Angela

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Winter storm watch in effect for New York tommorow... 6 to 8 inches expected, potentialy more...

you have got to be f:censored:king kidding me...

Everyone on the East coast knows not to really expect spring until May. But here, we don't have spring. We jump from 30 degrees to 90. Boom--it's summer.

yeah...wed i was wearing a tshirt and didn't need a jacket...thursday night it was freezing rain...by fri it was in the 20s and there was about 1/2 cm of ice covering everything, but no snow on the ground...creepy...

michigan = sucks

sqcold.gif

I can't see out my window.
I think I should protest classes until it's spring since they won't cancel here unless it's due to the rapture.
:grumpy:

Re: Re: It's going to snow... again... in April...

the snow's begun...

~LadyLemon~ said:

Everyone on the East coast knows not to really expect spring until May. But here, we don't have spring. We jump from 30 degrees to 90. Boom--it's summer.

i dunno about you but this east coast person expects spring to start when it's supposed to start... we're not used to these cold harsh never ending winters in new york... i'm not liking it.

We had a pretty bad ice storm here over the weekend. We were off and on with the power. I think it was out here for a total of 32 hours over 3 days. Some people in the area are still without. A LOT of tree damage. Pretty depressing really. Luckily no one has been seriously hurt that I've heard of. But yeah, now we're expecting 2-4 inches of snow today. Gotta love April in western New York!

Ultraviolet Light said:
sqcold.gif

I can't see out my window.
I think I should protest classes until it's spring since they won't cancel here unless it's due to the rapture.
:grumpy:

ok, that was way too amusing to me...heh...rapture...

everyone: :mad:
us: :shifty:

yeah...i definately froze my ass off on the way to class this morning...and i can't see more than 10 feet in front of me...i wonder if all the area schools are closed...:shrug:...

i swear...michigan can bite me :mad:

*puts in summer mix cd*

Last edited:
I'm sitting here on my comp in NY, looking out the window, watching it snow, and I just realized- we've had snow for 6 months now. That's ridiculous. A year ago it was a 20 -30 degrees warmer

Back
Top Bottom