it's European footy weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with all due respect for all my Dutch friends I hope the Tartan Army win tonight

all this bickering between Kluivert and Ruud and Advocaat and what not has ruined what in my opinion is probably the best team in the world, and this would be a good kick up the back side

as someone once said, Holland have the best squad in the world, they just don't have the team

of all the international teams other than Japan and Singapore Holland would be my favourite - after all, it's the country that gave us Cruyff, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Bergkamp :heart:, and yes, Kluivert and van Nistlerooy.

all this bitching saddens me

if I were Advocaat and I needed a lone striker I'd play Roy Makaay

both Kluivert and Ruud need to shut up (Kluivert especially) and Makaay is one of the strikers in the world (plus he scored against Glasgow Celtic in the Champions League, so that might be a slight advantage)

more than likely there'd be three clear goals and Holland will go through though

yertle-the-turtle said:
all this bickering between Kluivert and Ruud and Advocaat and what not has ruined what in my opinion is probably the best team in the world, and this would be a good kick up the back side

I don't recall much bickering between Ruud and Patrick. It's just that Dick needs to make a choice. The Dutch team can be very strong with Ruud van Nistelrooy as a striker (and the team built around him) or with Patrick Kluivert as a striker (and the team built around him), but the compromise Ruud and Patrick will not lead to a very strong team. Hopefully Advocaat will get to this conclusion before summer. Luckily we also have Makaay. And Hasselbaink (although he never played well in the Dutch team).

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:

I don't recall much bickering between Ruud and Patrick. It's just that Dick needs to make a choice. The Dutch team can be very strong with Ruud van Nistelrooy as a striker (and the team built around him) or with Patrick Kluivert as a striker (and the team built around him), but the compromise Ruud and Patrick will not lead to a very strong team. Hopefully Advocaat will get to this conclusion before summer. Luckily we also have Makaay. And Hasselbaink (although he never played well in the Dutch team).

C ya!

Marty
I think Hasselbaink will never play in the dutch team again. There is no need for 5 strikers in one team,..we have van Hooijdonk also.

What about Melchiot in the dutch team, popmartijn ?

Back
Top Bottom