It's almost Thanksgiving!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going back to my hometown in the U.P. to spend the holiday weekend with my family.

I'm most thankful for them.

We're sticking around. Usually, we go to Phil's parents b/c it's also his birthday, but we're going there for 8 days over Christmas and now that we have 2 dogs, it's easier to stay here. We'll go to my maternal grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner and hang out with friends home from school over the weekend. I had one 1/2 day of paid vacation time left so I'm using it for the Monday morning the weekend. One last opportunity to sleep in!

I'm most thankful that I have pretty much everything I want and need and not a terrible amount of stress. Granted, the economy here sucks and no one makes near what they should, but I'm thankful I can afford our rent, I get some paid vacations, I have my dogs, cats, and husband, and I can afford little luxuries to me like cable, high speed internet, and buying new clothes every now and then. I'm also thankful we can manage having Phil in school so he can finally do what he wants.

Last edited:
Im going to Mike's parent's house for dinner. First Thanksgiving I will be celebrating without my family.

What I am thankful for is my family,puppy,and friends. Thankful too that I have an incredible fiance to share my life with :)

We're having family come here. Mom and I are going to be cooking, and my aunt is bringing food too. And then everyone will come over and stuff their faces :D

As for what I'm thankful for... my sig says it all :shifty:

MrPurrl, Callie, Fergus (our two furkids), and I will have turkey and all the fixin's along with football on Thanksgiving Day. My son is going with his dad to *his* parents' house, and he also has to be at work at 4:00 a.m. on Friday. ACK!!! Then on Saturday, we will get together with my sister, her hubby, their son, and my son at our brother's house for "another Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat."

I am thankful for my health, and I am thankful for all of those folks--they do my heart good! :hug:

my fiance and I are flying to Virginia to spend the holiday at my sister's house. my parents and another sister and her 2 little girls will be there too. it will be chaotic but should be fun :)

thankful for being DONE with Christmas shopping :up: thankful for getting through another year, thankful for having only a few financial troubles this year and most of all thankful my stepfather is alive to be here with us. (last Thanksgiving was the beginning of his heart problems that led to a quad bypass.)

spending it by myself

Thankful for my family and my friends and for not having to eat Lutefisk and creamed peas.

Eating Tukey, Mash potatoes, some greens, and watch some football. Oh and not eat Pumpkinpie. :barf: or sweet potoatoe :barf: The get ready for the week after, where I will be going to Disneyland with some friends.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Have you got something against orange vegetables :angry:

Yeah there Gross. Ok You know whats better than pumpkin pie!!!! Apple Pie or Cherry pie, hell even Mud pie!!!!

I'll be spending the day with my cousins, some, who I never not scene in awhile. We usually have an Italian style Thanksgiving, but still have some turkey !!!

I am most thankful for the many blessings in my life. What family I have left, good friends, a roof over my head, clothes, and food to nourish me, and a income that I can get by on. Also my many good friends here at Interference!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mr. Blu & I will be spending Thanksgiving with my mom & her siblings & their extended families. Mr. Blu's mom, stepdad, brother & sister-in-law will be joining us too, so we'll be surrounded by relatives. :ohmy: :D

I'm most thankful this year that God has made his presence in my life completely undeniable. From the prayers about our huge medical bills from last year being answered to my being free of any further cancer after surgery, there's been no doubt in my mind that Kelly & I have been blessed over and over. It's been so inspiring to us and we're excited about finding ways to pass our good fortune along.

I'm flying to Arizona on Thanksgiving Day morning to spend the holiday weekend with my stepmother. I'm excited; I've never been there before and I can't wait to go. :hyper:

I'm thankful for all the usual stuff -- my friends, my family, my life. :wink:

I'll be spending the holiday with my family in Seattle. Since it's the big Apple Cup game this weekend, my entire extended family (my parents and I from Canada, and the Eastern-WA contingent) are all coming to town for the holiday.

We'll have dinner at my grandma's house on Thursday night, then there will be other meals at various other relatives houses throughout the weekend.

While everyone else is at the football game on Saturday, my mom, grandma and I will probably go shopping or to an art show.

I'm thankful for my friends and family, my wonderful job, that I have a fantastic vacation coming up, and that life is great. I'm very thankful. :)

It will just be my parents and I for Turkey Day. Quiet ... mellow ... yummy food, the Macy's Parade, the Green Bay Packers Game ...

I'll be going to my mom's for Thanksgiving dinner, along with my 2 brothers and their families and my dad. I am thankful that my mom is here to spend this holiday season with (found out last Thanksgiving that she has cancer).

I am also thankful for the Red Hill Mining Town video. :shifty:

We don't do Thanksgiving here in New Zealand, but tonight I went to a Thanksgiving dinner with some of the local Americans. There was lots of food that I couldn't recognise but it was all good.

^Glad to hear you experienced an American Thanksgiving! :up:

I've been preparing dishes for several hours and my house smells so good. I am wide awake now but need to get some sleep so I'm not nodding off into my plate tomorrow!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Trinity3000 said:
We don't do Thanksgiving here in New Zealand, but tonight I went to a Thanksgiving dinner with some of the local Americans. There was lots of food that I couldn't recognise but it was all good.

Cool :). Glad you had fun!

Today I'm just hanging out with the family (and my sister's boyfriend is over as well), eating dinner, watching any fun things on TV, all that good stuff. As for what I'm thankful for-my family, of course (and the fact that we're all in fairly good health, my dad especially, as he's had a couple scares in recent years), my friends, having a roof over my head (partly the result of the kindness of strangers), and all the other things-music, laughter, etc., that make life worthwhile :).

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it :hug:! I hope you're all having a safe and fun holiday.

Angela

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my son. He played guitar for me all afternoon, wow! I was amazed how well he played. He could put John Mayer to shame!

thanksgiving.jpg

Our Thanksgiving was awesome. I cooked a huge feast and the whole family was together. After dinner, some of us watched football and the rest played 80's Trivial Pursuit :D

I'm thinking about heading downstairs for pie in a minute :drool:

Back
Top Bottom